The great times of manachanters over?

T

Tasans

Originally posted by lakih
Intresting... IceWizards can debuff their basline nuke with a loveley 10% (no its not good, but it proves him wrong :))

Level 50 Spritmaster... (specced 41 supp/35 darkness/3 summoning)
41 Suppression: Direct Damage [PB] [AE] Spiritbased - 273 DD
35 Darkness: Lower Spirit Resist - 30 Resist

Chanters are overpowerd cus they can debuff their baseline damage and get pbaoe.... spiritmasters get to debuff their own pbaoedamage but this is np? (no sm's dont get the last pbaoe and the best debuff with such a spec)

:sleeping:

Yes it is better for an sm to debuff a single target and do a whooping 23 more dmg than usual in the next 15 seconds, and 56 less on any other targets. Get a clue maybe?

Its called tradeoff, chanters had it easy so long with best pbaoe/superior ranged dmg, about time they got a nerf. Say bye to the overpowered mana line :)

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Tasans
Say bye to the overpowered mana line :)

Amen! Close the thread and let's talk about something else ;)

L

lakih

Yes it is better for an sm to debuff a single target and do a whooping 23 more dmg than usual in the next 15 seconds, and 56 less on any other targets. Get a clue maybe?

Suppress Spirit -30% Resist 2 Sec - 17 P
Cold | Range : 1500 | Duration : 30 sec

Soul Destruction 273 D DD 2.5 Sec 300 26 P

So basicly what your saying is that during a timespan of 30 sec you cant cast say 4 spells with cast times of 2 and 2.5 sec? (debuffing 3 targets and nuke once)

Even if you cut the duration in half (witch you did) and ignore the fact that high dex should lower your cast time to 1.5 sec/2.0 sec. You should still have enough time to cast a few debuffs and atleast 2 pbaoe spells... more complicated and thougher than chanter? yes, absolutly, but it can still be done.

Its called tradeoff, chanters had it easy so long with best pbaoe/superior ranged dmg, about time they got a nerf. Say bye to the overpowered mana line :)

Omg, a class have it easy, lets nerf it!

bye, bye, overpwered manaline

L

lakih

With the introduction of the new resistsystem lets hope we dont have to have such a silly discussion again :)

S

Solarius

I wholly agree that manachanters need to be reduced in power - don't get me wrong. The whole point of the previous post was that the poster was expressing the usual misguded 'i hate enchanters' drivvel that really gets on my nerves. To broadly state that no other PBAoE (note-PBAoE NOT DD) gets to debuff his own damage and that focus pulling is bad only because of enchanters is absolute rubbish, yes FS is more prevailant due to the increased popularity of the specline but that doesn't mean that it can't - and won't - happen in the other realms.

Sorry had to reopen this discussion but I had to get my reasoning out. :rolleyes:

Time to sit back and watch what mytic do, I guess!

T

Tasans

Suppress Spirit -30% Resist 2 Sec - 17 P
Cold | Range : 1500 | Duration : 30 sec

Soul Destruction 273 D DD 2.5 Sec 300 26 P

So basicly what your saying is that during a timespan of 30 sec you cant cast say 4 spells with cast times of 2 and 2.5 sec? (debuffing 3 targets and nuke once)

Even if you cut the duration in half (witch you did) and ignore the fact that high dex should lower your cast time to 1.5 sec/2.0 sec. You should still have enough time to cast a few debuffs and atleast 2 pbaoe spells... more complicated and thougher than chanter? yes, absolutly, but it can still be done.

And you think enemies are gonna let you debuff them individually then run in to blast them. Yeah sure np, but the 30% of 273 is 354,9 compared to 331,5 to the best pbaoe, plus the fact that the spell is L49 and not L41 and you have lot more spec points in a line you actively use, smaller variance, higher cap dunno the benefits but there are certainly there.

Omg, a class have it easy, lets nerf it!

Im going to refer you to the various "DF4tehwin!!11" arguements.

D

deygos

lol tbh i been expecting a nerf for some time. surprised it took'em this long

but as someone else mentioned this nerf could cripple hib rvr if they dont get it right.

but 2bh why the fuck not bring the other caster classes in line..instead and give'em all a self debuff of equal powah? :)

pbae as it is in rvr for hibbies is a predictable and imo boring rvr tactic, easily countered so givf underhill assasins

T

tildson

Originally posted by old.Lythande
Rofl, what in the h*ll are you smoking son? Have you even seen how much damage a chanter does with his baseline nuke after debuff? No? Let me give you a hint, 450-500+ depending on MoM etc and resists on the target. You've been in "loads" of rvr-groups you say.. BG?

"Not many manachanters use the debuff" ...

Is 450-500damage too much for a single nuke? You will be very suprised if Mythic changes the state of resistbuffs - the overpowered within a manachanter, is the ability to have lvl48 PBAE and a single DD who nukes like a speccy one. 450-500dmg with a single DD is what it should do, not 200-250 :/

S

Sharma

ok one line "whine more hibs your lovely mana line is being nerfed and theres not a damn thing you can do, now you can feel the nerf bat which we have suffered Cry More"

D

Danya

With the introduction of the new resistsystem lets hope we dont have to have such a silly discussion again :)
Lets hope so, this thread has really brought out the retard in people.

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by parisienscot
At least maybe we'll all have a chance against hibbie gank groups now.
get a clue

G

Generic Poster

Manachanters have more utility than Fire & Ice wizards combined.
I'd rather see wizards improved in some way and not wait for ToA to see it happen.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by sharma
ok one line "whine more hibs your lovely mana line is being nerfed and theres not a damn thing you can do, now you can feel the nerf bat which we have suffered Cry More"
What are they doing to Eldritches and Mentalists then? :mad:

C

cougar-

Much clueless ppl here. Hib rvr group without enchanter is nothing but gimped. i couldent care less if they moved focusshield to enchantment, just make a new chanter for pve. If they moved debuff is however something else.

S

Sharma

Well the debuff is mainly single target so i guess i got lucky when i was debuffed to -30% heat and nuked by a manachanter for 600ish :p

Its pretty daft though, being able to spec one line for just about everything you need, debuff, pbae, etc

im quite glad they are reworking resists as it will stop enchanter who spec for a pbae hitting harder that those who spec for a single target DD

C

cougar-

Well the debuff is mainly single target so i guess i got lucky when i was debuffed to -30% heat and nuked by a manachanter for 600ish :p

Its pretty daft though, being able to spec one line for just about everything you need, debuff, pbae, etc

im quite glad they are reworking resists as it will stop enchanter who spec for a pbae hitting harder that those who spec for a single target DD

since enchanter is the only caster who almost can compete with alb and mid tank groups it's nothing good about it getting nerfed.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by cougar-
since enchanter is the only caster who almost can compete with alb and mid tank groups it's nothing good about it getting nerfed.

while I agree that they should beef all casters, tbh chanters need a nerf, they cant have debuff+baseline AND pbaoe in one line, im sorry.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by parisienscot
Yay - can't wait for this nerf - How DARE a non main nuker pet class be able to spec pbaoe and have excellent ranged nukes too - in fact possibly the most ranged damage of any class in the game.

because hib is the magic realm whereas mid have savages/zerks?

S

Sharma

He was talking about range, i dont think Zerk/Savages have range.

Yes Zerk can throw axe but ya think theyre daft enough to get some arcanium crafted ones? :p

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by Arnor
while I agree that they should beef all casters, tbh chanters need a nerf, they cant have debuff+baseline AND pbaoe in one line, im sorry.

lets say it gets moved to chanter light spec. highest debuff + spec DD + heat nuking pet = ouch

light eld. debuff + spec dd + low version of str/con debuff + NS = ouch

light menta. debuff + spec dd (and maybe if debuffs gets AE) + spec ae dd = omg ouch

V

vintervargen

He was talking about range, i dont think Zerk/Savages have range.

Yes Zerk can throw axe but ya think theyre daft enough to get some arcanium crafted ones? :p

hmm, speed6 2 insta ae cc purge and deter, really think range matters? (savages have taunt shout no?)

C

cougar-

with healer attackspeeddebuff, shaman spamming ae disease etc a hib caster group cant do shit exept moc or die. tanks > casters anyday, even if our pryd caster group manage well now, but its not cause of good classes.

V

vintervargen

with healer attackspeeddebuff, shaman spamming ae disease etc a hib caster group cant do shit exept moc or die. tanks > casters anyday, even if our pryd caster group manage well now, but its not cause of good classes.

reavers and albs castable amnesia (sorc or cabbie or?) :mad:

C

cougar-

Originally posted by vintervargen
reavers and albs castable amnesia (sorc or cabbie or?) :mad:

sorc spamming ae mezz works good enough, albs are easyer tho.

S

Solarius

I'm all for the nerf of the mana line in Enchanters, but I just hope that the other lines are beefed a little also. Personally I hope that rather than just moving debuffs to another line (enchantments) they plan the debuff situations a little better, or modify the way baseline damage is done. As it stands, there are several mage classes that can, on paper, debuff their own damage type. RC runemasters can debuff cold, mana enchanters get heat, Body sorcs with Matter. Whatever combination of resist debuffs given the way baseline damage types are worked you will have at least one, maybe two casters per realm that can debuff their damage type.

What would be good to see is if they modified base spec damage spells to be either a generic damage type (like resist debuff spells currently are, does anyone know if there is a resist check for these?), maybe including a resist type or reducing PvP damage for baseline to avoid mages using these spells as an unresistable damage dealer, or change the way base damage is worked, so enchanter light base becomes energy at level 5 (ie first three 'magician' spells are heat, but once the class is chosen the spell damage type for subsequent spells changes to energy), and so on. Debuffing spells in a classes own type should be low magnitude, short duration and possibly even single target only. For larger, long duration debuffs you should need the other players debuffs.

J

Jenna.

lets see...

1. /point /laugh
2. cry more n00bs
3. /jump

repeat

F

Flimgoblin

attackspeed debuff is fixed in 1.62 or 1.63 - not sure which one.

F

Flimgoblin

sorc spamming ae mezz works good enough, albs are easyer tho.

amnesia stops MoC, mezz immunity won't ;)

C

cougar-

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
amnesia stops MoC, mezz immunity won't ;)

dont matter if u r immune, u still get interupted fyi. amnesia make u lose target?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom