The madness at Twitter since Elon Musk took control

Embattle

FH is my second home
It isn't possible for him to be one again, since he is always one.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Lol at this meltdown. Just read the comments from the blue tickers which are handily arranged at the top now.

View: https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1657056676963287046?s=61&t=iv1E1O7hVRuRm0TFdyUzyw

As far as I can tell she’s fairly right of centre but to the Q crowd she must be a far left witch because she was in the WEF which according to their legends is the new world order government that will imprison everyone and make them eat bugs. They’d probably like her if it wasn’t for their fan fiction.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He did an interview on an American network the other day (CBS iirc) and basically said he didn't give a shit if what he tweets affects the share price and he wasn't going to stop. I'm sure his new CEO (who has oodles of marketing experience and whose primary objective is to get advertisers back on board) is going to absolutely love that.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Running out of right-wing media dickheads to get blocked by.

Working on Laurence Fox atm, that's a gold achievement.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
lol, loads of people on twitter moaning about twitter, you mean?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The tinfoil hats are gathering
Well, apart from we don't know if they have these bioweapons, the rest of it is a reasonable call for cooperation in the face of existential threats.

We know the CIA and NSA are doing stuff against the US Constitution, that they've form for it - and that they're prepared to lie to congress (Snowden proved that, and they haven't changed).

So yeah, the only tin-foil bit is that we've got bioweapons ready to go that will target people based on race. But even if that's a load of bullshit, there's no way nobody is doing bioweapons research. Or that there's not a potentially existential threat from a number of different areas.

So "meh" is all I can say to that.

What I think will do for the human race (assuming not nuclear) is death by a thousand cuts. Environmental collapse, democratic and governmental failure, yadda yadda yadda. But maybe not, maybe some feedback loop will get hit that we can't deal with that does for us all very quickly. All interesting topics of conversation tho :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well, apart from we don't know if they have these bioweapons, the rest of it is a reasonable call for cooperation in the face of existential threats.

We know the CIA and NSA are doing stuff against the US Constitution, that they've form for it - and that they're prepared to lie to congress (Snowden proved that, and they haven't changed).

So yeah, the only tin-foil bit is that we've got bioweapons ready to go that will target people based on race. But even if that's a load of bullshit, there's no way nobody is doing bioweapons research. Or that there's not a potentially existential threat from a number of different areas.

So "meh" is all I can say to that.

What I think will do for the human race (assuming not nuclear) is death by a thousand cuts. Environmental collapse, democratic and governmental failure, yadda yadda yadda. But maybe not, maybe some feedback loop will get hit that we can't deal with that does for us all very quickly. All interesting topics of conversation tho :)
Biolabs in Ukraine making race-tergetting viruses is batshit insane Russian propaganda. Even without the race bit the idea that the US would place key, top secret, research in Ukraine, a country right next door to, and occasionally under the control of, and constantly infiltrated by, a key strategic rival, Russia, is laughable.

RFK Jr is a total crank. Antivaxx is just has latest thing. He's like your weird old uncle who gets all his news from Facebook groups called 'Pattriot's Trueths'.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Biolabs in Ukraine
Yeah, I clocked that. Total batshittery.

But most of the rest of it is reasonable discussion tbh.

I don't twatter - so I'm not following any of the rest of the shit he comes up with - but most of that video, apart from the early batshittery, is reasonable. And I'm of the opinion that we can't restrict discourse or discount ideas from people if they don't 100% follow the scientifically-approved line.

Maybe he's a twatter anti-vaxxer, but a really good champion for ethnic minority rights? Should the anti-vax bit of him be the defining hook for his entire personality? We should discount anything he says because of his anti-vax beliefs?

Are we going to discount anything any religious person says, ever?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, I clocked that. Total batshittery.

But most of the rest of it is reasonable discussion tbh.

I don't twatter - so I'm not following any of the rest of the shit he comes up with - but most of that video, apart from the early batshittery, is reasonable. And I'm of the opinion that we can't restrict discourse or discount ideas from people if they don't 100% follow the scientifically-approved line.

Maybe he's a twatter anti-vaxxer, but a really good champion for ethnic minority rights? Should the anti-vax bit of him be the defining hook for his entire personality? We should discount anything he says because of his anti-vax beliefs?

Are we going to discount anything any religious person says, ever?
Well I wouldn't discuss health policy with a Hare Krishna, no.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's inconvenient that racial IQ differences exist.

As a society we've decided that we should not discriminate on that basis. It can only go to very dark places (eugenics, "final solutions" etc) - so we're not going to do that. We've enough problems without trying to open that horrible pandora's box again.

And the fact that IQ exists on a bell curve is one of the things that makes discriminating on a racial basis incredibly unjust - because incredibly intelligent people from the "wrong" racial groups do exist. (And how far down that rabbit hole do we want to go? Women vs Men? There are less women at either end of the bell curve, less incredibly retarded women, less absolute geniuses, more retard blokes, more genius blokes).

The problem we have is that we've created such an incredibly strong taboo around even discussing IQ that it makes it for all practical purposes impossible for us to solve any problems that are related to it on a structural level.

And make no mistake - by far the biggest problem facing mankind is how fucking dumb we all are.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

As a society we've decided that we should not discriminate on that basis. It can only go to very dark places (eugenics, "final solutions" etc) - so we're not going to do that. We've enough problems without trying to open that horrible pandora's box again.

And the fact that IQ exists on a bell curve is one of the things that makes discriminating on a racial basis incredibly unjust - because incredibly intelligent people from the "wrong" racial groups do exist. (And how far down that rabbit hole do we want to go? Women vs Men? There are less women at either end of the bell curve, less incredibly retarded women, less absolute geniuses, more retard blokes, more genius blokes).

The problem we have is that we've created such an incredibly strong taboo around even discussing IQ that it makes it for all practical purposes impossible for us to solve any problems that are related to it on a structural level.

And make no mistake - by far the biggest problem facing mankind is how fucking dumb we all are.
The misplaced assumption here is that IQ measures innate intelligence, regardless of education and environment. It does not do that. Average IQ for all 'races' increases from one generation to the next as education and opportunity increases. To automatically treat it as 'blacks are just naturally more stupid' rather than a more nuanced analysis is where the racism comes in.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
And IQ tests just aren't that informative.

Your occasional reminder that I tested at 165 at uni which makes me a super-super-genius but I've never achieved anything remarkable.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I've got a sneaking hunch that what it really measures is 'ability to get correct answers on an IQ test'.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
It does and it doesn't. That is a very complex subject and as usual all nuance and anything approaching facts is lost is a single line statement. There was an excellent video covering all sides of the topic released recently:

View: https://youtu.be/FkKPsLxgpuY

Something new I learnt in that video is that the average IQ of Americans is 70 ... a hundred years ago. IQ Bell curves are not fixed.

And IQ tests just aren't that informative.
That is not true either. It correlates to a lot about what happens in someone's life; often though not to what you'd expect. @Scouse is right, and that video covers it, the topic has a lot of stigma about it but IQ can be a useful statistic.

ninja edit aimed at @DaGaffer. Despite what you might initially assume some things IQ does *not* correlate to are career success and income. So becoming a cowboy billionaire astronaut was unfortunately not your destiny.

Last edited:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I've got a sneaking hunch that what it really measures is 'ability to get correct answers on an IQ test'.

This. If IQ tests meant anything useful I'd be a cowboy billionaire astronaut by now.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you watch that video @DaGaffer it covers that IQ isn't a good correlator of net worth.

It's pretty fucking good at everything else, mind. Just not net worth.

Edit: @Zarjazz - mostly a pretty good video that. I was amused at the geeky guy at the end saying "IQ tests are better than teachers at identifying talented kids from poor or ethnic minority backgrounds who should go into talent programmes/better schools" and then, seconds later he calls his own view "extreme" because he's just advocated for IQ testing being a really good arbiter of segregation.

The guy must have a middling IQ ;)

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Edit: @Zarjazz - mostly a pretty good video that. I was amused at the geeky guy at the end saying "IQ tests are better than teachers at identifying talented kids from poor or ethnic minority backgrounds who should go into talent programmes/better schools" and then, seconds later he calls his own view "extreme" because he's just advocated for IQ testing being a really good arbiter of segregation.

The guy must have a middling IQ ;)

Yeah that would be a very politically charged 'extreme' policy, especially in the US where he is based, if someone publicly advocated for it. Logic and calm discussions would go out the window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom