The "My console is better than yours!" thread™ mkII

I <name> do swear that I am a fanboy for...

• Microsoft

Votes: 155 45.1%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 131 38.1%
  • Sony

Votes: 118 34.3%

• Total voters

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'm not knocking the fact that Nintendo keep churning out sequels to Mario games, I'm knocking the fact that most of the world moved on from the adventures of an Italian plumber 10 years ago at least. It just seems to be the Ninty faithful left :/

Oh and the "I buy all the consoles" isn't really the attitude to take on a My Console is better than yours thread. Jesus man get into the spirit of things will you?

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I was, just thought a small amount of sense may prove useful

Won't make the same mistake again.

Lumox

Fledgling Freddie
The Xbox is cleary the best console, as it's the one I bought.

The GC Interests me with it's exclusive games, but I'm probably too lazy to buy one.

The PS2 only has one series of games that I'm interested in and that's GT, but I'm not buying one just for that.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
I was lucky enough to get an xbox for 46 squid with 7 games and a dvd kit, so im currently playing through splinter cell..and loving it, sadly I am a nintendo fanboy so will buy any tripe that they produce! especially zelda games!

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
i like xbox for its graphics and decent games, but my heart sits with sony, because im a RPG whore :(, any game i play for a long time has to be a rpg, just love them, and sony has the ff's, and alot of others that are really good.

Bodhi

babs said:
I was, just thought a small amount of sense may prove useful

Won't make the same mistake again.
I wouldn't bother, the last time you tried talking sense you almost had me believing PES3 and WE7 were different games.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Healer McHeal said:
i like xbox for its graphics and decent games, but my heart sits with sony, because im a RPG whore :(, any game i play for a long time has to be a rpg, just love them, and sony has the ff's, and alot of others that are really good.

U should get Morrowind and SWKOTOR for the Xbox, they are western RPG's so the emphaise is on Freedom of choice.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I wouldn't bother, the last time you tried talking sense you almost had me believing PES3 and WE7 were different games.
Then the blah blah blah bit of your brain took over and you reverted back to your happy ignorant state ;)

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
I have access to all 3 consoles, GC and X-box being owned by me. Out of them i'd say the X-Box is my fav. Purely for certain titles like Project Gotham and original reason i got it Halo and upcoming Halo 2. Gamecube is superb purely because it's imaginative and inventive titles all the other companies seem to back away from because of unproved success on the market.

PS2 has never interested me as i see it purely as a simple console aimed mass market at the clubbers, twenty something townies and general people who don't have much of a clue or serious interest in games.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Bullitt said:
PS2 has never interested me as i see it purely as a simple console aimed mass market at the clubbers, twenty something townies and general people who don't have much of a clue or serious interest in games.

You couldn't be any more of a cock tbh.

I'm sure Bodhi will give a better argument than i, but really i can't be bothered, because such a statement is soooo close minded. :/

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
Well thats fair enough if you think that, its an opinion that isn't a 100% general tarring of everyone with a ps2. I'm merely proposing thats the audience that I believe they aimed it at over here.

I just get rather miffed at mass produced shite that seems to be flooding ps2 shelves in every single games store i wander into whilst unque, interesting and clever games that are attempting to push boundaries get little or no shelf life. This is killing the industry and putting out any spark of creativity (similar can be said for all entertainment industries).

All imhfo of course.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
But mass produced mainstream easy to make high profit crap is what's becoming the mainstay of the industry... EA own most of the industry and they didn't get there by spending years developing a superstar game... they churn out sports titles that outsell any other game... for example their Madden 2004 game sold like 1.4million copies so far... that's more than any other game ever I think. All they did was tweak it a bit from 2003... why bother spending years developing an ingenious game when you can add a few tweaks to a ready made game and make far more money.. ?

Some devs still make quality games but they are being bought up...

It's more about the money now... and consoles make more of it..

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Bullitt you're missing so much. xbox and gc have mass produced EA shite too, just not in the same volumes, but the really good stuff on PS2 more than makes up for it. Get hold of Amplitude & Frequency, karaoke revolution too (god i can't wait for singstar :)). Other than that it's my sole source of 2D fighters and shooters (not including DC). If you want half-way decent RPGs (not just one, maybe two) you don't have any options either. Anyone who doesn't play on a console because it's too mainstream/kiddy/absurdly big misses out on real gems.

Skyler, what do you mean by 1.4 million so far being the most? You mean the most to a certain date or in a certain timescale? It's pretty far from being the most sales ever :/

Quality won't be a problem while we have greats like Treasure, Nintendo, Sammy/Sega, Squenix etc. :)

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
I feel i need to clarify the point i was trying to make, i do play on the ps2 and it has some golden titles the same as any other console (and they also have shite). What i'm saying is i don't like Sony because whilst they aimed gaming at a mostly untapped market (the 20somethings) with the ps2 and brought it to a wider audience they also aimed it at a large number of braindead morons who would buy anything if it's marketed well.

Which is where sony did so amazing, find anyone with a slight interest in games and the majority will have a ps2 because its marketed to be 'cool and hip', not to do with the quality titles or better software than the others. This results in other companies following the example and hence mass produced crap floods the shelves. Strangling any creativity we KNOW companies are capable of.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
PLightstar said:
U should get Morrowind and SWKOTOR for the Xbox, they are western RPG's so the emphaise is on Freedom of choice.

compleated kotor, played morrowind, i still prefer the FF type rpgs tho, like you have with alot of the ps2 stuff, legend of legaia 2, etc, kotor just seemed too easy with just spamming flurry.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
GC games look nicer then their ps2 versions
GC and ps2 are both nice systems, and good games are out for both.
Xbox ? Its a cripled pc, get over it :flame:

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
sibanac said:
GC games look nicer then their ps2 versions
GC and ps2 are both nice systems, and good games are out for both.
Xbox ? Its a cripled pc, get over it :flame:
Nice arguement shame its about as strong as a 250ft skyscraper with jelly foundations.

I have a powerful PC and a Xbox and a PS2, even though PC is best for the types of games I play, Xbox is good for some good quality gaming the PS2 is now collecting dust.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
PLightstar said:
Nice arguement shame its about as strong as a 250ft skyscraper with jelly foundations.

I have a powerful PC and a Xbox and a PS2, even though PC is best for the types of games I play, Xbox is good for some good quality gaming the PS2 is now collecting dust.

hey, nobody ever said my points had to be fell founded :)

btw xbox is bad cause its an ugleh mofo, while my GC is easy to lug around to a friends place, and my ps2 looks nice beeing all slim black and has blue lights !

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Do you carry it by its dinky little plastic handle?

Why oh why is it there.

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
yeah i got all confused and stuffed a ham sandwich and a juice carton in the drive when i put it next to my lunchbox :(

Bodhi

PS2 is still greater than all. However I can tell already the full PlayStation 3 will be the best thing in the history of mankind.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
PS2 is still greater than all. However I can tell already the full PlayStation 3 will be the best thing in the history of mankind.

That heavily depends on the quality of the games released for it... that is after all the reason for buying a console and how you get the most enjoyment out of it.. I'm sure they will come up with a great deal of good sequels as they did with the PS2, at least a few will be worth buying... maybe even some new fresh games will appear again.. would be nice to see that for all areas of gaming not just on the PS3.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
But which version of the PS3 will you get?

The pure games one? The home media server one? Blu-ray or Broadband distribution?

I hope they dont diversify it too much, one of the reasons the first 2 were so successful was because Joe Shmuck could go out, buy a 'playstation' and plug it in. Don't want to confuse him now.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Bodhi said:
After me...

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
My Xbox looks sweet, I bought a Blue Metallic Chrome top for it, thats fits over the top so it dosen't void the warrenty.

Attachments

• 88_2.jpe
    88_2.jpe
    5.2 KB · Views: 42

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Heh i bought a white GC kit ages ago, nice and cheap and peels off easily

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Actually I gave me PS2 to my Dad, he bought Eyetoy and both Desert Combat games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom