Film The General Film Thread

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Bullet Train is exactly as ridiculous as it looks, but it is also a ton of fun; recommended.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
We all know it would be a shameless 1.5-2 hours of social re-education and box ticking.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Prey was surprising good and certainly the best Predator sequel in recent times.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Prey was surprising good and certainly the best Predator sequel in recent times.

Thought so too! really enjoyed it tbh, I was expecting a woke mess but was completely blown away by how great it was. Best predator movie since Predator 2 tbh. Also had some good easter eggs

"if it bleeds we can kill it" and the Pistol at the end is the exact pistol the predator gives to Danny Glover at the end of Predator 2

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Thought so too! really enjoyed it tbh, I was expecting a woke mess but was completely blown away by how great it was. Best predator movie since Predator 2 tbh. Also had some good easter eggs

"if it bleeds we can kill it" and the Pistol at the end is the exact pistol the predator gives to Danny Glover at the end of Predator 2
Predator 2 was great.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Predator 2 was great.

Indeed, it got a lot of flak but I enjoyed it. Both 1 and 2 are great movies, this gives them a good trilogy finally, rather than the shite that came between 2 and Prey. (Excluding Alien Vs Predator like.. that was just a bit of silly fun, enjoyed those too)

Trem

Indeed, it got a lot of flak but I enjoyed it. Both 1 and 2 are great movies, this gives them a good trilogy finally, rather than the shite that came between 2 and Prey. (Excluding Alien Vs Predator like.. that was just a bit of silly fun, enjoyed those too)
It was of the time and my furious masturbating self (I was only 47) loved it and I thought Danny Glover was really good. It had a shit ton of Predators!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

View: https://youtu.be/qlQjwcdWSDc

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
... Also had some good easter eggs

Did you catch the end of the painted story credits?
Would explain how the pistol gets there.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
As much as I enjoy watching The Critical Drinker - he's super wrong on this one :p even his own comment section disagrees with him.
Not seen that one but I agree in general. Critical Drinker is entertaining, and sometimes spot on, but other times he’s just talking shit and moaning about women :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Not seen that one but I agree in general. Critical Drinker is entertaining, and sometimes spot on, but other times he’s just talking shit and moaning about women :)

He doesn't moan about women. He moans about "the message" and he has a point. If the women actor is good and a well written character then he has no issues. But when they are always superior, faster, better and always beat the men and make the men characters look weak and stupid then he moans. Which is fair enough really.

To be fair he had only seen the trailer of Prey so he may revise his original thoughts.
But quite a few of his points are quite valid.

Saying that though Prey was OK. Some basic stuff they kind of contrived to get the story moving.
Nowhere near as good as the 1st predator but somewhat better than anything that came after Predator 2.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
He doesn't moan about women. He moans about "the message" and he has a point. If the women actor is good and a well written character then he has no issues. But when they are always superior, faster, better and always beat the men and make the men characters look weak and stupid then he moans. Which is fair enough really.

To be fair he had only seen the trailer of Prey so he may revise his original thoughts.
But quite a few of his points are quite valid.

Saying that though Prey was OK. Some basic stuff they kind of contrived to get the story moving.
Nowhere near as good as the 1st predator but somewhat better than anything that came after Predator 2.
I get it sometimes. Rey is a shit character who is always best. He's right there. And in some other cases.

Sometimes he's just moaning about women though :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Yep - a couple of (minor) 'hey?'s but overall that stands up well... enjoyed it alot !

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
We saw Thor (the new one) this weekend. We enjoyed it. 2 hours of brain-off content was good enough for us.

6/10 for the film overall. Not the best nor the worst.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Bloke outraged at female lead being unrealistic in a film with a fucking alien in it?

Trem

Bloke outraged at female lead being unrealistic in a film with a fucking alien in it?
I honestly thought it was a bit shit. My main problem? Their language was hard American. To suit dumb Americans. I could have been fine with native language/subtitles.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well his initial trailer review he was wrong and he admits that.

I think he is spot on with his full film review
I think that's why I find some of his stuff quite watchable, if you ignore all the bait he puts in about messaging, etc. there are some good points about lazy scripts

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I think that's why I find some of his stuff quite watchable, if you ignore all the bait he puts in about messaging, etc. there are some good points about lazy scripts

I enjoy his character reworking videos where he fixes the character and their story arc.
The character usually sounds a lot more compelling and interesting than originally portrayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom