Film The General Film Thread

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Did anyone follow the latest season of Fargo and also watch the ending? Thoughts?

Left me with a sour taste in my mouth and a feeling of "this could have happened instead etc"

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Did anyone follow the latest season of Fargo and also watch the ending? Thoughts?

Left me with a sour taste in my mouth and a feeling of "this could have happened instead etc"

I liked the cast, I thought the whole mafia thing was a bit silly, it didn't feel like Fargo, it felt like a mafia film with fargo quirky characters.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Really disappointed with Tenet. There's usually some wiggle-room for a layer of "scientific leeway" if the underlying film is good enough to carry it but this was just too nonsensical. The last 20 or so minutes is just chaos.

There were good bits...
most of the scenes that were shown both "forwards" and "backwards" were well done - notably the fight scene in the Freeport in Oslo and the aftermath of the armoured car heist (that whole bit was great tbh but you would've thought alarm bells would've been ringing the second an 18 wheeler came roaring up beside them and then again when the truck pulled in front and then again when the truck pulled up behind them but no, this was all fine apparently). Some of the cinematography was great but I wish Nolan would get over the switching aspect ratio thing.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Really disappointed with Tenet. There's usually some wiggle-room for a layer of "scientific leeway" if the underlying film is good enough to carry it but this was just too nonsensical. The last 20 or so minutes is just chaos.

There were good bits...
most of the scenes that were shown both "forwards" and "backwards" were well done - notably the fight scene in the Freeport in Oslo and the aftermath of the armoured car heist (that whole bit was great tbh but you would've thought alarm bells would've been ringing the second an 18 wheeler came roaring up beside them and then again when the truck pulled in front and then again when the truck pulled up behind them but no, this was all fine apparently). Some of the cinematography was great but I wish Nolan would get over the switching aspect ratio thing.

You didn’t buy into the need to watch it two or more times to fully enjoy it as it was meant to be enjoyed?

Thought that Denzel’s son acting was brilliant and worked extremely well together with the other chap.
Also.
That car giving chase to the main characters backwards was unnaturally creepy.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You didn’t buy into the need to watch it two or more times to fully enjoy it as it was meant to be enjoyed?
If a film can't explain itself in one go then I don't think it's done a wonderful job tbh.

I liked Inception. It was a straight down the middle by-the-numbers action flick. Wasn't hard to follow in the slightest. (Not that I'm against challenging films at all).

Tenet? I don't think it did a very good job of setting itself up - so when it came to running through the mechanics of it, it wasn't clear who, or why for a lot of it. But that was set early on.

I'll give it another go. I was tired when I watched it. But maybe it just wasn't that great.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Thought that Denzel’s son acting was brilliant and worked extremely well together with the other chap.
Also.
That car giving chase to the main characters backwards was unnaturally creepy.
Two and a half hours? Unlikely. Maybe I'll go back and watch it again if I find the time but it felt like it was so convoluted that they had to spend a good portion of the runtime explaining it to the audience and even then I was still scratching my head. Although, maybe if I went in to it knowing the premise from the start (I avoided it all year to not spoil it), it might help. But that's cheating and not indicative of a film you can just sit down and watch and walk away from.

Denzel's son is great, I really enjoy Ballers (the earlier seasons especially) and he's been in that since the beginning.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Wonder Woman 84. Shite. Really disappointing after the last one.

So Marvel left a bit of a vacuum after the End Game film just primed for a great super hero film and DC come up with this.
You would like to think that they could replicate something Marvel did but sometimes there is no helping some people.

Very disappointed. It actually feels like a 1984 film...which is not a good thing. Fine if it was made then but not if it's made now.

Embattle

FH is my second home
DC have been trying for a while to match Marvel but individually the film's aren't as good, the story arc is also fairly weak and somewhat jumbled.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The Foreigner. With jackie chan and dodgey irish accent from pierce. Not a bad pop corn movie

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I re-watched Independence Day - and it stands the test of time.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Just watched Military wives with the missus.

Against all my expectations it was actually really good, fast paced, not cheesy and didnt come across as a chik flik at all.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Had a weird suggestion come up on my YouTube time line for 'Why you wouldn't survive the Belko Experiment'. So I gave the film a watch.

Just an utterly bizzare movie. Main story without too many spoilers is 80 people work in an office block in Bogota, Columbia. Everything going great till people need to start killing each other. Quite a good movie to kill 90 minutes, no major surprises or ground breaking plot twists. Worth a watch however.

Solid 6.73 / 10

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.

Unsure whether to pick this up or not - it'll either be awesome or a waste of time

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I enjoyed Bad Boys for Life. They were probably both 5 years too old for the roles (Lawrence in particular looked like he just didn't have it in him at times) but the action was good, the plot was uncomplicated. It felt like a Bad Boys film - which is a good thing in my book, the first 2 were great.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I enjoyed Bad Boys for Life. They were probably both 5 years too old for the roles (Lawrence in particular looked like he just didn't have it in him at times) but the action was good, the plot was uncomplicated. It felt like a Bad Boys film - which is a good thing in my book, the first 2 were great.

From a nostalgia point of view it certainly delivers. But it was nowhere near as good as the previous ones.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Trial of the Chicago 7 on Netflix. Brilliant.

I enjoyed it :) apparently real case was even more brutal / absurd

I feel Sacha Baron Cohen was great in that role, would love to see more of that kind of thing. Bit like Rowan Atkinson was better as Blackadder than mr bean type roles

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I enjoyed it :) apparently real case was even more brutal / absurd

I feel Sacha Baron Cohen was great in that role, would love to see more of that kind of thing. Bit like Rowan Atkinson was better as Blackadder than mr bean type roles

Have you seen The Spy? Think it's a Netflix job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom