The nerfbat swings... and hits.... the theurgists

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Theurgist
- Theurgists have had a cap placed on the total number of pets they can have out at a time. A theurgist is now only allowed 16 active pets, of any type, at a time.

doesnt change much in fg fights i guess but ridiculous spam on gates and in pve are nerfed a bit now

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
About bloody time :)

though as you say it wont make a huge difference in 8v8

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I'd say the Theurgists succesfully evaded that nerfbat. It's a glancing hit at best - 16 pet limit is not exactly easy to hit (that's more than a full bar of mana worth of pets), and the new spells are pure love.

Nerf, lol. ;P

C

Carss

i think you will find it swung and missed, this is a bullshit nerf that should of been equal to the animist nerf or reduced how long the pets last. Albion bias devs for you, they gave them love instead of a nerf now with new spec single target and area of effect nuke.

Thing is if you dont include the pets at all the usual thuerg spec is fucking powerful enough as it is

Speed
AoE Mezz
AoE Root
RR5
Spec Nuke
Haste
Damage Add

Good job all the thuergs playing atm are shit insta rr5 bots, hasnt been a good thuerg since Pbuck quit.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Good job all the thuergs playing atm are shit insta rr5 bots, hasnt been a good thuerg since Pbuck quit.
true, never seen a decent one myself in ages
rr5 and leeching is the most i see em do

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
i think you will find it swung and missed, this is a bullshit nerf that should of been equal to the animist nerf or reduced how long the pets last. Albion bias devs for you, they gave them love instead of a nerf now with new spec single target and area of effect nuke.

Thing is if you dont include the pets at all the usual thuerg spec is fucking powerful enough as it is

Speed
AoE Mezz
AoE Root
RR5
Spec Nuke
Haste
Damage Add

Clueless as always.

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah, a matter damage nuke sounds terrible, poor theurgs. :( Why is it always the underpowered classes that gets nerfed!? :(

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Not played one beyond low 20s so not sure how this so-called nerf affects them but on the outside looking in it doesn't seem like much.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
seems like a good set of new stuff to me tbh.

a cap on 16 pets... fair enough after they capped shrooms

nukes in earth line ... good, imho, now all 3 theurg specs are valid choices imho.

i would have thought that they would just copy the ice snare nuke to earth spec, just like they did with wizards, but hey, this looks good.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
I was praying for the same also, why the range on pets is 2200 is beyond me. I really dont think mythic actually think about this class.

Aye bolt range at least. Or the range at which someone can send a pet to engage an enemy.

One of the worst things is that they can be untargetable for seconds as they spam pets out, that is never acceptable - give last attacker key an option to pick the pet or the pet master.

C

Carss

Aye bolt range at least. Or the range at which someone can send a pet to engage an enemy.

One of the worst things is that they can be untargetable for seconds as they spam pets out, that is never acceptable - give last attacker key an option to pick the pet or the pet master.

I think i read somthing about making them smaller which is a step in the right direction, although the so called "nerf" is a joke

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I think i read somthing about making them smaller which is a step in the right direction, although the so called "nerf" is a joke

the nerf will probably have a bigger impact on pve and gates than on openfield, true.

insie\

Banned
this is a pure example of the bad community-dev relationship, theurgs needed a nerf since day one really, insane for solo, perfect for group.

if the nerf bat was to hit theurgs it should come in the form of 1500 or less pet range, and maybe a higher power cost for pets, considering with a greater power myth theurgs can just pet spam and nuke til their hearts are content :)

Guess Tag will pet spam forever because I can't see this being solved prior to DAoC's downfall.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
this is a pure example of the bad community-dev relationship, theurgs needed a nerf since day one really, insane for solo, perfect for group.

if the nerf bat was to hit theurgs it should come in the form of 1500 or less pet range, and maybe a higher power cost for pets, considering with a greater power myth theurgs can just pet spam and nuke til their hearts are content :)

Guess Tag will pet spam forever because I can't see this being solved prior to DAoC's downfall.

Since day 1? :p
1.68 and below they were below par as a class. Before that time, no mids really had a right to whine anyway what with savages/zerks/healers etc how they were in turn ;)

After this time, they started to rise up the ranks a bit. Currently, yes, they're too powerful, should really be limited down to 10 pets in my opinion.
Just thought I'd be pedantic for a change :D

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Ehm m8.. Theurgs are pretty OP

Needed in most alb grps, so care to explain why Brite is being 'clueless'? :D

Just read his garbage again. Seen plenty decent Theurgs on Dyvet.

By the definition of the whiners everything that is being whined on is OP.

Plenty of tools to shut a Theurg and the pets down in both enemy realms. Why should one listen to gimped whining Yanks that think that Thanes and Valks are still shit for FG RvR?

Any caster casting freely for a longer time is devastating.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
It looks pretty convincing to me. Care to explain why clueless? Or you doing your usual responding to the poster rather than the post?

Usual responding? Not my fault you are getting convinced so easily.

"you, they gave them love instead of a nerf now with new spec single target and area of effect nuke."

So what? Matter is becoming more common through all realms. 49 Earth for 179 spec nuke means no proper Ice/Air pets, no proper Ice snare nuke, no better delved Spirit nuke. It's more of a PvE bonus for all the Earth Therugs to offset the pet count nerf, which is again mostly PVE related.

But if you want to have Earth Theurgs nerfed so badly, 16 pets in PvE and no DD, oh well, keep crying for it. Kinda pointless.

"Thing is if you dont include the pets at all the usual thuerg spec is fucking powerful enough as it is

Speed
AoE Mezz
AoE Root
RR5
Spec Nuke
Haste
Damage Add"

Ah, now the Theurg is also overpowered without the pets. Fear the hasted/damage added aoe mezzing and rooting Theurgs staffing down their opponents.

AoE mezz and AoE root are both in different spec lines, the mezz has a short duration. Anyway, each opted group has same form of CC/haste/DA, why should a Theurg spam mezz and root anyway if he can use pets? The mezz gives basicly free immunityy and the root gives immunity to snare which is much more important than rooting.

You mezz or root when the Sorc is afk or if many enemies are stacked together, that shouldn't happen.

"Good job all the thuergs playing atm are shit insta rr5 bots, hasnt been a good thuerg since Pbuck quit."

Can you say troll?

The nerfbat is pointless, why make ToA and stuff all easier, just to make it harder again?

The range of the pets that has been mentioned - there is Amnesia and Nearsight to counter it.

Still funny to see that someone playing a Caster with chain snaring pets complaings about Theurgs.

C

Carss

Bonedancers have been nerfed down to baseline nuke, baseline root, a low level ae snare, low level lifetap plus pets......

It isnt hard to take out those pets at the start of the fight and you must have a really shit group if you cant take down 1 pet, taking out thuerg pets is a whole different story due to the fact that each pet can be targetted at a specific player to interupt them, cant be mezzed and are melee and ranged aswell as being able to chain snare and stun without giving immunity whereas bd pets are completely random with regards to who they attack or which spell they use.

The fact that with animists and bonedancers they took the route of NERF IT TO HELL because of albion whines then give it some minor love a few patches later. With an albion class its the softly softly bullshit approach to stop all the easymoder kids canceling thier subs (the same ones that whined heavily on bds and animists)

I dont value you opinion at all because you talk all this bullshit about knowing how to play on FH, i dont think anyone falls for it because your an utter shit player that has only played albion so you have no experience playing against it so you cant comment.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

Aye, just saw Ess's post of the direct text. Thats good news at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom