Votes: 3 4.8%
  • None

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Well as i explained before for me i work in the public sector so it feels like every year i am worse off as i fight for my job and when i dont lose it i end up with a new job that's 2 or more previous jobs combined, for less money. We are soon reaching breaking point with Childrens Services, NHS, ect ect. I just cant stand this crap im spoon fed about being in it all together as that is obviously not true

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's always been about the quality of the rimming.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It is an awkward truth that there are genetic differences between races. Though I like to think humans will only achieve perfection when we are completely mixed.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It is an awkward truth that there are genetic differences between races. Though I like to think humans will only achieve perfection when we are completely mixed.
I'm not sticking up for the guy at all who is obviously a nasty prick but Islam isn't a race.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm not sticking up for the guy at all who is obviously a nasty prick but Islam isn't a race.

Neither is having brown skin; we're all part of the human race.

Trouble is, defining racism on the word "race" is a bit silly. The word means far more than discrimination based on human features. Despite the fact that they're visually identical, an Englishman slagging off an Irishman is clearly racist.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yes, but we need to invent another word, because racism is far, far more dangerous thing than calling someone a paki and using at such dilutes it's true potential.

Gumbo

FH is my second home

There's an amazingly small difference between all of us genetically. Download and listen to the Infinite monkey cage episode podcast on race from a few weeks ago. It's enlightening.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Agree but you only need a slight change in DNA to be quite different.

Job

Look up races, it's not based on any actual science...they still have negroid.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
No such thing as "race"; genetics has completely discredited racial theory; in practical terms all of us who aren't Africans are remarkably genetically homogeneous. All that matters is culture.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Regardless of how meaningless the concept is a race is definately not something you can convert to.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
He has refused to state how he might benefit from it too

I wonder whos name its in nowadays

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I imagine it has already benefitted him throughout his life.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Or, that despite their huge faults, they are far less dangerous than letting Labour in?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Or, that despite their huge faults, they are far less dangerous than letting Labour in?

Not really the point - but if Corbyn got do you reckon he'd shonk the protectorates? I mean, if he managed to boost UK income by the projected £7bn a year that'd be a nice start.

Tories'll never do that. It'd be like punching themselves in the face. And as much as I don't like Corbyn, I really dislike being ruled by people who are fucking us over and laughing about it, whilst blaming us, rather than themselves.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yes he probably would but then he would ruin everything else in the process.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Alright I may be wrong about this but here's what I think about this. If David Cameron's father set up a tax fund for international investors in a tax haven, that seems perfectly reasonable to me. After all, if you're a US resident, you pay tax on the profits you receive from that fund the instant they enter the US, right? Same with the UK (I presume). And the same for most people in most countries in the world.

So if you set up that investment fund in the UK, as an investor, you'd pay tax on the profit derived while in the UK, and then more tax once those profits land in whatever country you reside. So you'd be paying two lots of tax. So it makes perfect sense to me to set these funds up in jurisdictions that have very low or no taxes at all - because unless you reside in one of these jurisdictions, at some point, the money you've made from that fund will be taxed.

So if I've got that right, what's the big deal with people doing things like that? Obviously if they're sneaking money out of the country in a mattress in the back of an old XJ400, that's well dodgy. But if they're just availing themselves of a means to not be taxed twice, I don't see the issue - as long as when the money finally arrives at their home, they pay the correct amount of tax there.

Job

Corbyn doing Galastonbury, he really has been in a trotsky bubble if he thinks that festival is anything but a tory, yellow welly fest.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Alright I may be wrong about this but here's what I think about this. If David Cameron's father set up a tax fund for international investors in a tax haven, that seems perfectly reasonable to me. After all, if you're a US resident, you pay tax on the profits you receive from that fund the instant they enter the US, right? Same with the UK (I presume). And the same for most people in most countries in the world.

So if you set up that investment fund in the UK, as an investor, you'd pay tax on the profit derived while in the UK, and then more tax once those profits land in whatever country you reside. So you'd be paying two lots of tax. So it makes perfect sense to me to set these funds up in jurisdictions that have very low or no taxes at all - because unless you reside in one of these jurisdictions, at some point, the money you've made from that fund will be taxed.

So if I've got that right, what's the big deal with people doing things like that? Obviously if they're sneaking money out of the country in a mattress in the back of an old XJ400, that's well dodgy. But if they're just availing themselves of a means to not be taxed twice, I don't see the issue - as long as when the money finally arrives at their home, they pay the correct amount of tax there.

Because rich people.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Because it is a problem, we do lose lots of money out of it; it doesn't matter if it's the big businesses or a small business owner doing it to save a little bit of tax, it's still wrong.

Especially so since the Government acknowledges this, and says they need to do something about it, for David Camerons inheritance being tax free.

Or Immigrants.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Because it is a problem, we do lose lots of money out of it; it doesn't matter if it's the big businesses or a small business owner doing it to save a little bit of tax, it's still wrong.

It's wrong not to want to be taxed on the same money twice? That's like me paying income tax on my annual profit, and then being taxed at the same rate on my drawings.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
There are double tax agreements in place to prevent double taxation.

You would receive a rebate or not be taxed in another country.

So thats not the reason for these havens. The reason is to avoid tax altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom