The madness at Twitter since Elon Musk took control

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I stopped using Apple products years and years ago and won't buy them again but remember practically everything anyone buys around the world is made in China so why are you targetting Apple only in your rants?
The reason I'm picking specifically on Apple is because they've been found using forced labour in internment camps - actual slave labour. Not just "made in China" - actual slaves.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Now - you may have stopped (and well done) but lots of people haven't - and a lot of these people are the people screaming "fire" because of some largely inconsequential stuff going on in the sixteenth biggest social media platform because: Musk.

There's a massive hypocrisy in that - all of the coverage, for example, from the beeb and the Guardian. Daily following and huge criticism of Musk's every action and decision. Yet - all these screaming "creatives" massively skew towards Apple Macs and iPhones. Massively.

I don't see them doing the right thing - either ditching the products or, importantly, screaming on a daily basis about Apple using slave labour. And that's way more important than Musk's shithousery. Yet, who are they talking about (other than themselves or the slavers?).

We are talking about Twitter as this is the first time a billionaire has spent so much money on a company, made radical and stupid mistakes and is directly engaging with the customer base. It is a first.
This is a fair point. However, I'd also argue we're talking about twitter (and people are still tweeting about twitter) because lefties hate Musk.

Lots of good reasons to hate him. No reason to hound him on a daily basis. It's a left-leaning mob who disagree with his views, picking holes in every decision he makes, rather than looking at themselves and going "oh, we financially support actual slavery".

Not saying both criticisms can't exist. But there aint no hoo-ha about Apple.

I'm just trying to provide perspective.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Again - playing devil's advocate: Allowing direct criticism of you by big corporates? That's a win for free speech isn't it?

You say "I hate the king" in Thailand and you can be locked up for 15 years.

BTW - it'll be fun to see Musk step down. But 43% of people who voted still voted "stay on"... This is nothing more than entertainment.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Have to admit I'm struggling to find reasons to care about Twitter's leadership, or lack of it. It's useful to me for some things, but it can be just as cancerous as any other social media platform.

I listen to Musk purely because of SpaceX and what they're doing.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Have to admit I'm struggling to find reasons to care about Twitter's leadership, or lack of it. It's useful to me for some things, but it can be just as cancerous as any other social media platform.

I listen to Musk purely because of SpaceX and what they're doing.

I prefer to actually listen to the knowledgeable people at SpaceX rather than the PR man, something I've said many times about Musk on the majority of the things that people attribute to him.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I prefer to actually listen to the knowledgeable people at SpaceX rather than the PR man, something I've said many times about Musk on the majority of the things that people attribute to him.

There wouldn't be a SpaceX without Elon though...

There was actually a thing on the Beeb the other day about him, with former employees (some of which were bitter) but all of them said he knew about the technical aspect of stuff like Tesla/SpaceX, to suggest he doesn't have a clue is simply false.

I also think the brutal way that he's running Twitter reflects how he's running Tesla and SpaceX, probably how the public want private enterprise that relies on public money to be run...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

There was actually a thing on the Beeb the other day about him, with former employees (some of which were bitter) but all of them said he knew about the technical aspect of stuff like Tesla/SpaceX, to suggest he doesn't have a clue is simply false.

I also think the brutal way that he's running Twitter reflects how he's running Tesla and SpaceX, probably how the public want private enterprise that relies on public money to be run...

Saw him on some docudrama about the first humans on Mars, how they get there, how they set up. Came across as very knowledgable.

He is fucking useless at politics/social media, though.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I think it was "lines of code written", which is an even worse metric of performance.

Oh yeah, you're right. That's why their HR department got sacked, hardcore coders those guys.

DaGaffer

Saw him on some docudrama about the first humans on Mars, how they get there, how they set up. Came across as very knowledgable.

He is fucking useless at politics/social media, though.

I dunno, some of the maths on the Starship programme are very questionable for a ship that's supposed to get to Mars and back. It has half the internal volume of ISS and will have to accommodate a crew for 18 months? I suppose it's possible but the crew will be in rotten shape when they get there and even worse if they get back.

Starship looks great for getting big cargoes to the Moon, but Mars is a whole other thing.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I dunno, some of the maths on the Starship programme are very questionable for a ship that's supposed to get to Mars and back. It has half the internal volume of ISS and will have to accommodate a crew for 18 months? I suppose it's possible but the crew will be in rotten shape when they get there and even worse if they get back.

Starship looks great for getting big cargoes to the Moon, but Mars is a whole other thing.

This was the one, no idea where I saw it though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh yeah, you're right. That's why their HR department got sacked, hardcore coders those guys.
If it was up to me I'd sack all HR departments.

They're as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Embattle

FH is my second home

I didn't imply he knew nothing, I've said I just don't pretend like Elon fanboys that he is the genius behind everything....he has some highly skilled employees.

He is still a douche any way you slice it, he has proven it many times.

DaGaffer

I don't see this as a bad thing?

What would be good (although I'm not sure if already exists) is if that blue tick people were verified humans too.

Speciesist. Don't you know corporations are people too?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I've not been one of these 'hurr durr RIP twitter' guys, but this would be a risky change imo. I'm guessing in his head he's thinking "this will sell more blue ticks", but most of the people buying them are his sycophants, so they'll just agree with him on everything - which in turn will probably lead to people actually leaving.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've not been one of these 'hurr durr RIP twitter' guys, but this would be a risky change imo. I'm guessing in his head he's thinking "this will sell more blue ticks", but most of the people buying them are his sycophants, so they'll just agree with him on everything - which in turn will probably lead to people actually leaving.
I think it's as simple as he's a narcissist and assumed he'd do better in the "should I step down?" poll and some random user has given him what he sees as a bit of wiggle room to ignore the results. Not only that, he's been all over the place acknowledging theories about fraudulent votes etc. I'm surprised he hasn't started whining about mail-in ballots at this point.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I think it's as simple as he's a narcissist and assumed he'd do better in the "should I step down?" poll and some random user has given him what he sees as a bit of wiggle room to ignore the results. Not only that he's been all over the place acknowledging theories about fraudulent votes etc. I'm surprised he hasn't started whining about mail-in ballots at this point.
There'll be a press conference at Hilton's Garden Supplies any day now.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think it's as simple as he's a narcissist and assumed he'd do better in the "should I step down?" poll and some random user has given him what he sees as a bit of wiggle room to ignore the results. Not only that, he's been all over the place acknowledging theories about fraudulent votes etc. I'm surprised he hasn't started whining about mail-in ballots at this point.
I think he was always going to step down and announced the poll to make it look like he does what the people want.

He pretty much said he was going to step back and let others run it before he bought it.

And again - 4 out of 6 articles on the BBC front tech page are Musk and Twitter related: that's not normal.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
There'll be a press conference at Hilton's Garden Supplies any day now.
Reminded me of this line I saw out of the January 6th Select Committee report:
According to testimony received by the Select Committee, the only advisor present who supported President Trump’s inclination to declare victory was Rudolph Giuliani, who appeared to be inebriated.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I can't be the only one that feels like I miss lots of context with these tweets Wij posts? :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Honestly - that's twitter by design. 120 characters isn't enough to get context. Context is in your head or not there at all. Hence it being an addictive rage-chamber for the unfortunates who use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom