The community Vs Dwera/Grivne

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
This game generates to much agression, i bet NONE of you would tell your real life friends/work mates to "QQ MORE NOOB!" etc, if you heard them whining about anything, so why do it here? - surely its more fun bullying someone as a group, but keep doing it is just acting childish.

afaik most people here are 17-25ish, so should atleast have some commen sence.

allso as dwera included in his movie:

xxxxxx laughs at you!
xxxxxx laughs at you!
xxxxxx laughs at you!
xxxxxx laughs at you!
xxxxxx laughs at you!
xxxxxx laughs at you!
xxxxxx laughs at you!
xxxxxx laughs at you!
xxxxxx laughs at you! <-- Majority of this server

He has a point, it is the majority, we rather make fun of people, than say "damn, well played".

Just saying, be abit nicer to one and another, would make the game more fun.

Corran

Part of the furniture
nuky said:
this thread title should be edited by a mod or somethin too, it in its own right is just rediculous as obviously a large amount of the 'community' have no beef with griv

Aye the thread may not been the best but there been a fair number of people involved so i thought it do. It close enough and doesnt detrack from the point of the thread unlike some. Stop being picky :touch: :p

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
What's the deal with Grivne/Rowena anyway, wasn't it just another roleplay relationship? Like those controversial firbolg/elf love affairs. If people are getting worked up and taking offence at such petty acts, they need to check themselves and not the fool making these chars.

I cant answer for Rowena, but i thought of our relationship was based on more then just a game. Sure, we roleplayed ingame...but we shared alot of things that is of no ones concern but ours.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe Grivne ought to apologize for bullying Albs in his video.

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
'-No references that degrade other players' characters or GOA personnel.'

Making 1 mid character could be considerd a joke.. since they obviously couldnt keep it at that lvl I SAY BAN!! :flame:

If they cant ban cheaters can they atleast ban people thats harassing and degrades other players..

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
The char name was just idiotic.

As for Grivne as a person, i have known him for.. urgh don't even know for how long. But a long time ingame ^^. we have xp'ed, RvR and farmed together and i have had long chats with him. The thing i noticed is that he has an inability to cool down after being ganked/killed before he starts talking and you really dont want to disagree to much with him when he is on a roll. But he usually calms down and gives an apology if needed.
Guess you could call him "passionate" about DAoC ;)
So imho a little friendly teasing wont hurt :p but be nice.

/PS ohhh ye, he is a stubborn mofo too :p

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
Maybe Grivne ought to apologize for bullying Albs in his video.

I didnt bully any albs in my movie, it was aimed at the whole server.

Except for the ones at loch and that was to give a lil 'pay back' after how she treats me on irc.
And I wont apologise for that unless i get an apology from loch.

snoz

Loyal Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:

Except for the ones at loch and that was to give a lil 'pay back' after how she treats me on irc.
loch has a huuuuuuuuuuge ego imo :) deserves any flame she get

Still shes nice, i like her.

Loch: "In all the time i played i have won 99% of my fights" jajaja :)

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
snoz said:

loch pwnd me she was rez sick and unbuffed not like me :<

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:

So in turn, you're a **** in IRC, so, if others are a **** to you, it's justified and you have no right to whine?

Alot of people in this thread have said this already but I feel the need to say it again. It's just a game. Anyone going out of their way to make characters like that is sad. But then at the same time, anyone taking offense at that is far too sensitive to play an online game and should sit at home with headphones and padded clothing on listening to audio tapes of 'Rainbow' or something.

This is such a trivial matter yet we have people saying shit like "What if Griuvne kills himself?". Ha, please.

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
Dook said:
Alot of people in this thread have said this already but I feel the need to say it again. It's just a game. Anyone going out of their way to make characters like that is sad. But then at the same time, anyone taking offense at that is far too sensitive to play an online game and should sit at home with headphones and padded clothing on listening to audio tapes of 'Rainbow' or something.

agree completely, but i am guessing u haven't seen the stories over the past x amount of years of really how messed up some people on the internet actually are though? :p (not that i am saying griv is, but in a lot of cases u never really know until its too late)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
GrivneKelmorian said:

Well, if thats not bullying, making a char with a name as mentioned isnt bullying either imo.

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
I like Dwera leave him alone :mad:

Always gives me a /wave /hug /kiss when I pass him on my theurgist if he cant attack me (puts the fear of God into me, worried ill get PA'd and be dead 2secs l8r).

Should pick on Evo imo ( ;) ) for whining at apks camping apk :p

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
nuky said:
agree completely, but i am guessing u haven't seen the stories over the past x amount of years of really how messed up some people on the internet actually are though? :p (not that i am saying griv is, but in a lot of cases u never really know until its too late)

If he is that messed up then that's not really my problem though.

He comes into the public domain and spouts cuntish nonsense. Severely disturbed or not, he's gonna get flamed for it. It's a natural human response to sting someone causing you discomfort/annoyance.

Loch

Fledgling Freddie
snoz said:

:fluffle:

Btw, making random chars was going too far, I'll fully admit that I dislike grivne cos he whines constantly and about everything, never coming up with decent arguments for his whine and generally acting retarded/like a spoilt child, but..
anyone taking it to that kinna level is even worse then him tbh

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Grivne joined IRC today... and it was only about 10 seconds before he blessed us with this little gem...

[17:40] <+Evolved> that true Grivne|afk, you said "if i met derric irl i would beat the shit out of him like i've done with all bullys"
[17:41] <@Grivne> Evolved, well...if i had the chance and was pissed off at the moment, i would

So making a char called "Grivne<xxxxwhatever>" is 'harrasment', but threatening to smack someone up in real life, is ok by you Grivne? Retarded double standards like this is one of the reason so many people (on IRC at least) don't like you.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Ethild said:
[17:40] <+Evolved> that true Grivne|afk, you said "if i met derric irl i would beat the shit out of him like i've done with all bullys"
[17:41] <@Grivne> Evolved, well...if i had the chance and was pissed off at the moment, i would

that i said after beeing mocked, provoked, bullyed by derric for way to long. and yes, i was mobbad (dunno word in english, maybe harrassed/bullyed) for my entier childhood and thats how i solved things.

and another thing...i came on irc to talk with a friend, its my foult that someone brought up something that is none of there concern?

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:
that i said after beeing mocked, provoked, bullyed by derric for way to long. and yes, i was mobbad (dunno word in english, maybe harrassed/bullyed) for my entier childhood and thats how i solved things.

So what your saying its OK for you to 'harrass' people if you get annoyed, but if someone gets annoyed with you and tries it back, you will go crying like a girl, or try to 'smack them up irl'.

See previous point about double standards ^^.

Off to pub.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
lure and zerg......

LOL

but other then that constant harressing someone in game / board / irc is total crap

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
Ethild said:
So what your saying its OK for you to 'harrass' people if you get annoyed, but if someone gets annoyed with you and tries it back, you will go crying like a girl, or try to 'smack them up irl'.

See previous point about double standards ^^.

Off to pub.

nooooooooooooooooooooo if u read what he said, it infact does say people were giving him shit, so he didnt take it, and stood up for himself. i think most people would do the same.

some people on these boards need slapped about for half an hour or so, the lack of respect / manners they show to other people is bloody rediculous. (dont mean derric or anyone else in particular :p he actually seems like a decent bloke)

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
It's a game yo !

if people get upset by such silly little things , they need to develop some resiliance or just quit

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:

and another thing...i came on irc to talk with a friend, its my foult that someone brought up something that is none of there concern?

You need to work on your self confidence and your way of percepting things for what they are.
Many times I've just simply questioned your arguments, and got a "fu, you evil bully" back.
You have to understand that if you argue/whine in the way you do (whineposts, comments in the movie for example) people will find that provoking and voice their opinions against you.
If you're not ready, and obviously you're not, to handle that fact you should either learn how to handle it, or tone your opinions down instead of whining about harassment and feeling sorry for yourself.
This entire thread is based upon something in a game, that's what DAoC is, a damn game, and people that can't separate real life from a game most likely need to stop playing.

Rowena

Fledgling Freddie
Okay, this is indeed going a tad bit too far.. yes, a person who whines wont go un-noticed, Grivne does just that, with many more, the whiner then gets asaulted back for it, fair enough, what you get of it..

I did not hate, nor do I hate Grivne now, the person who is being god's foul with the names, well, dont know exactly how to say it, but this will do for now, a pox on him! and just for his information, I know who, and I will see to contact him..

Fight evil, with evil.. dunno who said that, nor do i care, it will be my way for this.

Thank you Cor, love you, and the rest of you who I ever walked and talked with..

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Ok, lets not lose sight of something.

I know Griv brings a lot on himself with some illjudged comments from time to time. We all do here and there - I defy anyone thats posted here to not have made an idiot of themselves at times, myself included. However, anyone's feelings towards him or whether they think he deserves what was done is actually completely irrelevant.

The names chosen for those chars were deliberately chosen in such a way that they would bite deep and cause harm. It was quite obviously not done in fun, it was done to be as nasty as possible.

THATS what this is about, NOT whether Grivne is Mr. Freddyhouse 2004.

The reason I think the account(s) should be banned or suspended is that they were obviously temp chars solely made for this purpose and simply having the owner(s) change the names is not a punishment at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom