The Force Awakens

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
to expand on dagaffer's comment earlier
about Rey having previous training, what if thats true? what if she was one of luke's new trainee's that somehow managed to survive kylo ren's massacre, and because she was young luke blocked out her memories and dumped her on jakku as a way to protect her i mean i dont recall how young she was when she was left there is it even mentioned? it would be a good plot device to utilize to explain her affinity for the force

Talivar

Part of the furniture
From the reactions so far the vast majority seem to have enjoyed it atleast so i cant see them messing with the formula too much for the next one.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
From the reactions so far the vast majority seem to have enjoyed it atleast so i cant see them messing with the formula too much for the next one.

If they don't change the formula I won't enjoy it. I'm willing to forgive the lazy writing and blatant storyline rip from ANH and RotJ but only for this movie. I want progression, not repeats.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
You nerd noob, the sun was dimmed by the first use and extinguished by the second. You should have been paying attention instead of worrying about birds nicking your seeds or toilet rolls being on the wrong way around.
I honestly didn't pick up on that, I missed some bits from grinding my teeth so hard. So what would of happened if they weren't defeated, without the sun they would of all died as well. Fucks sake.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I honestly didn't pick up on that, I missed some bits from grinding my teeth so hard. So what would of happened if they weren't defeated, without the sun they would of all died as well. Fucks sake.

They fly the base to another Star System, or build another Starkiller base in a new system. As I said, economics isn't a thing in Star Wars

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
But you have to reveal some sort of background to what we are talking about otherwise it makes no sense,
touching a light sabre then monging out for a minute doesn't do that, yes we know there are other films but this is a film on it's own and there needs to be some explanation to who she is not just some bird with a stick from Downton Abbey who all of a sudden (without any prior warning) is fucking Yoda.

Why do you have to reveal background info? We know about The Force, we know she's displaying unlikely levels of ability, to the point where most people are saying; "A lot more than Luke Skywalker showed". Does it not occur to you that its a deliberate plot point? That you're supposed to be going "WTF?" Same with Finn; even he comments on his ability with a blaster; which is as good a way as any of telling the audience something peculiar is going on.

Now, this is JJ Abrams, so its entirely possible that he'll fuck up the big reveal - evidence: Lost, Star Trek:Into Darkness - but I'm prepared to give the benefit of the doubt until the end of episode IX, because he also showed he can do clever reveals with Fringe and Alias

Lethul

FH is my second home
That annoyed me a bit, wouldn't everyone die if the sun went out?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Where did the mass go?

Inside the planet, which is why it collapsed and became a star when the weapon failed.

But come one, this is Star Wars, where giant worms live in asteroids.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Yes, come on, it's not like we all really think the kessel run is actual doable in 12 parsecs.

it's 14 maximum!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
well I think that was the point wasn't it, it was about getting it done with shortest distance covered?
I was drunk both times when I watched it. Must have missed that they'd fixed it :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Still not seen it. Waiting for a decent non pay option. I am patient. Playing marvel avengers 2 no need to wait for star wars

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
That's that family from 'Making a Murderer', isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom