Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He's a selfish prick, all the times Perez has helped him out (in particular Abu Dhabi last season) and he's too full of himself to give him a point or 2 back to help him finish 2nd in the Championship.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I mean they told him at least twice, like you said the help Perez has given at times.

Embattle

FH is my second home
From the Beeb:

Just before the end of the 71-lap race, Max Verstappen was told by his engineer to let Red Bull team-mate Sergio Perez through if he couldn't pass Fernando Alonso. The Dutchman declined and said he had already made his feelings clear on the matter.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think he was just salty that he was 10th and not 1st.

Even though he's already won the WC, ridiculous really.

Embattle

FH is my second home
From Guardian:

Sergio Perez is asked about his Red Bull teammate Max Verstappen refusing to give him that place back: “I was told to let him by, that I was going to get back the position …

What is it about? “No idea, no idea, maybe you should ask him about it. Nothing to say really. After all I’ve done for him, it’s a bit disappointing, to be honest.

“I have no idea. I’m really surprised.”

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Didn't like him much in the past, but I am now gutted he is leaving. I nice interview:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ViXRMPb3cE

Danke Seb (y)

Edit: won't embed, but take a look if you want :)

Most of the bollocks is engineered by the F1 leadership to drive viewers. In reality, all the drivers do actually get along (mostly) Just highly competitive individuals, all gloves are off on the track.

Edit, anyway, your video has been blocked by "Formula one management" probably because they can't monetise it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Most of the bollocks is engineered by the F1 leadership to drive viewers. In reality, all the drivers do actually get along (mostly) Just highly competitive individuals, all gloves are off on the track.

Edit, anyway, your video has been blocked by "Formula one management" probably because they can't monetise it.

What nah.

Fake rivalries are cos of drive to survive.

Obviously they hate each other during a race.

Ocon is the worst for it, he seems like the loveliest guy, when he puts his helmet on he turns into a massive dickhead.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What nah.

Fake rivalries are cos of drive to survive.

Obviously they hate each other during a race.

Ocon is the worst for it, he seems like the loveliest guy, when he puts his helmet on he turns into a massive dickhead.

Schumacher was the biggest penis on the track, but seemingly a lovely chap off it.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Great quali session that one!!

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah but top position was same old same old.
Yeah, can't deny that although the gap is closing... I can see that for many this season is boring AF but the battles throughout the field are epic.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Race of 2 halves - that safety car set it off !

Embattle

FH is my second home
Race of 2 halves - that safety car set it off !

Parts were undoubtedly good but the same winner, it was bad under Hamilton but this is even worse but hopefully there are some signs of others closing the gap.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I kind of think the total lack of action in this thread says it all, it was one of the most boring seasons ever.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not had much interest since they manufactured the 2021 championship.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I was checked out about 6 races in when the outcome was obvious.
Mostly stuck to YT highlights/ the odd race in full.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I used to watch it religiously but I've been checked out for about 20 years now. The 'racing' just isn't interesting enough. Especially when you watch other motorsports.

F1 would attract zero people if it wasn't for the glitz and glamour functions.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've enjoyed the season. There, I've said it.

'Then Jup' you all ask, 'why haven't you been posting about it??'

Quite simply, you need to be 'into it' enough to find interest from the top to the bottom of the grid, not just the headliners. Posting about it would open the flood gates of 'blah blah, boring, Max, blah blah' which I do understand on the one hand, but also disagree with. Team developments through the year have been fascinating... false dawns for Merc, a strong start for Aston Martin, a marvellous recovery from McLaren, Williams finding some great pace in certain conditions, Alpha Tauri driver battles and intrigue, Ongoing woes at Haas, and Ferrari strengths being undone by their own operational failings.

Been plenty for someone like me to enjoy, but you won't find it in many of the highlight reels.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I've enjoyed the season. There, I've said it.

'Then Jup' you all ask, 'why haven't you been posting about it??'

Quite simply, you need to be 'into it' enough to find interest from the top to the bottom of the grid, not just the headliners. Posting about it would open the flood gates of 'blah blah, boring, Max, blah blah' which I do understand on the one hand, but also disagree with. Team developments through the year have been fascinating... false dawns for Merc, a strong start for Aston Martin, a marvellous recovery from McLaren, Williams finding some great pace in certain conditions, Alpha Tauri driver battles and intrigue, Ongoing woes at Haas, and Ferrari strengths being undone by their own operational failings.

Been plenty for someone like me to enjoy, but you won't find it in many of the highlight reels.
Yeah but Red Bull are fucking awful. The most deeply unlikeable team in F1.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It does say something when this piece of news is one of the most interesting things to happen in F1 for a long time.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Why are F1 races on Saturdays now? Not that I care much; this is the first season in 45 years of watching F1 (Silverstone, 1979, Clay Regazzoni, Williams first win) that I give zero shits about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom