Film The General Film Thread

Raven

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The accents make me want to stab my ears with knitting needles.

dysfunction

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
"Nobody" Film is very good. Really enjoyed it.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Platform please?

Raven

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Thought it was a lot of fun.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What with Without Remorse being one of my favourite Clancy novels, I found the film almost unrecognisable (if they'd changed a couple of names and called it something different there would've been no connection at all with the book) and really fucking disappointing. A couple of half-decent action sequences tacked together with an awful lot of wooden acting - they looked as bored acting it as I was watching it - and clichéd dialogue and... not a lot else.

Raven

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've not read the book but found the film really disjointed. I like a good revenge murder fest (John Wick etc) as much as the next man. It started off quite promising. Then I just lost interest, I couldn't actually tell you what happened in the entire film.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What with Without Remorse being one of my favourite Clancy novels, I found the film almost unrecognisable (if they'd changed a couple of names and called it something different there would've been no connection at all with the book) and really fucking disappointing. A couple of half-decent action sequences tacked together with an awful lot of wooden acting - they looked as bored acting it as I was watching it - and clichéd dialogue and... not a lot else.
Thought it was utter shite. Wooden acting, obvious bad guy, hackneyed plot. And worst of all, it took itself far too seriously.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Finally managed to get a few hours to watch Tenent. Must admit it was hard going at times what made it worse was that every key piece of Dialogue had a frikkin epic music score over the top of it. Clearly a very well made film in terms of cinematography and the storyline resonated around the potential pitfalls of people wielding too much power.

As a piece of entertainment, was a one to turn your phone off for, really need to concentrate on it to follow it.

gmloki

Part of the furniture

Really enjoyed this for a few hours of mindless escapism. Set up nicely for a sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom