Film The General Film Thread

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The accents make me want to stab my ears with knitting needles.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What with Without Remorse being one of my favourite Clancy novels, I found the film almost unrecognisable (if they'd changed a couple of names and called it something different there would've been no connection at all with the book) and really fucking disappointing. A couple of half-decent action sequences tacked together with an awful lot of wooden acting - they looked as bored acting it as I was watching it - and clichéd dialogue and... not a lot else.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I've not read the book but found the film really disjointed. I like a good revenge murder fest (John Wick etc) as much as the next man. It started off quite promising. Then I just lost interest, I couldn't actually tell you what happened in the entire film.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What with Without Remorse being one of my favourite Clancy novels, I found the film almost unrecognisable (if they'd changed a couple of names and called it something different there would've been no connection at all with the book) and really fucking disappointing. A couple of half-decent action sequences tacked together with an awful lot of wooden acting - they looked as bored acting it as I was watching it - and clichéd dialogue and... not a lot else.

Thought it was utter shite. Wooden acting, obvious bad guy, hackneyed plot. And worst of all, it took itself far too seriously.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Finally managed to get a few hours to watch Tenent. Must admit it was hard going at times what made it worse was that every key piece of Dialogue had a frikkin epic music score over the top of it. Clearly a very well made film in terms of cinematography and the storyline resonated around the potential pitfalls of people wielding too much power.

As a piece of entertainment, was a one to turn your phone off for, really need to concentrate on it to follow it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Everything apart from the last scene (and when woody turned up) was a bit of a dud in that trailer.

I kind of dislike overly CGI monsters as protagonists. But I was pleased with the first one so we'll see what happens/

Only in Scouse's house of ill repute, with rum and mint drinks, mind you. Eff going to the cinema. :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Watched The Hunt. Recorded it off sky premier the other week. Was ok, black humour gore fest.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeh but Daisy with that hair though....
She's a small part of why it was a bit wank tbh. I think if you can wank to Ridley then you can wank to a fence post.

Not all her fault, it was the story that's wank first and foremost.

Wank all round! Just not the good kind.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I could tell you that from the synopsis.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I could tell you that from the synopsis.
Yeah I tbought that too but took a punt as there's not a lot about at the mo and sometimes you're pleasantly surprised.

Sometimes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You know what the more interesting film would have been? Make the women the broadcasters. No-one would be brave enough to make that movie though.
It did cross my mind. That and the fact that at it's heart seems to be a loose narrative that men are violent wankers and girls are better suited to rule.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Looks a bit shit tbh. Trailer doesn't say anything.

Well, other than "we've found a job for some of the Game of Thrones lot".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom