Film The General Film Thread

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Whatever, it looks like a fun couple of hours.

Shrug, trailers where they feel like they must include their CV are normally a bad sign

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
The Northman. What a load of bollocks. Not sure why that writer/director keeps getting bummed by critics. The Witch (his also) was like watching paint dry. Not seen The Lighthouse, I bloody well won't either.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
The Northman. What a load of bollocks. Not sure why that writer/director keeps getting bummed by critics. The Witch (his also) was like watching paint dry. Not seen The Lighthouse, I bloody well won't either.
We are looking forward to Northman … but will wait until it is ftv

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's pretty shit. It really wants to be good, but isn't.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I wasn't a fan of the whole big bloke walking very slowly and swinging very slowly and nobody taking advantage that he was in slow motion in general, bit weird.

Trem

We are looking forward to Northman … but will wait until it is ftv
We were *really* looking forward to seeing it @Yoni mate.

Terribly disappointing. See what you think when you watch it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Top Gun: Maverick, is a profoundly silly film which is equal parts irritating and enjoyable, which makes you feel even more irritated for enjoying such hokum.

Oh, and...
My wife, who wouldn't know a lighsabre from a lampshade, leaned over and said, "isn't this the plot of Star Wars?" She was not wrong...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So... Disney+ just bothered with this now and I was quite surprised at how much is on it, I was expected JUST the typical Disney catalogue but was very surprised to see horror movies and what not... if Netflix continue with their plans to put ads on their service I can see Disney+ shooting ahead of Netflix in terms of popularity.

I mainly bought it so me and my boys could watch Obi-wan together, I could have pirated them but that moral side of me wanted them to see things how they were intended.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
if Netflix continue with their plans to put ads on their service I can see Disney+ shooting ahead of Netflix in terms of popularity.
Netflix are only looking to do that for a new, lower priced tier. The current ad-free packages will not change.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Netflix are only looking to do that for a new, lower priced tier. The current ad-free packages will not change.

Its already twice the price of Disney+ here so think ill bin it after done with Stranger Things until something comes up there i want to watch

Trem

Its already twice the price of Disney+ here so think ill bin it after done with Stranger Things until something comes up there i want to watch
This is why they are now splitting their popular shows. Better Call Saul now on a break until it concludes. Did it with Ozark and they're doing it with Stranger Things.

We cancelled NF last month when they raised the price. Disney+ far better value (in our house).

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
We get Netflix "free" as part of our Sky deal, we hardly watch it though.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
My brother gets spotify & netflix free through some crypto card or some shit.

I have no idea.

It's good for me though.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
This is why they are now splitting their popular shows. Better Call Saul now on a break until it concludes. Did it with Ozark and they're doing it with Stranger Things.

We cancelled NF last month when they raised the price. Disney+ far better value (in our house).
Problem is, it's Disney. As soon as Netflix is fucked your value proposition will go out the window, they're not known for cheap park tickets after all.

Disney own way too big a percentage of popular culture for my liking. Unfortunately Netflix aren't going to help with that as they won't go anywhere but downhill it seems as they're so intent on removing everything that made them stand out whilst at the same time not sticking with anything creatively anymore.

Trem

Problem is, it's Disney. As soon as Netflix is fucked your value proposition will go out the window, they're not known for cheap park tickets after all.

Disney own way too big a percentage of popular culture for my liking. Unfortunately Netflix aren't going to help with that as they won't go anywhere but downhill it seems as they're so intent on removing everything that made them stand out whilst at the same time not sticking with anything creatively anymore.
Oh absolutely, I'm amazed Disney is still £7.99. We actually pay for it with Tesco Clubcard vouchers.

I honestly haven't found anything on there to watch but we have a 12 year old daughter who is obsessed with The Simpsons.

It just felt really insulting that NF decided to raise their prices when they did. Everyone (worldwide) is on their arse and this none essential thing decided to try and wring more out of its customers.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh absolutely, I'm amazed Disney is still £7.99. We actually pay for it with Tesco Clubcard vouchers.

I honestly haven't found anything on there to watch but we have a 12 year old daughter who is obsessed with The Simpsons.

It just felt really insulting that NF decided to raise their prices when they did. Everyone (worldwide) is on their arse and this none essential thing decided to try and wring more out of its customers.
Absolutely tremlar, it's like how they're now trying to distance themselves from a subscription that's per screen to must be in the same household, don't share passwords, etc.

To me they're £10 more than when I first subscribed and nowhere near as appealing. They've lost their edge and Disney can just wait them out and will probably pick the bones clean after they flame out.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
So i'm not up with DC stuff, more a MARVEL fan. Does the lightning bolt on his chest have any relevance to Shazam?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Meh. It'll get watched so I can be near the o/h when she gets all wet and excited over the Rock but DC just don't seem to be thinking joined-up.

It's the thematic string that keeps me coming back for the Marvel movies - otherwise I'd have ditched them ages ago tbh.

Embattle

FH is my second home
WB DC is fairly terrible but people will watch it, as will I no doubt ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Everything, everywhere, all the time.

Barking mad, great fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom