Film The General Film Thread

georgie

FH is my second home
Greenland. Utter chuff.

It's a Gerard Butler "action/thriller" film in which " A family fights for survival as a planet-killing comet races to Earth ".

I mean, surely you know what you're getting? lol

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Greenland. Utter chuff.

Aye I watched it the other week... considering its a disaster you hardly ever see the fucking disaster, just a bunch of cunts screaming and trying to rob each other lol.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's a Gerard Butler "action/thriller" film in which " A family fights for survival as a planet-killing comet races to Earth ".

To be fair he has done some good ones. I thoroughly enjoyed Law Abiding Citizen and highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Yeah but I at least wanted to set my brain aside and watch some drama, but I spent the whole film getting annoyed by stupid shit.

Like the fact the gimpy long haired kid had his meds wrapped in a blanket and therefore dropped them, and how they somehow didn't spot he was diabetic and therefore not acceptable anyway. Even the fact some guy was casually filling up a plain with jet fuel and dropped the nozzle, and it carried on pissing fuel all over the place, which is just impossible. Stupid film. And don't even get me started on the daft wristband thing, it's not a nightclub where you can come and go because you left something in the car

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
A Glitch in the Matrix.

It's about simulation theory, which I find a pretty fascinating subject (Not that I believe in it)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just re-watched Avatar.

It's stood up really well. I remember when I was blown away by the 3D in the cinema and then disappointed with 3D in every single other film ever.

Story is good. It's missing something and feels a little corporate but Cameron really can direct.

I understand 2 is in post at the moment and there's up to 5 on the boil. Which seems excessive. But I guess they need to do something to save Cinema - and turning to Cameron is probably their best option.

Though they'll fail.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have never seen or had the inclination to watch Avatar, or any of the Harry Potter films for that matter.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have never seen or had the inclination to watch Avatar, or any of the Harry Potter films for that matter.
Weird combination!

Harry Potter are kids films, but I couldn't avoid it as Tam read the books.

Avatar is worth it tho IMO. Cameron gets some good performances. The main bad guy is really strong. And it's not a bad story either.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I enjoyed Avatar. Cameron has been talking about sequels for over a decade (but then, he was talking about making the first one for *well* over a decade but he didn't think the tech existed to do it justice), it'll be interesting to see what he comes up with.

I never watched any of the Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings films.

I did watch His House the other day. I'm usually ok with horror but there were some proper "fuuuuck" moments in this, it was very well done.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The wife loves all things Harry Potter, so does my sister. I don't watch them to annoy them and I doubt I am missing out on much tbh.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Harry Potter flicks are the crème de la crème hangover films. The level of acting from the children is so poor, it's brilliant to watch and laugh at, and then you have the superb acting from the likes of Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith and Julie Walters to make them more than watchable.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Watched The Father a couple of weeks ago through a friend a works for Lionsgate. Really interesting film and well worth a watch when it's out. I think what it's trying to achieve is to give the viewer an insight on what it's actually like to have dementia using very clever and intricate storytelling and direction. It makes you feel very confused and disorientated throughout.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Boss Level was better than I thought it was going to be.

Good call, @Scouse !! Really enjoyed that, lots of fun :)

A real cross between Edge of Tomorrow and Deadpool I thought... great action and not too serious !!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Not really an Eddie Murphy film is it? Films he's in, like say Tower Heist, can be OK, films where he's the star... apparently Dolemite Is My Name is good (haven't seen it), and Boomerang, which was 1992. And that's it.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Not really an Eddie Murphy film is it? Films he's in, like say Tower Heist, can be OK, films where he's the star... apparently Dolemite Is My Name is good (haven't seen it), and Boomerang, which was 1992. And that's it.
Dolomite is decent to be fair. Not amazing but a good enough watch.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
'Life' was good but, Christ, 1999, the credits bloopers are great.

He's a funny guy that has been in lots of shit films but also some great films.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Eddie Murphy is outdated comedy.

Especially when you try to combine social justice warrior plots with stereotypes its a bit meh.

'Omg we must fight so we can have Queens, also here's african sex slaves.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom