The FH Reputation System: My Findings So Far

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Sharkith said:
you keep using 'I' in everything you say. Most males do that, women tend not to - and the result is quite different tone to what you say. Think about it ;) - Puppet does have a legitimate point all joking aside :)

he's speaking for himself - what's wrong with that? :)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
he's speaking for himself - what's wrong with that? :)

not sure where I said there was anything wrong with that? :) All I suggested was think about it. ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Sharkith said:
not sure where I said there was anything wrong with that? :) All I suggested was think about it. ;)

The way you'd posted it seemed to be a criticism ;) should think about it ;)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
The way you'd posted it seemed to be a criticism ;) should think about it ;)

Why be so sensitive though? Its an interesting remark thats all. For example:

Belomar said:
Some interesting points in this thread now. First of all, let me note that my initial post was written from my own view of the rep system, and like I say in that post, rep points can serve as an encouragement to people to continue "contributing" to the forum (whatever that means)--they certainly do for me. So thus, naturally one motivation for this thread was to earn some reputation points, provided people appreciated it. It seems they did, and so I was rewarded accordingly. However, in my opinion, this thread does contain useful information that is not immediately obvious to FH users, so it seems to me that the system worked in this instance.

Could have been written as:

Some interesting points in this thread now. First of all the initial post was written from from one perspective on the rep system. As indicated in that post, rep points can serve as an encouragement to people to continue "contributing" to the forum (whatever that means). So thus, naturally one motivation for this thread was to earn some reputation points, provided people appreciated it. It seems they did. However, this thread does contain useful information that is not immediately obvious to FH users, so it could be argued that the system worked in this instance.

Whats the difference? The same information is there but the two paragraphs are very different they carry different meaning and one suspicion here is that people might react because of the style - this is of course my opinion and I am almost always prone to being wrong. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom