The Great Duelling Event.... TGDE.. .-)

O

old.Gad

Originally posted by Tbird

So 20+15?+10? = 45ish maybe? Bit of a difference from 100-120, which one of you needs to visit the optician?

People came and went as the night wore on. When I got there, there must have been at least 50-70 people there and I arrived a good few hours after it started... I am sure it carried on for some time after I left also. In actual fact I would say that if you count the number of duellists taking part throughout the day 100-120 people is a very conservative estimate indeed.

And I forgot to mention Velo in my origional post, thanks for the fights mate. I suppose I must be yellow to you but you are orange to me, if only just. Next time pull out the fast weapons mate :)

(and fyi, Velo and I didnt kill each other and we gained no RP's from each other)

Originally posted by Aethelstan

And as for this cobblers about "improving skills". Improving skills for what ?

I tried a lot of new stuff I wouldnt have had the chance to do normally... experimenting with haste buffs, bubbles, damage adds, twisting, and different combinations of swords/weapons. I found out what classes fight like, the tactics they use, their effectiveness and some of their weaknesses. To know who you have a good chance against 1 on 1 and who you are going to need help with and to know who to get first, what different classes look like, all invaluable. So yes, I would say that I improved my skills.

O

old.Mitsu

A common thing in dueling in daoc is back out when low on health. Usually you can see who would win the fight after a few seconds. Funny how noone did that :)

Fun evening after all... I didnt come for the rp but for the fun.

O

old.Charlinia

Welll.. one thing is for sure, I really had a good time yesterday, altho I only killed 4ppl, and I'm low lvl (candy-35-Skald) I luved it just sitting next to the enemy LOL

/bow to all of you :)

/slap to the one who ruined it :(

Hope we can do this again soon ;)

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by [UKD]Starkill
Yet again it is such a rare occurence that they are even present again we can count this out.
Just because you don't see a glowing figure with KEMOR over his head means he isn't there?

Although GOA should be doing more to relieve the tedium which Europe is suffering from at the moment.
Um...please don't tell me you're one of those that expect the patch to relieve this tedium...

I think Mythic need to step in to get GOA working faster and showing a bit more commitment to events...
Oh. That's so nice of you. I'll be sure to tell the rest of the team that "we suck". :rolleyes:

/ignore Starkill

-G

O

old.Egar

quote:
----
Go ahead, duel all you want, but if I find it, it all depends on my mood as to how many I'll kill. Hats off to the Albs, Hibs and Mids that crashed it. You did your realms proud, the honour is yours. To the others, were this an army, I'd have you court martialled for colluding with the enemy.
----

You actually accusing us for colluding with the enemy.
Not needed to say that the ones who started the duelling thing had 20k+ rps? these dont come there on their own you know, we have killed loads of mids and albs before. (and i'm only lvl 41)

C

Cedig

that dueling was a nice break from the tedium that is leveling 44+

won some, lost some, but I has some fun, which to me, is more important than anything, including relics

O

old.Gad

Originally posted by Mitsu
A common thing in dueling in daoc is back out when low on health. Usually you can see who would win the fight after a few seconds. Funny how noone did that :)

Fun evening after all... I didnt come for the rp but for the fun.

I think most people did. I fought tons of people, and I have to say I won more than I lost. I died twice, I killed NO-ONE and I had a great time.

No harm, no foul. I was there for the fun, not for the RP.

O

old.Egar

Thats right gad, most time we just pulled out of the battle if it was clear who would win or who wouldnt.
Only on rare occasions where both were very very close we killed each other. And then half of the time they were still rezz sick and didnt give rps.

O

old.Andro

Aethelstan, I am not sure I agree with your point of view on this particular matter. As you can see/read a lot of people here didn't do this for the realm points but for the fun of it. How the hell can you despise that the way you do? Are noone allowed to have fun their way?

Jadow, I still find your and the rest of your kind (like Midgaard's Jon when judging from an early post in this thread) ways pathetic. You KNEW what was going on and still you people rank around with the sole purpose of destroying the fun people were having. From your posts you did not even find it amusing to do. You did it only to destroy it. Now that's fucking pathetic.

Yes I am aware that the overall purpose of this game is war and I my view on realm point farming is that it's lame but I am NOT the one to judge nor punish the people doing it. BTW Jadow, tell me how much realm points you made that night (I bet you say none here)?

:flame:

F

Farnis

I thought this duelling thing had been put to bed....

According to the coc, duelling is permitted but rp farming is not.

If some people want to duel then that is fine, if someone wants to gank the duellers then that is fine...

I just wish some people would get of their high "honourable"(a phrase which should be used exclusively by roleplayers...as no one else would ever dream of using it) horses.

Just stop complaining - my head hurts from the banality. It is not an exclusive right of being high level to fight someone from another realm. Remember - not everyone has time or inclination to level as fast as possible. This false pecking order which is developing is beginning to grate.

...this thing is beginning to get like going to work - no actually - it is beginning to remind me of when i went to school.

Anyway - rp farming is wrong. But please stop preaching - I for one dont need it - and i have never duelled - although as Starkill says - i tried to arrange something - but hey ho - they said Non (well i think thats what they said - i think the reply was written in English first, then translated into French, then back to English (via Serbo-Croat) and it took about 6 months - oh no hang on im getting confused with something else).

I am just sad i am addicted to this and not crack tbh.

/ignore this
/ignore that
:rolleyes:

PS. Ronaldinho has really ruined my week!

L

Luuna

Just stop complaining - my head hurts from the banality.

/salute

Not going to go any further than these following points :

- When I went to Emain quite early in the evening there were no more than 50 people there. How many turned up an hour later I can't comment on because I wasn't there.

- If your fellow realm mates were calling for the keep raids to stop while people duelled that is something you take up with your realm and realm mates instead of generalising.

- Froler, that's not what happened, both you and I know that.

Can't believe I've allowed myself to get dragged into this thread. Not sleeping in 36 hours probably has something to do with it. :m00:

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by Gad

I think most people did. I fought tons of people, and I have to say I won more than I lost. I died twice, I killed NO-ONE and I had a great time.

No harm, no foul. I was there for the fun, not for the RP.

Not quite true since you did kill me

O

old.Cher

Great, read through 3 pages of pure crap. but now i finnaly get a say.

Jadow= i still have upmost respect for you. if i was still in alb you would have had a speed buff and mezz to help u out a bit.

Nala= look what u start doing without my guidance? you start acting like a female gimp, pawning your body out for hibs and midds to hit again and again.

Rest of whiners= There will never be any truce. not for an event or anytime, when i am around i kill in the frontiers, because that is what they have been put there for. Duelling is fine for that, but if i see you similer to jadow i will try to kill you all. I will protect my country from you lowlife invaders untill the breath leaves my body. and then i will release and do it all again. I have no problems about duelling because of CoC i have problems against it because its not killing the enemy

Hibbs=we currently have no relics and are considered a weaker realm we need to do something about this, preferebly by organising keep raids and not duelling events. if u wish to argue that you get experiance for keep raids from duelling<as i'm sure some people would tell me> then consider this, how often has someone fought one on one with a lord of a keep? or how often do u get into an enviroment where you can get into a one on one battle, RvR is about groups working together, not just one or two people getting there kicks

If hibbies have any problems with my veiws mesage me in game, and i'll discuss it with u, but right now i'm against duelling
You can catch me as
Petals

p.s nala we have to talk <shakes head>

O

old.Lianuchta

I wasn't there but tbh I don't see a difference between people camping milegates and PKs and duelling. Both just consist of people skirmishing for little or no gain apart from RPs... Duelling is the more honorable version of it as a lot of the fights aren't to the death. All these people that complain about duelling and then go around killing people particiapting in the duels defeat their own argument about RP farming.

That would just leave keep/relic taking and associated activities like blocking entry keeps to refrain people from joining in.

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

If you're going to duel and don't want disruptions, then set up such an event in a quiet part of the frontiers. If you perform this kind of thing in a land scarred by frequent battle, you can only expect others to nuisance your plans.

Personally, I prefer hunting out alone on the frontiers with no arrangements, the unpredictability of events this way is always thrilling. I was invited, by the thread starter actually, to come out to the duelling, but declined due to my preference.

Choosing your fights is the stuff of wisdom, but I am one to embrace the chaos.

O

old.Gad

Originally posted by Gombur Glodson

Not quite true since you did kill me

I don't remember fighting you all night. That was my erstwhile companion Brigheiss. I was itching to fight you Gombur but I couldn't get a foot in... they were queing up for you mate. :)

N

Nemesis Warlock

/em gives sickofit.. a manly hug

;) oki by now

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by Gad

I don't remember fighting you all night. That was my erstwhile companion Brigheiss. I was itching to fight you Gombur but I couldn't get a foot in... they were queing up for you mate. :)

Untill next time then
/nods

Z

Zebarmy

JUM!

Excuse my random troll type message, but what a bunch of toss :)

Zebby

F

Farnis

Great, read through 3 pages of pure crap. but now i finnaly get a say.

Dear Great one.

- if only everyone else where as wise as you. :eek:

O

old.Hendrick

Hey!

i can't be bothered scanning through this whole thread, as I only now discovered it, but let me just clear one thing up please:

[q]Heck even Hendrick duels and he is in Templars seeing that it's mainly that guild that is preaching.[/q]

I do not duel, and never did. The incident you must be referring to must be my one-on-one fight against that orange-con berserker (nork). That was at 5am sunday morning in Emain Macha, with about 4-5 people involved in total. This was not prearranged, it just happened, and there was not much of a choice I had either, at least at the first fight. I then came back later, as did Nork, but that really was just us two and I honestly would not have cared if anybody else had interfered. I like the option to have a fight one-on-one. But I don't like this pre-arranged realm-point farming. I am absolutely behind Aethelstan and any other Templar in this matter. It's just that I think I am an easy going person and therefore would not disturb a fight between two people out of a small group that meets at the frontier prearranged or not. But I sincerely will never indulge in any of these dueling events, unless I come across another enemy group/single player late at night and I am in a nice mood.

O

Ottar

> and lol at rpfarming if a lvl 50 killed 1 other lvl 50 i got about 80 rps from it.

Can someone please clarify this. Solo kill of a yellow con enemy at lvl 50 typically yields 300-980 realmpoints in frontier encounters.

Several people have stated that during the yesterday’s dueling, they got significantly less. Was this a common experience? If yes, what could be the cause of it?

Ottar

O

old.Det

Originally posted by Ottar
> and lol at rpfarming if a lvl 50 killed 1 other lvl 50 i got about 80 rps from it.

Can someone please clarify this. Solo kill of a yellow con enemy at lvl 50 typically yields 300-980 realmpoints in frontier encounters.

Several people have stated that during the yesterday’s dueling, they got significantly less. Was this a common experience? If yes, what could be the cause of it?

Ottar

I can think of 2 causes
1. They were in a full group and the rp got divided up among the grp members. 80 still is low.
2. Or they are trying to protect themselves against the accusation of RP farming by telling a lie.

O

old.Isos

To Sickofit: yea the whole game would rule if there were only stealthers runnign around backstapping eachother?

pladins are actually one of the worst RvR classes in the game, this IS A FACT not me whining, I still play my pally and I dont sit around complaining about it.
but I think there upping pallys in next patch. and I dont have neither strenght or time to lv up another charachter

Sickofit, before we had the relics I went often to odins

In combat I often find a even enemy to duel with... FALSE!

reality is being mezzed and then picked off by 4 lv 50 mids even when beckoning them to come and duel they still gank you.

and hey ottar, 80 rps is still alot if you compare to what I use to get :D
and I cant even think 900 rps in one kill :)

O

old.k70

I laugh at all you people trying to tell me whom i am allowed to kill and whom not.

Moto

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by Tbird

ROFL I genuinely smiled at that line.

Realm mate: What did you find out about other classes Pathfinder?
Pathfinder: I found out I can kill the newly rezzed 1-on-1.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'll have to assume they were newly rezzed, seeing as no RP was gained ;) And yes, I found it odd people would duel while sick; then again, given the amount of time everyone died during the "event", even after the rez sickness had gone you'd probably still be worth no RP for some time.

And Ottar, are you a complete newb? Surely you are aware of the fact that RP (if there's any to be had) will be spread out to virtually all those within range who's in grp/damaged/has been damaged recently by said enemy. Secondly, given that most people fought right after rez sickness had gone, they were worth practically nothing. Yes, this meant I got small amount of random RP when people who were using AEs in their duels died, but that's life.

I for one didn't duel the same person twice, unless 1) said person beat me, at which point I was after a rematch (cough :)) or 2) noone else would accept a challenge (which happened later, which ultimately led me to suicide at the MPK :)).

For those who ran around disrupting the duels; of course your free to do so, and when I spotted people doing it (Mids/Hibs) I would kill those people; that's what you wanted right, "real" RvR?
^^

O

old.Jadow

To whoever it was that wanted to know how many RP i made that night... about 1,000 or so, give or take. At most. Hardly a windfall.

How many RP did I make from killing the duellers? Err none. If you actually bothered to read you'll notice that both and I one of my victims stated that they were 'recently rezzed'. I did this -quite- deliberately so that I could in no way be accused of RP farming.

The few RP I did make, I made on the frontier, killing the enemies of my realm. You should try it sometimes, it's nice, actually feels like you've earned it.

To Cher/Petal : <snog> I'm tempted to come over to hibbie just to be able to hit on you all day again ;)

To Solid: Thanks man, coming from you that means a lot. I have far more respect for what you and your mates achieved, despite it creating two hours of work for me and my mates later.

To whoever it was that said that the purpose of the game wasn't purely RvR but was Roleplay... Well I wish you were right my friend. I think I'm wrong in this respect also, the purpose of the game is whatever you want it to be. However it rather defeats the object with all this sad duelling. As aeth quite rightly pointed out, RP actually mean a great deal in coming patches, people screaming out for high level content need wait a little while longer, but it'll come. To have RP cheapened like this is very irritating to those of us who actually do it 'the right way' and both kill and get killed with startling regularity on the frontiers.

To the guy who said something about me not being able to take on a yellow con on the frontier in a one on one fight - huh? You ever -seen- how much damage a full critical strike chain will do? Hehe. I -regularly- take out yellow cons on the frontier one-on-one. Sure they don't see me until they're dead but like.. that's because i'm an assassin.

It's what I do. It's what any self respecting infiltrator, shadowblade or nightshade would do.

Jadow
Lvl 45+ Infiltrator
The Order of The Knights Templar

O

old.Kaylin

Otter: The answer is fairly simple, and i shall endevour to explain how the "RP Pool" works.

When you spawn a fresh(from releasing, logging on, or zoning) you are allocated your RP pool, which is based upon 2 factors as far as i can gather from what players have said, 1) your level, and 2) your realm rank and level. This is where you get those 300-900 rps from, killing these guys before they get a hair on their head touched.

However, if a player gets into a fight they start to lose rps dramatically, as the attacking player/npc absorbs rps into their award pool if they kill you. However if the player does not die, thar award pool is lost, although the rp pool remains detrimented.

I am not sure on how long it takes to recover your rp pool, although the game engine would seem to suggest 10 minutes(since this is the timer for after resurecting).

So... If you kill a player that has recently been in a battle and won, they are worth considerably less rp's. This effect can be seen in the killing of people in yggdra, cruachon gorge, and various other low level frontier spots, as well as in the mass duels like yesterdays.

Hope that helps you out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sickofit: Im sorry that you seem to take such offense at these people speaking like that, but to be honest, what has it got to do with how they spell on these forums? Isnt it their god given right to express themselves in their own way? I belive so, please dont start going at people for the literature on such a broad social ranging place as the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom