The nerfbat swings... and hits.... the theurgists

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh i'm wondering what the heck mythic is doing lately with class changes. The previous shaman, and now the theurgh changes, are, at minimum, lacking common sense.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Crom, you're a mod; maybe you could change the thread title to "Mincer Love Patch" as thats a more accuracte description of the changes.

I think ive got a appear impartial, weigh up the pros and cons, listen to the arguments and make a reasoned assessment of the evidence, use my experience and wisdom to evaluate all opinions ....

Theurgs are op and suk!

C

Carss

Theres a hell of a lot of evidence pointing to the fact that manisch is a moron though and it cannot be denied

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
I think ive got a appear impartial, weigh up the pros and cons, listen to the arguments and make a reasoned assessment of the evidence, use my experience and wisdom to evaluate all opinions ....

Theurgs are op and suk!

Care to share your thoughts about hib caster baseline stun? :p

Impartially ofc :)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Theres a hell of a lot of evidence pointing to the fact that manisch is a moron though and it cannot be denied

Gah, stop with the random insults. I know you two dont get on, but you arnt so dissimiliar.

Now you just have to work out who should be more insulted by that. :cheers:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Bonedancers have been nerfed down to baseline nuke, baseline root, a low level ae snare, low level lifetap plus pets......

It isnt hard to take out those pets at the start of the fight and you must have a really shit group if you cant take down 1 pet, taking out thuerg pets is a whole different story due to the fact that each pet can be targetted at a specific player to interupt them, cant be mezzed and are melee and ranged aswell as being able to chain snare and stun without giving immunity whereas bd pets are completely random with regards to who they attack or which spell they use.

The fact that with animists and bonedancers they took the route of NERF IT TO HELL because of albion whines then give it some minor love a few patches later. With an albion class its the softly softly bullshit approach to stop all the easymoder kids canceling thier subs (the same ones that whined heavily on bds and animists)

I dont value you opinion at all because you talk all this bullshit about knowing how to play on FH, i dont think anyone falls for it because your an utter shit player that has only played albion so you have no experience playing against it so you cant comment.

Cry more. Just get in line with those yanks.

C

Carss

Gah, stop with the random insults. I know you two dont get on, but you arnt so dissimiliar.

Now you just have to work out who should be more insulted by that. :cheers:

Manisch doesnt get on well with anyone, just random insults to anyone and everyone tbh.

and tbh you should be banned for that insult, worst ive ever seen on FH

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Care to share your thoughts about hib caster baseline stun? :p

Impartially ofc :)

I play hib, and I can impartially admit it is a very useful tool.
In all honesty, we are kind of stuck with it, as to remove baseline stun from hib casters would require a complete rebalancing of all realm casters, as they would be left with very very poor utility with the exception of the eldie. And that rebalance aint gonna happen. Still it aint an issue 8v8, and 1v1 its much less an iwin than it used to be.

God I cant believe ive been drawn into a baseline stun discussion.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Manisch doesnt get on well with anyone, just random insults to anyone and everyone tbh.

and tbh you should be banned for that insult, worst ive ever seen on FH

Well unlike you I have my own opinion based on a second thought and not some "OLOL not nerfbat but boost shit theurgs lol"-yadayada.

Not long ago you couldn't get the Theurgist's pet spell range right, now suddenly you've become an expert on the overpowerdness of Theurgists.

C

Carss

I'd heard from a normally reliable source that spell range didnt affect pets but whatever, if you think thuergs are all fine and dandy you can think that, but no one here agrees with you, even on the thuerg boards they are admitting they got off very lightly. Have fun posting you useless crap,

I still cant get over how crap you are from your video, and thats the stuff you CHOSE to put in a video god knows what your bad fights are like hahahaha.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I'd heard from a normally reliable source that spell range didnt affect pets but whatever, if you think thuergs are all fine and dandy you can think that, but no one here agrees with you, even on the thuerg boards they are admitting they got off very lightly. Have fun posting you useless crap,

I still cant get over how crap you are from your video, and thats the stuff you CHOSE to put in a video god knows what your bad fights are like
hahahaha.

Reliable source my ass. Check it yourself next time.

IGN boards are hardly representative, there is just a handful of posters there with clue about basic things. The cries for a Theurg nerf have been going on for months there with the same pathetic (no-)argumentation like you provide it.

But maybe you can explain to me why a Hib/Mid group in an up to date setup isn't able to shut down a Theurg. No, you can't. Hence you're trolling.

Funny that you're mentioning that video again, if you're enjoying it so much you can send me a burned copy, I will sign it for you and send it back, then you can hang it on a wall or so.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
somehow... i started ... this...
brite really eats bait out of ur hand :wij: he bites even :eek6:
manish and crom... are they glue'd to eachother? :cool:

and on topic, as i said in my start, pve-nerf only

C

Carss

Reliable source my ass. Check it yourself next time.

IGN boards are hardly representative, there is just a handful of posters there with clue about basic things. The cries for a Theurg nerf have been going on for months there with the same pathetic (no-)argumentation like you provide it.

But maybe you can explain to me why a Hib/Mid group in an up to date setup isn't able to shut down a Theurg. No, you can't. Hence you're trolling.

Funny that you're mentioning that video again, if you're enjoying it so much you can send me a burned copy, I will sign it for you and send it back, then you can hang it on a wall or so.

You have never played against a thuerg or played in any competative FG vs FG RvR group, so how the hell do you think you can comment?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
You have never played against a thuerg or played in any competative FG vs FG RvR group, so how the hell do you think you can comment?

I played a Theurg myself, Euinar's for a few runs and rolled one too. In RvR and PvE.

I used to play with Thowen from time to time and also with Zags and both of them are nice players and good Theurgs. So I got an idea about the strengths and weaknesses.

The reason you can't direct all your trolling to /dev/null is what again?

I am not sure why can't write competitive right while claiming to be on the higher level, surely you missed some school or the ability to install spell checker for forum whoring while you played DAoC so much (to become so good)? :p

Cloudz

Fledgling Freddie
Brite there was a time when people felt this strongly over a bonedancer :D

if not more...

But yeah theurgs are pretty overpowered. great fun to play to

Littles

Loyal Freddie
Any class that can shut down the whole of the enemys support(even if they are spread) is way overpowered, add to the fact that this can be done from 2420 range is just stupid. Pets can be killed yes, and so can the theurgist but against a good theurgist with a good Bger (fortunantly not to many) it sometimes feels like all your doing is trying to kill pets while they kill you.

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
oooo a nerf....yeah well if a thuerg is able to cast 16 pets in one fight and not get touched then you deserve to die :twak: and about the RR5...our fault we have it? :( yes I personally think that the RA is a silly one :p ...you think that makes me take it of my QB though?

Laws

Fledgling Freddie
Most casters that are left alone to cast 16 spells at an enemy should be deadly, when was he last time a caster cast 16 spells at you and you survived??

I really dont see the reasoning in nerfing thuergists, they are not as OPe as some of the BS in the game and have been pretty much the same beast for a fair few years now. Its was only after the Animist nerf that people have started to whine.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
heh, was that a nerf? :)

limit to 8 pets at same time and limit total theurgpets in same area to 24 and it would be a more proper "nerf"..

oh and kill that silleh rr5, at least make it resistable or purgable or whatever :p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
heh, was that a nerf? :)

limit to 8 pets at same time and limit total theurgpets in same area to 24 and it would be a more proper "nerf"..

oh and kill that silleh rr5, at least make it resistable or purgable or whatever :p

and make it stop resetting stunimmunity :(

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Most casters that are left alone to cast 16 spells at an enemy should be deadly, when was he last time a caster cast 16 spells at you and you survived??

The point is they are much much more likely to get those casts off because of the daft range.

Most groups only have 1 nearsighter in it, that nearsighter is generally pretty high up on the enemy list (eldie/runie) and is often the first to go down, or at least have the primary interupt enemy class stuck to it (tic, reaver etc) hence any decent theurg should be getting pets off, as much as they wish, if they are good at positioning and have a decent group that removes pets or cc's enemies on that char. To be frank all they need to do is have a bit of battlefield awareness and they really should be causing pretty serious problems for the enemy - how effective they can be is self evident, because they are top of the first kill list of any enemy. Also a good theurg can be clever and not start spamming a load of pets straight away, get some nukes off, get in the right position and bam, enemy support is petted out the fight. And it only takes a few critical seconds for a battle to be turned.

Its a question of counter options, and the counter options for a decent theurg are small, compared to the counter options of other 1500 range casters which are larger.

Surely you can see that.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
cant think of any casters outside albion that can have devastating effects with one quickcast either (theurg/sorc)

fucking funny to read all the arguments people come up with to defend theurgs. shows a massive lack of experience in playing against them ;)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
cant think of any casters outside albion that can have devastating effects with one quickcast either (theurg/sorc)

fucking funny to read all the arguments people come up with to defend theurgs. shows a massive lack of experience in playing against them ;)

Just watch your own videos of how you deal with Theurgs and pets and stop crying.

The class is strong, but so are others.

Can give the same hundred "it's OP"-arguments to almost any class.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Just watch your own videos of how you deal with Theurgs and pets and stop crying.

The class is strong, but so are others.

Can give the same hundred "it's OP"-arguments to almost any class.

They needed a bit of a nerf, this isnt it. End of story for me. You could make seperate arguments for other classes being overpowered but that isnt justification for the theurg also being overpowered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom