Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
For people here who might have fallen out of love with F1, the racing this year is absolutely epic!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Definitely a win for the halo. The roll hoop was crushed/ground to nothing, it's unthinkable what would've happened if the halo hadn't been there.

u92k0bp6pe991.jpg

6wazpqjx6d991.jpg

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's been a heavy weekend ....

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Alonso replacing Vettel at Aston Martin next year, which is...interesting. Feels like there's a whole other story behind this.

This gem from Lawrence Stroll also caught my eye:

"I have known and admired Fernando for many years and it has always been clear that he is a committed winner like me."

What a cunt.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Personally I'm yet to be convinced he would be sitting in that seat if it wasn't the fact his dad owns the team.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The entire enterprise exists because little Lance wanted to drive a racing car. Vettel will keep a steady 2nd car going.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It was an impressive debut race, I'm wondering if the bosses at Williams are currently looking at the contracts to see if Albon can replace Latifi when he's back.

I dunno, I think Williams will probably want Latifi's financial contribution until they get a car that is competitive.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It was an impressive debut race, I'm wondering if the bosses at Williams are currently looking at the contracts to see if Albon can replace Latifi when he's back.
You could toss a coin to decide which one to replace tbh, Albon has been just as bad.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Consider my mind changed, I wasn't expecting such a convincing argument.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Consider my mind changed, I wasn't expecting such a convincing argument.

Good.

I mean they have a shit car compared to everyone else, Latifi finishes last every time and way behind the pace of everyone else.

Albon has some points, lol.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So let's see what happens:

Fuck all. Much as it would be hilarious if they gave RB a ten point penalty, the FIA doesn't want to reopen the giant shitshow that was the 2021 championship. So it will be something meaningless like a five point penalty.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The fine is irrelevant to RB, the 10% less development time is a stiffer punishment.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Or they can just overspend again.

I doubt it to be honest.... money isn't the issue here (for RB it's chicken feed tbh) ... it's the R&D allowance which is more easily policed than the cash and certainly more painful to an F1 team. It's no use spending shitloads to build 1000 different front wings if they are all a shit design...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom