the leet attitude

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Behmoth said:
and then there are those who just want to be elitist but never will and its these people who generally have shite attitudes who rip of guild vaults and other shite and still have the cheek to stay in hib sorry this was a quick dig at a certain druid)
Indeed..!

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>>.... Everything you've ever done in the game becomes irrelevent if you unintentionally get them killed - even if its on one or two occasions, and then you end up being tagged as a noob and renderring yourself persona non grata.

even more important if you earned rp on something he was fighting and thus denied him a few rp.

People who consider their realmmates competition for rp and not allies should be better of playing Guildwars.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
XenX said:
I very much agree about this attitude that imo seems to be getting worse and worse as time goes on, at one point it was only on the PVP server that some people acted this way but more recently its become very apparent on the RVR servers as well. its not even the way people talk to you that bothers me in particular either but more the little things.. like 1 person said, a FG finishing off the hibbies after a fight and not even rezzing? i mean if anyone here is reading and they dont so much as rezz the cleric.. come on people help each other out it wont kill you...

the general attitude can also be felt in other area's of the game and other variations of a similar attitude are apparent as well, not many people are willing to group with people they dont know any more... gone are the days when u could just stand on the Pad yelling your class and "LFG" and pretty much every time EVERY class would get an invite if a group had space

Also i dont wanna start a TOA killed it all thread as theres way too many im fed up of reading them.. but artifacts are really bugging me lately you go to see if an artifact i up and b4 u can even get close enough to check someone will yell CAMPED!!!! i went to check tart's on my friar yesterday and some lvl 30ish scout yelled CAMPED at me.. i mean im sorry but if you cant even be bothered to come on your real character that actually needs the artifact.. then im not gonna let you "camp" it, when its something i need...

I have been away from my guild for a while as well as i have been on the pvp server.. but i have come back to find the new crowd selling!!! items to each other in the guild.. i mean OMG in my day you would NEVER EVER ask for money from a guild mate for an item EVER!!!

And i went to do an arti and asked my best friend to help another guildy says "ill help" so ok cool he comes to help and after we have killed it he wants to lotto the damn arti i mean i lotto'd as to not be rude but i would have never even dreamed of asking to lotto an arti that we were specifically doing for someone else.

i dunno if i am just overly friendly or if im stuck in the old ways of dark age of camelot.. but for goodness sake people..

i see threads of people complaining about "beggers" who just asked for 10s to port with..
i see people begging for groups cause they dont have a guild and not a sole is willing to help them..
theres people in rvr who wont let your group run along next to their group
theres people who wont even answer you if you say "any room in grp m8"

i think in general people just need to relax.. daoc used to be the best fun iv had on an mmorpg, i remember when people used to laugh their asses off cause they got wiped 5 times in a row in DF, if that happened now they would prolly boot whoever was responsible instead of helping them and for good measure add a full page of PM's insulting the poor guys family or something.

please folks we all need to be a little more civil to each other

P.S sorry for any bad spelling/grammer/views you dont like/inadvertantly offending anyone/politically incorrectness (if applicable)

U sire, hath earned tyself a rep point :worthy:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
knighthood said:
U sire, hath earned tyself a rep point :worthy:

Agree. Totally.100%

Sadly TBH I can't see a return to the Old Days (I'm talking post Beta, when ppl levelled at Trees / Worms in Lyonesse to get 50 (Albion)) so unfortunately DAOC moves with the times and that means all the shitty attitudes get dragged along in the mire too. Just gottta deal with it or find another game I guess

Aliorm

Fledgling Freddie
Eragrim u r a machine u representated allmost the 70% of DAoC players in few lines :clap: :clap:

Narkokrig

Fledgling Freddie
I must admit i didnt read the entire post, its alot of pages :)

But i must say i agree with Eragrim. And its a damn shame. When looking at the problem i came to realise something. People talk about classic servers all the time, so did i. But its not classic servers i miss, i miss a DAoC that was only a few months old. People didnt have the same leet attitude back then. This was confirmed by a friend who played the US classic servers.

Yes, i can get annoyed when someone new to daoc starts doing 20 questions for the professor, but i answer them non the less. Its nice to have new players join the game. And its a help to a realm mate starting a new character, by giving him the 10s so he can get to his friends and start leveling.

Think about what your doing ingame. If you give someone the impression of you being a good person, that person will smile and wave every time he sees you. Now thats alot more respec than being leet.

/smile and wave boys, smile and wave

Marc

FH is my second home
Zebolt said:
I think the phrase "leet attitude" was made up by jelous players who couldn't stand other ppl saying that they were bad or worse than someone else. I'm not saying you're jelous, don't get me wrong but the attitude you speak of has nothing to do with elite players and shouldn't be linked to them.

Absolute horseshit. Do you see the casual player running round calling people newbs or using gay language like "meight"? Ofc not.

A lot of the attitude comes from wannabes. They want to be accepted into the "crowd" so in return act the same, use the same gay language and insult others.

Marc

FH is my second home
Calaclya said:
...that originated near St Helens i believe meight :)

only words you hear from St Helens are rugby,champions,jamie lyon and world class tbh!!!!!

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Marc said:
only words you hear from St Helens are rugby,champions,jamie lyon and world class tbh!!!!!

that and...ugly, fat, minging, town closed etc :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
elbeek said:
that and...ugly, fat, minging, town closed etc :D

LMAO, Beekster !

-----------------------------
Orticus's Ferus Legionis 4tw

Mey

Part of the furniture
Calaclya said:
...that originated near St Helens i believe meight :)

FO TBH, St. Helens whilst in itself is a shit hole, we are not responsible for the l337 attitude or wannabe Chavs.

Marc

FH is my second home
Mey said:
FO TBH, St. Helens whilst in itself is a shit hole, we are not responsible for the l337 attitude or wannabe Chavs.

Everytime I go to mcdonalds in town its full of chavs. You even get them at the games now in the scaff part of knowlsey road. Not actually watching the game, just drinking alcopops and trying to fight with people.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Marc said:
Everytime I go to mcdonalds in town its full of chavs. You even get them at the games now in the scaff part of knowlsey road. Not actually watching the game, just drinking alcopops and trying to fight with people.

Apparently you can now buy Hackett sweaters and "bling" in the St Helen's RFC "gift shop" :)

In fact I believe that they will be renaming the team from St Helens to Chavs'r'Us and as a role model they will be basing the new team strip on marc's friday night apparel :)

Olvoair

Fledgling Freddie
wtf is st helens?

rugby/cricket or some other domestic game? (ok i admit. they play rugby in a few other countries and there is a billion peeps in India all dieing to bat some ball according to silly rules that none understands for days in a row sipping tea)

Marc

FH is my second home
Olvoair said:
wtf is st helens?

rugby/cricket or some other domestic game? (ok i admit. they play rugby in a few other countries and there is a billion peeps in India all dieing to bat some ball according to silly rules that none understands for days in a row sipping tea)

St Helens is a small working class town near Liverpool in the UK, famed for its rugby team, glass making, Johnny Vegas, kebabs from Geno's and its cheap tarts.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Marc is one of the cheap working class tarts who often blows Johnny Vegas whilst his eating his Kebab from Geno's!

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Calaclya said:
Marc is one of the cheap working class tarts who often blows Johnny Vegas whilst his eating his Kebab from Geno's!

Arent most rugby lovers like that ?:touch:

Ging

Part of the furniture
Mas said:
Arent most rugby lovers like that ?:touch:

feel free to tell that to the 1st forward you meet :) - you will find that hospital food when fed through a straw will be the least of your worries :)

Marc

FH is my second home
Calaclya said:
feel free to tell that to the 1st forward you meet :) - you will find that hospital food when fed through a straw will be the least of your worries :)

He plays a warlock. Hes used to sucking things irl. Albeit a bit fatter than a straw.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Marc said:

But then again its Mc Donalds, argos is the centre of chavage to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom