The No ToA server!

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
They certainly said MLs wouldn't
what most people seem to dislike is not that it takes so long, but that to be anywhere near competetive you are forced to get artifacts and do mls, something that takes a long time. It also widened the gap between casual players and gank grps. the gank grps swaped from rvr to pve, helping each other get fully kitted out templates quickly, most people do not have fully capped templates, especially with hard artifacts like BoZ in

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
nah they said MLs would have more of an effect on large scale RvR than on gank group RvR (which is true but I think they had more of an effect on 8vs8 than they had anticipated)

the "will not affect RvR" was made up on VN - there is absolutely nothing that says that posted by mythic (some people did a search - it's just not there).

Now it's possible that the quotes were removed from any press releases or herald postings that contained it and any VN quotes of it were removed but you probably need a tinfoil hat to think that ;)

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
nah they said MLs would have more of an effect on large scale RvR than on gank group RvR (which is true but I think they had more of an effect on 8vs8 than they had anticipated)

the "will not affect RvR" was made up on VN - there is absolutely nothing that says that posted by mythic (some people did a search - it's just not there).

Now it's possible that the quotes were removed from any press releases or herald postings that contained it and any VN quotes of it were removed but you probably need a tinfoil hat to think that ;)

LOL still wearing those rose tinted glasses i see :p

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
you dont need 8 hours a day solid gaming to compete most of heresy have done well on 4 hours every monday and sunday.

99% of the people who dont want to do toa are also the same few that dont like pve at all. IE lets all go get powereleveled to 50 o wait whats engage doo.

If you go onto the non toa server you will still be up against the hard core gamers that do galladoria / cear sidi / tuscern glacier / legion etc etc for the ubah drops your still going to be at a disadvantage. All that toa did was increase the distance between the power gamer IE someone who plays for more than 1 hour a night and the lazy person who thinks mls are boring isnt prepared to get groups together for artis and who wants to win at rvr every single time.

Put the time in and be rewarded this is a mmorpg emphasis on the MASSIVE and ROLEPLAY.

If you want more instant gratification go play counterstrike.

LOL what rubbish!

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
Actually lots and lots of articles have disappeared from Herald, "Master Abilities wont affect RvR" is one of them - yes, I did read that article and hearing that was all I needed, started to read more about ToA when it was released in EU, got shocked and sold my accounts :p (in that article someone from Mythic gave an interview of ToA). Lots of articles with usefull information are gone too (had direct links to some, none of them works and can't find them by using keywords either :S)

Hopefully the next expansion will reward players with insanely overpowered PvE abilities gained by each realm rank - you know, the sort of stuff that are must have to explore the new PvE areas with new overpowered items? Bet all PvErs would love it! Oh, wait, would they actually be forced to step to Frontiers to see those lovely MAs in action? The ones you get by PvE but 50% them are RvR-only? :cool: Just make MAs PvE-only and RAs RvR only (after redoing both systems ofc :p).

Anyway, non-ToA server is an stupid idea unless they put lots of work on it - most changes during the last year have been made ToA in mind and removing just ToA wouldn't work.

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
I guess we would end up with 3 underpopulated servers then....

Make ToA alot easyer instead.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
NeonBlue said:
LOL still wearing those rose tinted glasses i see :p

yes, not making up quotes means I must be biased :rolleyes:

Oh wait I forgot you're not allowed to actually like games you play.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
NeonBlue said:
LOL what rubbish!

glad to see you contributing with such insight there NeonBlue... the skillful way you put across your opinions and sway others with carefully crafted dialogue.

Perhaps you are actually only physically capable of clicking the quote button and posting "LOL OMG SUX"

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Saggy said:
Actually lots and lots of articles have disappeared from Herald, "Master Abilities wont affect RvR" is one of them - yes, I did read that article and hearing that was all I needed, started to read more about ToA when it was released in EU, got shocked and sold my accounts :p (in that article someone from Mythic gave an interview of ToA). Lots of articles with usefull information are gone too (had direct links to some, none of them works and can't find them by using keywords either :S)

Every time they post news on the herald it gets copied to message boards - there's no trace of it on any of the forums either...

What I remember (and you can probablt find) is an "exclusive" interview with one of the devs on a game site which had them saying they were intended more for large scale fights.

e.g. http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/daoctoa.php

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
I think I need to remember not to upset Filmy...

By the look of these posts, he bites!!!

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
Every time they post news on the herald it gets copied to message boards - there's no trace of it on any of the forums either...
Which message boards? oO
Flimgoblin said:
What I remember (and you can probablt find) is an "exclusive" interview with one of the devs on a game site which had them saying they were intended more for large scale fights.

e.g. http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/daoctoa.php
That's not the article I'm talking about.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Saggy said:
Which message boards? oO

That's not the article I'm talking about.

anything on the herald turns up on VN... plus all the daoc news sites will quote them. (some might run rss feeds that would get changed, but not all)

BW is sadly gone ;) woulda found it there if it existed ( doubt it though)

I'm pretty sure the "will not affect RvR" is chinese whispers from the above article (will make them broader and not more powerful) and another article which mentions them not having a large effect on group RvR, more for sieges and the like (which was BS - group RvR/solo RvR all massively affected by MLs though much more so by artifacts - feel free to slate mythic for that mind you :))

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Dakkath said:
I think I need to remember not to upset Filmy...

By the look of these posts, he bites!!!

the picture ain't just for show... I'm a frickin demon!

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
anything on the herald turns up on VN... plus all the daoc news sites will quote them. (some might run rss feeds that would get changed, but not all)

BW is sadly gone ;) woulda found it there if it existed ( doubt it though)
See if I can be arsed to do some searching Oo
Flimgoblin said:
I'm pretty sure the "will not affect RvR" is chinese whispers from the above article (will make them broader and not more powerful) and another article which mentions them not having a large effect on group RvR, more for sieges and the like (which was BS - group RvR/solo RvR all massively affected by MLs though much more so by artifacts - feel free to slate mythic for that mind you :))
Either that article exists or I'm brainwashed - I gave my friend URL to that article once I had read it and we had fairly long discussion about it. It even had question of "What about PvE on Frontier? Does Master Abilities work there?" (or something similar :p) and the answer was "We are looking for good solution that everyone will be happy with" (or something similar :p) followed with suggestions of combat timers and such Oo

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
hmm ok :)

well if you find it let me know, be very interested :) some folks on the pendragon test boards spent ages scouring VN for it and couldn't find anything, no quotes no nothing :(

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
hmm ok :)

well if you find it let me know, be very interested :) some folks on the pendragon test boards spent ages scouring VN for it and couldn't find anything, no quotes no nothing :(
Called my friend to ask about it and he remembers nothing - must have been me dreaming :m00: Fairly sure it was on Grab Bag with "for more information you may want to read this <link> interview..." though :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Bahumat said:
oh and what about us PvP players? will we get a non toa pvp server?
Well, it certainly seems to me that the introduction of ToA has made the PvP server a much harder community to get into, simply because getting to 50, doing some quests, and getting some SCed armor is no longer enough; you also have to spend ages hanging around in highly trafficed zones containing rare and important items and quests, which is just asking to be griefed by the high amount of retards populating that server. On the other hand, the PvP community is a minority, and a new server just for them would hardly be justified.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I remember reading that interview as well. It wasn't an official release item, but it was an 'interview' after some (small) game con. Haven't been able to find it since, and it doesn't really matter anyway. ;)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
even if this goes live mythic will spoil it by not removing new frontiers along with toa T_T

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
even if this goes live mythic will spoil it by not removing new frontiers along with toa T_T
yeah, get rid of New Frontiers and the game will be FUN again :) I don't mind TOA, but NF is the uber crap deluxe :kissit:

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
Jimmy,
If your preferance is for PvE then ToA offers things to do once your character gets to 50. The expansion added a lot of high end content for those people who choose not to spend all their time in the Frontier. Whines aside there are a lot of fun and interesting bits and storyline if you care to look. You have to take into consideration that the people who are complaining about it are the ones who prefer the PvP aspect of the game and resent (and in some cases rightly so) that the competition on the European servers is so tight that they can't compete without being 'forced' to PvE beyond 50 as they need the ML abilities and artifacts.

The Problem is:

The first time you do the whole Toa Stuff it is fun because it is new for you. But there are 8 (10) Character Slots. I have 2 Level 50 Chars and one 49 and cba to do the Toa ML Raids, Artifacts, Quests more then once.Did it with my Main and i still have to level one gay Artifact.(The Dreamsphere is a bitch to level with my Hero xD)

It's just boring the second/third/... time and you need too much Time to do all the stuff you need to compete in RvR.

Even with the latest Patches Toa is still the worst/most time consuming Addon.

And iam someone who really likes the PvE Aspect of the Game. (Until Toa came)

:p

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Moving back marginally in the direction of the topic - I think that rather than artifacts and MLs overpowering rvr 'toons, the bigger problem is actually Realm Abilities. To get these you need need to beat others, which is more difficult to do without abilities in the first place - its all a bit chicken and egg.

Having said that - there HAS to be an appropriate reward for beating people - else there would be no point.

As I've discussed in another thread - I think the "simple" answer for Mythic is to rework all the MLs and artifact encounters so that they occur in instanced dungeons, which only allow 1fg to enter (and obviously scale down the encounters so that 1fg can do them). Then all the camping issues go away, casual players can enjoy ToA more (without having to be on at a certain time for a particular raid), power pvp gamers can quickly get 1fg gank squad together and run through the MLs in record time. The only remaining problem would be scroll hunting - which hopefully the upcoming patch should help my altering the drop rate. I actually quite enjoy farming scrolls currently - I get a good sense of achievement when I finally get the one I'm after. However some of the "rare" scrolls are just far too rare - having to farm the same mobs for 48+ hours is just outragous.

Bellona

Banned
A game where there is no warlocks would be better, camlann is hell with so many fucktards running around emptying their champers, killing 2 buffed players, not just casters but any class and then die, rinse and repeat. the 30% dmg nerf wont stop the instant killing either :m00:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Bellona said:
A game where there is no warlocks would be better, camlann is hell with so many fucktards running around emptying their champers, killing 2 buffed players, not just casters but any class and then die, rinse and repeat. the 30% dmg nerf wont stop the instant killing either :m00:

called Dark Ages of Camelot: shrouded isles, patch 1.65 NO_Toa, NO_Nf, NO_Catacombs, just nerfed savages and bonedancers :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom