• None

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd definitely say you were an apologist, the biggest one I know, frankly.
That's OK. I'd definitely say you were simplistic and prejudiced, so I guess we're even.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter and all that bollox

Its refreshing to see a politician who actually believes in things rather than just analyzing what the pollsters say he should be believing and spouting that to get elected

I wouldnt vote for him but i couldnt vote when i lived in UK being a dirty foreigner and all anyhoo

(Oh and the IRA are/were mostly a bunch of gangsters and thugs but if you look at British military and policing in region im surprised they werent much worse tbh)

Talivar

Part of the furniture
The IRA methods are not good but is their initial intention really that bad? To be free of what they perceived to be their oppressors

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Well its the 100 year anniversary of the 1916 rising so expect a big party in dublin this easter :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Isn't the building that it all kicked off in a pub now too? That should be a great night out.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It was a veiled criticism of Stop The War and thereby Jeremy Corbyn who won't distance himself from STWC when even long-time pacifists and lefties like Peter Tatchell say they are wrong.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It was a veiled criticism of Stop The War and thereby Jeremy Corbyn who won't distance himself from STWC when even long-time pacifists and lefties like Peter Tatchell say they are wrong.
Labour are saying it was serial offending.

But even so, meh. I'm struggling to give a fuck. I watched the debate yesterday on universal credit. That's much more of an issue than a minor reshuffle of the opposition...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I do find it cute that labour are debating such things in full knowledge that it makes no difference, they will never be in power in their current set up.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah. But I like this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35242876

:)

Oh, and @Raven:
I do find it cute that labour are debating such things in full knowledge that it makes no difference, they will never be in power in their current set up.
latest

Beendun, I know. But you've gotta be saying that stuff like, eight times a day, or something...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The IRA methods are not good but is their initial intention really that bad? To be free of what they perceived to be their oppressors

Which IRA? The original IRA or the Provos? The former...OK, (although not a free pass by any means), the latter, no..scumbags who basically devolved into a extortion gang.

Well its the 100 year anniversary of the 1916 rising so expect a big party in dublin this easter :p

Oh you can imagine how much I'm looking forward to Easter. :rolleyes:

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I only mean the original and as you say it still doesn't excuse the methods used

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Doesnt excuse anyone's methods but the reality is, if people didnt take other peoples land then there would be a much smaller chance of those people doing extreme things to you in retaliation (said very small instead of none as there is always a small minority with an axe to grind, real or imagined)
Its all Cause and Effect

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No. Terrorist scumbags. Nobody should ever wage a war against the public.
You could easily argue that without it then apartheid would probably still be in force.

Terrorism works. Without the atrocities in SA I don't think the eyes of the world would have been focussed there quite so hard.

I remember reading an article in New Scientist (which I can't find) where some bloke had done the work and found that only when there was a threat of violence do governments really take notice and that peaceful protest rarely works.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Doesnt excuse anyone's methods but the reality is, if people didnt take other peoples land then there would be a much smaller chance of those people doing extreme things to you in retaliation (said very small instead of none as there is always a small minority with an axe to grind, real or imagined)
Its all Cause and Effect
Let's cast out the Normans!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You could easily argue that without it then apartheid would probably still be in force.

Terrorism works. Without the atrocities in SA I don't think the eyes of the world would have been focussed there quite so hard.

I remember reading an article in New Scientist (which I can't find) where some bloke had done the work and found that only when there was a threat of violence do governments really take notice and that peaceful protest rarely works.

Violence against the state or military can be justified in certain situations but not against people trying to buy a newspaper and a tin of cat food.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Violence against the state or military can be justified in certain situations but not against people trying to buy a newspaper and a tin of cat food.
I'd agree with you but it's the violence against the public that creates the most terror...

...hence terrorism.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Alanis Morisette wants a word, she's working on lyrics for a new song and wants some inspiration.
And sitting on my cock will help her?

Any hole's a goal I guess. Give her my number...

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
So this morning Corbachev has been on the Andrew Marr show and suggested:

- We keep the Trident submarines so we can keep the workforce, but don't put any warheads in them.
- We reach an agreement with Argentina over the Falklands. You know, the Falklands which recently overwhelmingly voted to remain part of the UK?
- ISIS may have some good points, so we should open dialogue with them. O....K....

I can see all 3 of those being popular with the electorate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom