The nerfbat swings... and hits.... the theurgists

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
got plenty of moc thurg groups on US :p

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
Good theurgs dont need MoC.

Never saw the point of it myself....this is not a nerf...oh noes my DD damage going down? no? oh well...ok my cast spd going down?..no? tbh I have never used 16 pets in a fight, maybe you will in a long fight but by that time you could easy change area zones. Will see but does it matter when theres like maybe 4/5 thuergs maybe less in 8v8 fights....so they nerfing the thuergs that are grps...

we'll find a way just ou watch!!!! :m00:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
its more of a pve nerf then an RvR nerf to be honest, I rarely got more then 6 or 7 pets out at a time on anything but doors and towers.
Less if you stop to use ml9 on one.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
So noobs fuck up their role of interrupting with pets because they want to charge in and mocloltap so the other group wins or? :S

Cos then it'd be super easymode, wouldn't need to debuff 2 damage types in an alb caster group :p plus moc loltap is shizzle

islef

Loyal Freddie
when i played bm or rm i always wanted a theurg cause they were such a fooking pain in the arse, on bm you got your whole grp shouting for you to LOCK DOWN THE FACKING THEURG MAJT!!!11 but since he is standing at clip range with his cabby friend on the flank it is not rly possible. If anything they should nerf the range. But since i just rerolled and got myself a theurg id say the "nerf" is very balanced :p
If a grp lets me whip out 16 pets i really dont think i would, i would use my time nuking spirit debuffed tanks that dont rupt me anyway ;)

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
I alternate between pets/rooting and assist nukeing/killing of pets...its only a nerf for thuergs who stand in one spots and holds the pet button down :m00:

Farhach

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
seems like a good set of new stuff to me tbh.

a cap on 16 pets... fair enough after they capped shrooms

Good. Now i will just wait for them to bring it down to 5 then :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
After the range nerf, some random Maelstrom BD called Brite QQ'ing on the VN Boards:

"Stop whineing like your class is now dead, your class is still decent compared to the likes of a bonedancer or animist and will still command a group spot."

Roflmao.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
After the range nerf, some random Maelstrom BD called Brite QQ'ing on the VN Boards:

"Stop whineing like your class is now dead, your class is still decent compared to the likes of a bonedancer or animist and will still command a group spot."

Roflmao.

Was I still the only one who thought theurgs needed to get nerfed more?

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
One, you're just one among the plenty "thinking" wieners.

Yeah, and now I´ll whine that they nerf the pets to 5 like animists, while you can keep claiming that theurgs were fine and needed none of the nerfs but all the love.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Yeah, and now I´ll whine that they nerf the pets to 5 like animists, while you can keep claiming that theurgs were fine and needed none of the nerfs but all the love.

All I can say is: cry more for nerfs, while playing SM in Instainterruptgard. I want to see your whine when every nerfed Theurg rolls a Rejv Heretic.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
All I can say is: cry more for nerfs, while playing SM in Instainterruptgard. I want to see your whine when every nerfed Theurg rolls a Rejv Heretic.

I played chanter and cabby too, both were fun. How is your grp in Instainterruptgard doing? Must be rr10+ now playing easymode?

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH

Yes because a group with reaver, minstrel and merc doesnt have insta interrupt? :)) Not to mention the extra pets.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
nerfing to 5 pets is too much really, as pets remain alive after the person dies for some time, also the rr5 spawns some pets as well. They dont balance classes according to 8v8 rvr in which maybe 5 pets is enough with some skill ( I have no idea since i never played a theurg in 8v8), but for open field warfare and general skirmishes 5 pets certainly isnt enough, more logical would be 12 + the ones that rr5 spawns dont count as pets.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:

Still can't see that pets that change targets and can be cast before the enemy even shows up are slightly different to those that only attack one person and need to be cast while they are "in range" eh?

The range needed nerfing and that's happened. It should now be easy enough to stop a theurg casting 8 zillion pets. You can't do the same with an animist since they are in a bridge out of sight while spamming shrooms.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Still can't see that pets that change targets and can be cast before the enemy even shows up are slightly different to those that only attack one person and need to be cast while they are "in range" eh?

The range needed nerfing and that's happened. It should now be easy enough to stop a theurg casting 8 zillion pets. You can't do the same with an animist since they are in a bridge out of sight while spamming shrooms.

Yeah, I also see the difference on stationary pets and pets that follow you, and the difference between pets that can be mezzed and those that cant, and also pets that you can attack whoever you want with, and those that attack random targets. But you "forgot" those advantages on the theurg pets didnt you?

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
they should make theurgs so that they can cast a maximum of 5 pets of each type .. so you have to plan yer spam alittle ..

Amanita

Part of the furniture
imo its not such a bad nerf for theurgists. The earth line just got some interesting new nukes (more matter nukes anyone?) and the pets are still at bolt range. The 16 pet limit is just comedy considering how hard animists were hit and will still have the interrupting ability my druid, bard and pac healer have nightmares about. It'll sure make theurgists work a little harder for their bread but only 125 units harder :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
manisch is entertainment !
i like to think that manisch was one of the people whining about shrooms in pve as well, would fit his personality description really well...

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
Yeah, I also see the difference on stationary pets and pets that follow you, and the difference between pets that can be mezzed and those that cant, and also pets that you can attack whoever you want with, and those that attack random targets. But you "forgot" those advantages on the theurg pets didnt you?

I didn't "forget" any of the advantages. As you so kindly pointed out the 2 classes are different, so simply saying "animists got 5 pets and therefore so should theurgs" is stupid.

Should theurgs have lower pet numbers: dunno
Should they have 5 pets purely cos that's what animists have: no

No theurg has ever insta killed anyone walking round a corner with a pet which is the true reason animists got nerfed as hard as they did.. or do I have to remind you just the once more that mythic doesn't balance this game purely around you and your FG crowd. Maybe if you accepted that there was more than 1 RvR style for just the 2 seconds you might be able to enter into a decent game balance conversation, but I won't hold my breath.

I do think there were better ways they could of dealt with the issues with animists. Gutting the theurg in revenge is not one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom