The "My console is better than yours!" thread™ mkII

I <name> do swear that I am a fanboy for...

• Microsoft

Votes: 155 45.1%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 131 38.1%
  • Sony

Votes: 118 34.3%

• Total voters

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
PLightstar said:
My Xbox looks sweet, I bought a Blue Metallic Chrome top for it, thats fits over the top so it dosen't void the warrenty.

There's a phrase that comes to mind involving polishing turds.

Oh and I'll no doubt get the Home Server PS3. The games are guaranteed - I can't see Sony's crew of developers jumping ship between these two releases, with the lead PS2 has and Xbox's complete inability to do anything about it - and all versions of PS3 play the same game. Xbox 2 is going to have to do all that PS3 does and perform some kind of fellatio to get close imo.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Even though I like the Xbox, I don't like the way the Xbox 2 is turning out, I may move away from Consoles again until one comes along and sparks my interest.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I can't edit it :(

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Nibbler said:
I demand a Sega option to be added to this poll!

Why?

They only make Arcade Hardware & not home.

Otherwise you would have to make a poll for the rest of the Arcade manufactures like Namco etc...

babs

Can't get enough of FH
But they did, and very good hardware it was too (not including the Megadrive sound chip ;)). Dreamcasts are still being sold in Japan (albeit refurbished) and new software is still being released on it. Qualifies it if you ask me.

Chasm

Loyal Freddie
I bought a psx when on its day of release, thought it was brill especially ridge racer at the time. I bought a ps2 on day of release and though the launch games were'nt as good but it was still a nice system.

Then i got an xbox when splinter cell was released for it and i've never looked back, i love the fact theres an in built hd, most of the games come in 5.1 dolby digital that alone sealed it for me.

Yes there are shit games on both machines but the performance on games especially on toca race driver compared to the ps2 is very noticable graphically and speed wise.

anyways pc > consoles so :worthy:

Starman

Part of the furniture
Nether - I refuse to vote! But one thing I am definitely not is a Sony fanboy!

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Starman said:
Nether - I refuse to vote! But one thing I am definitely not is a Sony fanboy!

Well you bloody well should be!

Take a look at metacritic, and i'll show statistically why "Ze PS2 iz ze ulltimadt".

Xbox games scores on average.

Gamecube games scores on average.

PS2 games scores on average.

By clicking those links, you'd find that on average, the PS2 comes up trumps.

I'll summarize:

Xbox has 1 game scored at 97, as does the GC. PS2 has 2 ultra good titles.

Xbox has 22 titles rated over 90 on average, as does the GC. Not suprisingly, the PS2 has a wholesome 41.

This is where the men get seperated from the boys however;

Xbox has 181 titles rated 75 and over, where 74 equates to mediocrity. The GC has a weak 126 rated at 75 and over. Again the PS2 now stretches its lead to a clear mile, as it has 301 titles rated at 75 and over.

Though perhaps someone could count all the multiplatform games and exclude them, as this evidence is somewhat void with them in. /:(\

All that said however, i still want a GC for:Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles,
Metroid Prime,
Metroid Prime 2,
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker,
Legend of Zelda: (THE NU 1oneoneone!!”),
MGS: Twin Snakes

nath

Fledgling Freddie
The ps2 has been out that much longer though.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
OK, but look how many titles the PS2 has upcoming, which are unlikely to disappoint:

Final Fantasy XI + Hard Drive
Final Fantasy XII
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kingdom Hearts 2
Street Racing Syndicate
Midnight Club 3
Onimusha 3
Devil may Cry 3
Need For Speed: Underground 2
Killzone (Looking like it's going to be something special)
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow / 3
Pro Evo 4
Smackdown VS. Raw
Front Mission 4 (Won't disappoint me, anyway :p)
Gran Turismo 4
GTA: San Andreas
Burnout 3
Juiced
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Tekken 5

The PS2 may have started the fight, but it's likely it'll end it, too. :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Couldn't help but notice a lot of all formats there, and one xbox semi exclusive (for a short time anyway).

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Sry Frizz but that metacritic system is a load of rubbish, a game needs five reviews, whats up with that, anyway different reviewers usually have diff ratings for games, but people usually stick with a certain reviewer becuase there idea of 'good' games are the same. For example I find the reviews in PC Gamer to good light-hearted and pretty accurate, but I my mate thinks the reviewers in PC Gamer don't the the diff between their arses and face's. He prefer's PC Format even though they are published by the same company and have some of the same reviewers.

What im trying to say is reviews mean nothing, only seeing things first hand can only be the true way for ONE person to define a 'good' game.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Final Fantasy XI + Hard Drive (crap)
Final Fantasy XII (repetive trash)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (crap)
Kingdom Hearts 2 (okay)
Street Racing Syndicate (crap)
Midnight Club 3 (get it on any other system)
Onimusha 3 (to boring)
Devil may Cry 3 (great game)
Need For Speed: Underground 2 (good game)
Killzone (Looking like it's going to be something special) (no comment)
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow / 3 (better on PC/Xbox)
Pro Evo 4 (should be good)
Smackdown VS. Raw (terriable)
Front Mission 4 (Won't disappoint me, anyway :p) (?)
Gran Turismo 4 (not as fun as PGR 2)
GTA: San Andreas (one of the best games ever to be made, but be better on its home platform of the PC)
Burnout 3 (can't wait till Live play on xbox)
Juiced (no comment)
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (Vexx is the only plaftformer for me)
Tekken 5 (not a touch on Soul Blade series or DOA)

Few words for Xbox Owners:

FABLE (if it ever comes out)

HALO 2

HALF-LIFE 2

DOOM 3

SUDEKI

Dax

Fledgling Freddie
At the moment my PS2 is my most played console. Though for me there isn't much i'm excited about as far as upcoming releases are concerned.

I've not played my X-Box for a while but it'll be getting some serious playtime later in the year:

Fable
Sudeki
Halo 2

These are my most anticipated games at the moment.

I can't remember the last time I played my GC though any games I do get are absolute top quality games that demand to played.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
PLightstar said:
Few words for Xbox Owners:

I like how you've capitalised your games on the Xbox (In which only Halo 2 will be any good, as i'm next to certain Fable will bomb in much the same way Black and White did. Promising so much but delivering very little - it was interesting reading what IGN have to say about it actually), but i particularly like the nice reviews you've given on games which aren't out yet ('cept Pandora Tomoroow).

:/

As for reviews meaning nothing, did you notice that each game was given an average score by many reviewers. This gives the round score for a game and the general census for how good it is. If this score is high, then the game is infact good. Saying MGS 3, FFX II and the like are "crap" is so shortsighted, and in-fact somewhat a retarded claim, is complete bullshit.

I'd be especially interested to see how you'd prove the bottom game on those scoreboards is better than the top rated one.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
nath said:
Couldn't help but notice a lot of all formats there, and one xbox semi exclusive (for a short time anyway).

Yeah i know, but the fact is these games are coming out on the PS2 as well. This doesn't necessarily detract from the quality of the console, now does it.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Oh no no no, of course it doesn't. And I'd never say that the PS2 is a bad console, it's a great one - has some really fantastic games. My point was (if I actually had one, I don't remember) that many of those games there wouldn't count as reasons that the ps2 is better than the xbox. But anyway, I don't go in for the my console is better than yours garb, horses for courses.

So why the fuck am I posting in this thread? God only knows. :D

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
God its so easy to wind people up, I must be like a master of something.

Anyway, what I always say in these situations is no matter what some-one says, no matter what some-one does, it is very hard, almost impossible if you will to change someones mind about which console/game some-one likes. For example I love the Halo series, books included, so there is nothing anybody can do to change my mind, like there is nothing I can do to presuade you to change your opinon on the FF or MGS series.

I just take pleasure in knowing that im right.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
You're not actually, Halo is one of the most grossly overrated games ever made.

I honestly don't know what they were thinking when they decided to have the same room/corridor repeated about 10 times. Hey, that's fun!

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
nath said:
You're not actually, Halo is one of the most grossly overrated games ever made.

I honestly don't know what they were thinking when they decided to have the same room/corridor repeated about 10 times. Hey, that's fun!

Your're not listening..........

Eric Nyland is a great author nuff said.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I've never read the books. The game is crap.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
PLightstar said:
Your're not listening..........

Ignoring the comedy spelling mistake, does anyone else see the irony dripping off this statement?

Oh and Eric Nyland might well be a great author, but the games based on his books are boring repetitive shite. So him being a great author doesn't really help your case much.

P.S Good link Frizz, it's comforting to see where all the great games are at. Also good to know where all the best upcoming exclusives (Gran Turismo 4, Final Fantasy XI and XII, Tekken 5, Metal Gear 3) will be at aswell. Them, San Andreas and Getaway : Black Monday should keep me going til this time next year. The XWhatnow?

PPS Just noticed plightstar's review of all those games that aren't out yet. Comedy gold. And my my, aren't all of those Xbox games to look forwards to pretty much PC games or games by PC developers, hmmmm? Well Doom 3 and HL2 are definitely PC games, Fable is by Lionhead who made that jerkoff called Black and White, and Halo was a PC game until M$ started waving their $ around. So if you have a PC why buy an Xbox, hmmmm?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
LOL just read this thread cause I was bored. Bodhi may lick the shit from Sony's arse, but at least he doesnt argue that a good book makes the X-box a better console.

Jesus, get a grip Plightstar, its a console not a way of life.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
They are all good consoles in their own way :) Simple as that. Though games on ps2 > all. Gfx on ps2 < xbox, gc etc

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I've been playing the Gamecube and ps2 alot.

My Xbox is dusting away, only games i really did enjoy were Halo series and Kotor.

Just orded the new Metroid and Paper Mario 2, both look like fun, and i might get Call of Duty on ps2 to try it online, sick of Socom 2 now :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I would get COD on the PC if I were you from what I've played and heard the PC version Is far Better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom