Film The General Film Thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fucking Robert Pattinson?

I get it - he's probably matured nicely. But he's still way too effeminate in his facial features.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Anyone seen Polar? Watched it tonight. Hadnt head of the comic book. Its not too bad if you turn your logic circuits off. Love mads as well :)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I agree it looks like it will do it justice... I liked the use of Eclipse also

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Just watched this one. Feels weird to me that it's pushed as a documentary

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I started to watch battlestar galatica last night cos its on the beeb and I wanted to wind up Scouse.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Sooo, Tenet. I went to see it (weird experience but the cinema had like, three people in it).

It's very Christopher Nolan high concept, it looks great and the action was good. But it's not a very good movie.

The whole time running backwards conceit just doesn't really work for lots of the film and it's all a bit of a mess

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Started watching "Cuties" to see what the fuss is about. wow, switched it off half way through due to being afraid of having the front door booted in and going on a register.

I don't really understand how it even got through certification, pretty much from the first scene it's basically kids jiggling about in front of the camera without much in the way of clothes on and by kids I don't mean teenagers, 11/12 year olds dressed at 18 year olds out on the pull.

Very uncomfortable to watch, which I would hope was their aim...trouble is, the message got delivered by Yodel. Maybe it's a language thing? I watched the dubbed version, which is never ideal but my French is weak and I cba to read subtitles.

Gwadien

Started watching "Cuties" to see what the fuss is about. wow, switched it off half way through due to being afraid of having the front door booted in and going on a register.

I don't really understand how it even got through certification, pretty much from the first scene it's basically kids jiggling about in front of the camera without much in the way of clothes on and by kids I don't mean teenagers, 11/12 year olds dressed at 18 year olds out on the pull.

Very uncomfortable to watch, which I would hope was their aim...trouble is, the message got delivered by Yodel. Maybe it's a language thing? I watched the dubbed version, which is never ideal but my French is weak and I cba to read subtitles.

Imdb rating of 1.9 whilst the critics are saying its amazing hm.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
And running out of tissues?

Gwadien

Ratings bombing by reactionary idiots.

Or edgy film critics praising a film for being good because it's edgy.

I dunno, I usually find pleb reviews to be better than critic reviews.

As you said before, it's the critics that will arse lick the Avengers for example.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The bit that made me turn it off was where the kids get caught by a couple of security guards who then ogle them doing their dance, the director making sure the viewer gets a good look at an 11 years old's arse, stomach and tits.

Very strange film.

There is an underlying theme of the film I suppose but the movie doesn't really concentrate on it enough, the main girl is brought up quite a strict Muslim and I guess she is trying to break free of that, or something.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The bit that made me turn it off was where the kids get caught by a couple of security guards who then ogle them doing their dance, the director making sure the viewer gets a good look at an 11 years old's arse, stomach and tits.

Very strange film.

There is an underlying theme of the film I suppose but the movie doesn't really concentrate on it enough, the main girl is brought up quite a strict Muslim and I guess she is trying to break free of that, or something.
To be fair kids have been shown off like this for decades. That bernet kid that was killed in the usa Shows that. Maybe the film is made to make you feel uncomfortable to show that these kids are being exploited and shouldnt be in those situations.

not watched it. Not wanted to watch it really. But i imagine thats what was done. Either that or they are just a bunch of pervs lol

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
The writer /director has said that it is partially autobiographical, she is Muslim and grew up in Paris herself, and had those same pressures. I've not watched it, and have no interest, but I would agree with Scouse that the vast majority of the scores on imdb will be by people who haven't watched it, but are disgusted none the less.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
New Borat movie is now on Amazon Prime if anyone was looking for something to watch tonight.
Watching it now, fucking hell.

Love the Melania/tRump cartoon, just cried at the dancing bit, he grabbed her by the vagine (doing a fucking waltz or someshit)

Gwadien

New Borat movie is now on Amazon Prime if anyone was looking for something to watch tonight.

I thought the scene with the Jews was pretty moving tbh, her reaction was amazing considering what she had been through.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I put my middle finger in my cunt

Fucking hell. I love this film so much. So much of it is wrong but right at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom