The No ToA server!

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Is it the PvE getting the items/mls or the RvR with them?

Cause if theres a new server without ToA, you'll have to level up to 50 again? why not just spend about same time ToAing existing ones if its about the PvE aspect of it?

Could maybe understand RvR with em, tho it does add abit more complexity to it.

Tho the way I see it, if you don't mind lvling up to 50 again, you wouldn't mind getting through the ToA stuff, so I guess its mainly people don't like the extra abilities people have gained for RvR?

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:

Cause if theres a new server without ToA, you'll have to level up to 50 again? why not just spend about same time ToAing existing ones if its about the PvE aspect of it?

Tho the way I see it, if you don't mind lvling up to 50 again, you wouldn't mind getting through the ToA stuff, so I guess its mainly people don't like the extra abilities people have gained for RvR?

You cant really compare leveling a toon to 50 with getting ToA'd / ML'd up.

You can xp anytime you want without any probs, all you have to do is kill a nongray mob, which there are loads of, and they repop a hell lot faster than any arti enc.

The thing with ToA is all the waiting, and sometimes for nothing really, since not all artis drop all the time. And theres not hundreds of ways getting a gov or even its scrolls, like it is with XP :)

I xped my lock to 48 in less than a month, mostly solo, the normal way (ie non PL). Not saying that it's very fast, but it much easier and more fun than any arti ive ever done. My point is that if I kill a mob, im guaranteed (sp?) some xp, I've done Eirenes 7 times ish and it dropped one time, and another guy (damn you monty :p) got it.

EDIT: Not to mention ML's, raid might be at a time you cant participate, maybe you missed a step and had to redo it and so on

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
nah they said MLs would have more of an effect on large scale RvR than on gank group RvR (which is true but I think they had more of an effect on 8vs8 than they had anticipated)

the "will not affect RvR" was made up on VN - there is absolutely nothing that says that posted by mythic (some people did a search - it's just not there).

Now it's possible that the quotes were removed from any press releases or herald postings that contained it and any VN quotes of it were removed but you probably need a tinfoil hat to think that ;)

acually, mythic DID say something along the lines of "ToA will be more of a pve expansion then a RvR one". but in that same article (if my memory serves me) they ALSO stated that it WOULD have a impact on rvr (a very little one). but they DID screw up and misguided stuff. in my huble oppinion, ToA is more a rvr expansion then a pve one. yes u need to pve to acually get the fluff. but 95% of the abilities and artifacts gained is used/usable in rvr only.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Since ToA came, they have made a LOT of positive changes. Remember how bad it actually used to be, its tons different now.

- Encounters made easier, droprates increased
- Much easier to exp artifacts
- Much easier to get scrolls (inc next patch on EU)
- Easier to get good jewelry
- Master Levels made much easier (a few huge changes inc next patch on EU)

If Mythic keeps this up, they got a chance to turn ToA into a positive gaming experience instead of a boring grind - and a lot of the work is already done. Still some problems with spawn rates and such - its far from perfect, but I'm just saying it's gotten a lot better and it seems Mythic are aware of the issues with it.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
yes, not making up quotes means I must be biased :rolleyes:

Oh wait I forgot you're not allowed to actually like games you play.

but you see they werent made up, the actual infamous phrase "Mls wont effect RvR" was said in a question and answer interview with Matt Firor before TOA's release, it was this interview that made my mind up about buying TOA. I thought well if it aint gonna effect RvR and its mainly a PvE expansion cant be that bad.

How wrong could you be !

like Saggy and many others no doubt i also read this interview , so just because you cant find it anymore doesnt mean it didnt exsist or was never said.

well if you dont like the game then ur pretty silly still playing it :p

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
glad to see you contributing with such insight there NeonBlue... the skillful way you put across your opinions and sway others with carefully crafted dialogue.

Thanks i thought it did the job well too ;)

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
I'm pretty sure the "will not affect RvR" is chinese whispers from the above article (will make them broader and not more powerful) and another article which mentions them not having a large effect on group RvR, more for sieges and the like (which was BS - group RvR/solo RvR all massively affected by MLs though much more so by artifacts - feel free to slate mythic for that mind you :))

that actual interview i recall the famous line from is this 1

http://camelotvault.ign.com/?dir=interviews&content=tofajuly0103

and the line "was" in this part of the interview when they was discussing about the impact on RvR

"Camelot Vault: One of the most eagerly anticipated features for the 50th level crowd is the addition of Master Levels. Could you explain how exactly this new feature will work? How will it breath new life into old characters, and what effect do your foresee it having on Realm vs. Realm combat?

Matt Firor: We are working on the design and implementation of Master Levels as I type this, so there's not a lot I can share with you. However, we can tell you that the skill and abilities you'll get from MLs will be "horizontal" in nature, not "vertical" - that is to say your character will become more full featured, but not necessarily strictly more powerful. Think of it more as your character gets more tools in their toolbox."

As you can see it no longer exsists now, and i remember very clearly reading this interview on GOA's homepage , i know what i read, i know what i saw...so unless GOA was in the habit of posting "offical" material in the form of Chinese whispers...go figure ;)

But what is done is done...and Mythic know they fooooked up with TOA

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
You quoted the bit about "horizontal" expansion - i.e. new tools, not more powerful existing tools.

Which is wrong - since the 25% (rebalanced to 10%) damage bonus is about as vertical as it gets however there is NOTHING ABOUT MLS NOT AFFECTING RVR.

Not a jot... nothing - keep looking, you won't find it. And unless Mythic have the power to delete posts from all the message boards out there and all the internet sites they can't have deleted it.

But feel free to keep wearing your tinfoil hat and beleiving mythic announced it and it wasn't just chinese whispers....

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
NeonBlue said:
But what is done is done...and Mythic know they fooooked up with TOA

indeed - look at the number of changes they've made to it - whining about OMG TOA AFFECTS RVR is getting somewhat out of date these days.

Oh and glad you've managed to string more than three words together NeonBlue - well done, pat on the back.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Oh and glad you've managed to string more than three words together NeonBlue - well done, pat on the back.

Ignore them mate - they aren't worth it :fluffle:

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
You quoted the bit about "horizontal" expansion - i.e. new tools, not more powerful existing tools.

Which is wrong - since the 25% (rebalanced to 10%) damage bonus is about as vertical as it gets however there is NOTHING ABOUT MLS NOT AFFECTING RVR

Whether its right or wrong i dont care, i didnt write it :p

doh, if it was right infront of ya,you wouldnt be able to see it through those glasses of yours!

Flimgoblin said:
But feel free to keep wearing your tinfoil hat and beleiving mythic announced it and it wasn't just chinese whispers

i dont need to believe...i SAW it in an offical release on GOAs homepage (and yes ive looked back through the news archives on GOAs page...but guess what, it aint there no more...now what a suprise!)

Flimgoblin said:
indeed - look at the number of changes they've made to it - whining about OMG TOA AFFECTS RVR is getting somewhat out of date these days.

i aint whinging about it...i was answering a previous post about the infamous statement.

Flimgoblin said:

thanks for the pat, your sarcasm classes are going well i see, keep up the good work :clap:

anyways said my piece on the subject , in the small scheme of things it matters jot now

have fun ;)

Validus

Fledgling Freddie
If such a thing does happen i'm re-installing and re-subscribing, And i think its only reasonable to say that i won't be alone on this.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:

Which is wrong - since the 25% (rebalanced to 10%) damage bonus is about as vertical as it gets however there is NOTHING ABOUT MLS NOT AFFECTING RVR.

Not a jot... nothing - keep looking, you won't find it. And unless Mythic have the power to delete posts from all the message boards out there and all the internet sites they can't have deleted it.

But feel free to keep wearing your tinfoil hat and beleiving mythic announced it and it wasn't just chinese whispers....

The 10% bonus has nothing to do with Master Levels tho. On the other hand, I don't see the horizontalness in stuff like Bodyguard, Summon Mastery, Banelord Interrupts, Forceful Zephyr osv osv, this is all pretty vertical in nature.

stafrin

Loyal Freddie

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Jaem- said:

well thing is u can solo etc if u have to in pve (tho hopefully this server will be flooded with people so grping will be easy :D) u cant really solo much of toa so its alot harder to organise etc and need people willing to help (not that hard if ur in a decent guild but can be hard to get every1 to come as some will be rvring, some crafting, some lvling a toon etc)

Nilmeia

Fledgling Freddie
After ToA:
- PvE became a MUST if u wanna be decent in RvR if u hate it or not
- extreme casting speed, dmg, range etc etc
- way bigger differences between hardcore players (with full ToA templates and ML 10) and those who don't play that often or cba to bother with it
- I'm thinking about what will I do when my arti's run out of duration...
- Many good old players left DAoC

Death to ToA !

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
I think if there would be a no ToA (OF) server way more players would return to daoc then the number of ppl pleased with ToA. Including me.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
stafrin said:
Mordred was the second PVP server in us, Andred was up and running for quite some time before mordred,
Ehh, no, perhaps you should read the information on the URLs that were posted? It says, among other things:
Andred, same as Mordred but a fresh clean start for those who might be on vacation this week ;)
Mordred was the first PvP server, and now also the only one since Andred was merged into Mordred.

Oli7er

Fledgling Freddie
i cannot be bothered about reading the whole 6 pages, can some official goa person say somethign about this please? what are the chances of getting a no-toa server?

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
A LOT is going to depend on what Mythic does. We can not create new ruleset servers so it would be on them to create one first then we have to get a license from Mythic for that servertype (which they do not have to give us by the way, it's something that gets negotiated) We are not a subsidiary of Mythic, we purchase licenses from them to run the European servers and at the end of the day it's up to them to make the decision as to -if- they are going to create this type of server and if they do are they willing to out license it to us.

As far as our end goes those desisions and negotiations take place well above the GM staff (we're the minnows in the Goa food chain) so honestly there is very little beyond the above that we can tell you.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
A LOT is going to depend on what Mythic does. We can not create new ruleset servers so it would be on them to create one first then we have to get a license from Mythic for that servertype (which they do not have to give us by the way, it's something that gets negotiated) We are not a subsidiary of Mythic, we purchase licenses from them to run the European servers and at the end of the day it's up to them to make the decision as to -if- they are going to create this type of server and if they do are they willing to out license it to us.

As far as our end goes those desisions and negotiations take place well above the GM staff (we're the minnows in the Goa food chain) so honestly there is very little beyond the above that we can tell you.

Then I suggest you employ better negotiators.
Try suggesting to Mythic that they are the supplier of a product. You are the customer.
Indeed at the end of the day it is I and many thousands like me who are the customer.
We want a better product. We want Mythic to deliver a better product.
Or we will take OUR cash elsewhere.
It seems these days that DAoC is not the only product out there which we could choose from.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i very much doubt many people would abandon thier toa'd toons to go and play on a no toa server, unless ofc its a no toa AND non NF server, toa isnt that much of a big deal these days, NF is the expansion that killed off the game the most, you just need to look at the drop in players to see that. If they gave us a server with SI it would bring back a hell of players, they would be stupid not to. Mythic seem to be listening to thier customers a lot more these days, they have learnt the hard way that pissing off your subscribers does not make business sence, lets hope they do whats right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom