The "My console is better than yours!" thread™ mkII

I <name> do swear that I am a fanboy for...

• Microsoft

Votes: 155 45.1%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 131 38.1%
  • Sony

Votes: 118 34.3%

• Total voters

MrChumble

Fledgling Freddie
Super Metroid was awesome, even when you finished it there was days of play left trying to find all the the secret bits and power-ups.

That and F-Zero...months of my life wasted trying to shave seconds off my Big Blue time.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Panda On Smack said:
init

or Super Metroid, that was the best game ever
Agreed.

<-- ;)

I rebought a Snes from eBay specifically to play Super Metroid in it's original form, even though I have it, and hundreds of other Snes games in Emu form - spent £40 getting both the Snes and SM, well worth it.

Nothing beats the original.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
BTW on the main subject:
On technical capabilities: xbox > ngc > ps2.
On game sales (typical): ps2 > xbox > ngc.

PS2 does well cos it's "cool" and everyone has one. Xbox does alright because it's the most capable console and the only one with a decent online function (so far). NGC kinda gets left out in the cold. :(

My personal preference is xbox, because it has XBMC. :p

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Danya said:
BTW on the main subject:
On technical capabilities: xbox > ngc > ps2.
On game sales (typical): ps2 > xbox > ngc.

I think we can take from that that Game sales are in no way related to the technical specifications of the console. The sooner the "harhar my Xbox r teh moer powerful than ur PS2" crazyness stops the better. Console are used to play games, not dribble over the tech specs. If you want to do that just buy a new PC ffs.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Game sales are in no way related to merits of the games either in most cases, so you can stop the "PS2 has the best games!" craziness as well. ;)

Bodhi

That's the thing though. If you go by IGN/Gamespot etc ratings, it DOES have the best games, with more games scoring over 8/10 or more than GC and Xbox combined (I've seen someone on another forum with far more time on their hands than me tot them all up). Granted there are probably more shit games out for PS2 aswell, but there's a simple answer to this. Stop buying shit games. I have a PS2 with over 40 games, and the only shit one is XG3. I couldn't say the same if I'd bought an Xbox. Hence the PS2 has better games.

So kindly shut your arse and give your mouth a chance to do the talking.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
That's the thing about calling things "good" games. It's subjective. If you happen to be an IGN/Gamespot drone, their reviews work fine as a benchmark. For the rest of us they only fit some of the time. I've played (what I consider) good games that got panned by IGN. I've also seen utter crap get glowing reviews and high scores. Not to mention publishers buying off reviewers.

PS2 has more popular games, but popularity is more about hype and marketing than quality these days.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
This thread's gone all screwy it keeps shwoing Danya's post as being made today but it's quite clearly not.

Anyway, rather than post in the hope of fixing that bug I thought I'd comment. :)

I've loved my PS2 from the moment I got it. I've fitted it with a hard drive and have been able to rip my games onto the HDD so they load way quicker.

The ps2 is current King for me! :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's cos it's on "bump with every vote on the poll" something which I can't undo. Keeps the thread up there though :D

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
PCs crash more, cost more, have fewer games... yeah I can see the massive bonus. :p
PCs have fewer games? Well, I think there is no use of any discussion. I have my opinion and know exactly why. You have yours, in my eyes desillusion. Have fun :p

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Console market = 80% of games market, PCs are the other 20. You work out which will have more games.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Fewer games my arse!

How the hell did u come that conclusion.

Also Really PC's cost around the same as Consoles, u really need to update the machine every 3-4yrs and then its only a bit of RAM or Graphics card which brings the cost to £250 for the really High spec cards, but u can get away with a lite version for around £130, so in the long run they are cheaper than consoles (and i know they are cheap to begin with £350 or so). also the games are so much cheaper, some places sell them at a clear £10 or £20 cheaper then there console counterparts.

and as for crashing, all depends on your set-up my PC hasn't crashed at all (touch wood) for at least 4 months and even when it did it was because I was testing my friends program he was making for his degree, which was missing some code.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Consoles you buy them, they work. When did you last have to upgrade a driver for your games console? Or reformat it cos windows got in a mess? Or got a virus on your console? Or had to wait 30 mins while a game installed?

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
When did you develop a software with a console? When did you edit video or audio with a console? When did you designed something with a console? When did you do some mathematical computations with a console? And finally, do you think difficult complex games could be made on a console?

bah

Not mentioning your mostly primitive console games are all created on a PC.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
I have a PC for work, I have a console for games. Use the right tool for the right job. Just because you can use a PC for games doesn't mean it's the best solution.

And of course games for consoles are made on a PC, consoles are for playing games, not work. ;)

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
If what you say was all right, how do you explain that all the newest development of hardware is FIRST for PC and then for console (if done for console at all)? 3D cards with uber performance etc... it's definitely not ment for office PCs

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Um because pcs make a good place to develop new hardware for? Not like you can upgrade consoles.

Bodhi

Honza said:
When did you develop a software with a console? When did you edit video or audio with a console? When did you designed something with a console? When did you do some mathematical computations with a console? And finally, do you think difficult complex games could be made on a console?

bah

Not mentioning your mostly primitive console games are all created on a PC.

silence lamer. you are clearly talking out of your arse.

Bodhi

Honza said:
At least I can stay in polite way, not like someone :p

You can fuck off if you think I give two shits about being polite on a message board.

Scratch the on a message board. Politeness is for girly shirt lifting queers.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
GC = resi evil and zelda
ps2 = dmc series
xbox = halo kotor conflict desert storm a few others. oh new Conker game. fkin excellent.
pc = about 50 games i cant be botherd to list. from quake and KKND to half life 2 and WH40k Dawn of War.
all i will say is this. pc > any console for FPS or RTS and has mmorpg, also better for space sims imo.

thats wht i play on mine. all good in their own way. i buy games that interest me and not that many do. consoles for me are mainly sports games racing games. which im not much interested in.
none of the new upcoming consoles interest me much. i will always be a PC fanboy.

VultureGirl

Banned
DIE DS:

kaboom.jpg

Heh... I thought I'd make this war more literal. It'd be no fun if other people didn't have the same ammo, though. I used a site where you can shoot other sites using weapons from Coded Arms (for PSP):
http://www.konami.com/gs/officialsi...nge.php?loc=www.google.com&range=pistol_range

CrystalFist

Fledgling Freddie
Playstation had Finalfantasy VII and that and the rest of the FF games work for PS2 too! So Sony wins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom