Formula 1 The F1 jibber jabber thread.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The other F1isdoomedthread was a bit depressing so a new optimistic thread!

BMW is quitting!

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd put money on someone like Hyundai buying them, backed by middle east money, based on Brawns coup.

(20p max bet)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Heh I said this could happen on the sunday of the race.

BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula 1 | Schumacher makes shock F1 return

Michael Schumacher will make a shock return to Formula 1 to replace injured Ferrari driver Felipe Massa.
The seven-time world champion, 40, retired at the end of 2006 but has agreed to drive at the European Grand Prix in Valencia on 23 August.
Massa fractured his skull in Hungarian GP qualifying and may be out for the rest of the year.
Schumacher, who is a Ferrari advisor said; "For team loyalty reasons I can't ignore this unfortunate situation."

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well he doesn't have the best car for once, so I guess we will all see just how good he is. I'm hoping he will prove just how awesome he is.

taB

Part of the furniture
Well he doesn't have the best car for once, so I guess we will all see just how good he is. I'm hoping he will prove just how awesome he is.

It's a bloody big win for the sponsors. I wonder how many more people will be glued to the screen because of this legend :) Can't wait to see how he fares myself.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!

No matter what, no matter if you like him or not it is clear he is an uber driver. Just simply amazing.

I do like him and so did my dad, he hated him then all of a sudden he loved him.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Of course the dirty hun was beating out brave boys ( mansell + hill + coulthard ).

Supreme driver. I hope he's still got it.
Raikkonen did bag 3rd last weekend so the car is definitely competitive.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Of course the dirty hun was beating out brave boys ( mansell + hill + coulthard ).

Supreme driver. I hope he's still got it.
Raikkonen did bag 3rd last weekend so the car is definitely competitive.

Don't forget the cheating part. Dirty german. I hope he now loose big time when he doesn't drive the best car.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It is subject to passing a physical, which is iffy as he injured his neck earlier in the year, but I do hope this happens as it could be a right blast :)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
recon he'll still be good, it's just whether or not he is physically fit enough to handle an f1 car/ race.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Raikkonen actually came second in Hungary my bad, although Webber had pit issues it still shows the Ferraris are not too far off with a 4 week gap coming up ( although all teams are taking 2 weeks off ).

( Schumacher has 4 weeks to get his fitness back to peak, and although he cannot drive the 2009 spec car, he can drive a 2008 car to get back into the swing of things ).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Sky sports are reporting that Schumacher has called off his return to f1, no further details yet. :(

edit:// the beeb sports ticker is reporting it is because of his neck injury.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Räikkönen would be loving this, even if he can show less emotion then a freakin' depressed batman :D

Oh yeah and "Go Finland!" and all that :p

EDIT: Missed Ch3ts post :(

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Ferrari name Luca Badoer as replacement driver after Michael Schumacher ruled out

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Sick race from Barichello and lol @ Badoer.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Sick race from Barichello and lol @ Badoer.

I thought it was so cool when finishing his victory lap, he pulled into the pits with people either side of him cheering him on till he parked his car, from all teams to. im sure that'll be a memory to keep.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Räikkönen would be loving this, even if he can show less emotion then a freakin' depressed batman :D

Oh yeah and "Go Finland!" and all that :p

EDIT: Missed Ch3ts post :(

Kimi hadn't heard the news yet. He was taking a shit.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
So - had to pop out to the dentist and hence missed the qualifying, but ok says me, I'll catch it on iplayer.

*logs onto bbc.co.uk*

*sees large banner on the main site saying 'watch the belgian GP qualifying'*

*clicks it expecting to be linked over to the appropriate iplayer page*

*screams in anger as Belgian qualifying results page is thrust under his nose*

What a fucking incompetent and totally bollocking useless shitty pile of crab-ridden monkey-arsed dickhead moronic fucking muppets!!!

*sigh*

:(

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It's an awesome yet hilarious grid lineup.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Renault charged over 2008s' Singapore race where Piquet caused a safety car right after Alonso had pitted.

Spankaroo time, I wonder how they found out, maybe something to do with why they kept Piquet for so long despite him being shit?

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Renault charged over 2008s' Singapore race where Piquet caused a safety car right after Alonso had pitted.

Spankaroo time, I wonder how they found out, maybe something to do with why they kept Piquet for so long despite him being shit?

Renault's comment sort of reads "Bollocks, they caught us":
Renault F1 said:
The ING Renault F1 Team acknowledges the FIA's request for representatives of the team to appear before the FIA World Motor Sport Council in Paris on the 21st of September 2009, before attending the hearing the team will not make any further comment.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
If found guilty, will their punishment be harsher than spygate?
Deliberately fucking over a race ( and the points+money it means ) + risking driver safety + bringing the sport into disrepute seems a lot worse than nicking Ferraris aeropackage.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
They'll be thrown out of this season if guilty. Thats if they go by the book.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Makes you wonder who was involved and how.

1. Flavio : the guy is not much short of a business genius, but this wouldn't have been the first time he's pulled some fixing strings. After all, he was more than likely just as involved, or even more so, in the Schumacher/Hill 1994 incident.

2. NPJ has some gripes to air. So he's aired them and this is the result.

3. Alonso - as much as I dislike the jumped up shit, I'm not sure he'd have been involved with this sort of thing. We need to see his sort remain in F1.

4. NPJ is complaining he never got a fair crack of the whip, obviously. I don't think the guy has it in F1, regardless of his previous achievements in other racing series. Just because you're fairly good in F3 doesn't automatically make you race winning material in F1. Despite this, I still would like someone to give him a chance to prove himself on allegedly more equal terms. There's a spot at Force India....

5. Punishment. I can't imagine it being too harsh, tbh. Let's face it, Flavio has his tongue in many places - and this is also the chap once most favoured to be doing Moseley's job.
In F1 that is, no whipping involved.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

3. Alonso - as much as I dislike the jumped up shit, I'm not sure he'd have been involved with this sort of thing. We need to see his sort remain in F1.

Alonso had to know, why else would he run a short pit stop strategy from 15th on the grid? The only way it works is if Alonso pits first.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Trouble is, proving it. Did he have to know? His boss said jump - he said how high. Doesn't mean he knew by any means, he's just abiding by his team strategy :/

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I lolled, Renault are claiming they will sue Piquet and his father.

Also megalollzer Button and Fisichella ( in his shiny new Ferrari livery at the bottom of the practice session times. The red bulls down there as well.

It's going to be funny if Button wins simply because Force India/Mercedes/Toyota/etc are stopping the red bulls / Barrichello from getting any points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom