The Chinese are coming (apparently)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I've been quietly shitting my pants about China.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Not gonna happen, US owes china too much money, and the chinese economy dissapears overnight as it's too reliant on the US.

tldr, they're both completely and utterly fucked without the other.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
David Icke has one weird and twisted imagination. He was (is?) the son of God afterall.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
WE WILL FIGHT THEM ON DARK AGE OF CAMELOT
WE WILL FIGHT THEM ON WORLD OF WARCRAFT
WE WILL FIGHT THEM ON RIFT!

oh, wait, I mean...

WE WILL FARM FOR THEM ON DARK AGE OF CAMELOT
WE WILL FARM FOR THEM ON WORLD OF WARCRAFT
WE WILL FARM FOR THEM ON RIFT!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
China would be butt raped in any prolonged war with America, their boots on the ground is simply too big to sustain to any fighting fitness, overseas.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If anyone has to worry about China, its Russia, not the West.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
China would be butt raped in any prolonged war with America, their boots on the ground is simply too big to sustain to any fighting fitness, overseas.

You are making the assumption that America can afford to fight a prolonged war with China and it cannot. They are $15 trillion in the hole, devaluing thier currency at an astonishing rate in a desperate attempt to hang on to the reigns of the world economy but the truth is that thier time is almost up.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
People talk about America like it's their god given right to be the world superpower, it isn't the case hell they were gonna stay out of ww2 until they got bombed by the Japs as they were in a massive recession.

Alot of their tech is out of date like the battleships they use have been in service on and off since 1942

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Pfft, what a load of bollocks. The U.S is just about bankrupt, it's already lost it's AAA rating (Google it). A war between the two would cause the complete collapse of the U.S economy and since China are currently a big creditor nation any collapse of the American economy would have a massive effect on the Chinese economy. It's just not feasible.

However, if they did have a war the U.S would win, no doubt about it. Just look at what happened in WW2. the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour and America went beserk, figuratively speaking. They threw everything they had at Japan and it wouldn't be any different today with China. Plus, and I don't know what Punishment is on about here, their tech is far superior and I don't car how many troops the Chinese can call upon, the fact is most of them would be using the Chinese versions of the Russian AK series, be it assault rifles or machine guns and compared to those at least the American armament it far superior.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I hear ak's don't jam in hot conditions like some more "advanced rifles" *cough*

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Asia is the future, Japan just has to catch up again now, the days of the west being a superpower are over.

Russia is also 1 of the top dogs also, look at debt calculators and future debt in 10 years, Asia and Russ are glowing green ....

Pfft, what a load of bollocks. The U.S is just about bankrupt, it's already lost it's AAA rating (Google it). A war between the two would cause the complete collapse of the U.S economy and since China are currently a big creditor nation any collapse of the American economy would have a massive effect on the Chinese economy. It's just not feasible.

However, if they did have a war the U.S would win, no doubt about it. Just look at what happened in WW2. the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour and America went beserk, figuratively speaking. They threw everything they had at Japan and it wouldn't be any different today with China. Plus, and I don't know what Punishment is on about here, their tech is far superior and I don't car how many troops the Chinese can call upon, the fact is most of them would be using the Chinese versions of the Russian AK series, be it assault rifles or machine guns and compared to those at least the American armament it far superior.
China mostly use the QBZ-95 rather than the type 56 riffle (ak57 copy) as a standard issue riffle.

DaGaffer

Interesting thing about the Americans, they literally don't know how to quit; there's no mechanism in their constitution to allow them to surrender. Hasn't stopped them losing wars in the past though, they just don't allow themselves to admit it.

If they fought China now, they'd win, but it would be a phyrric victory as they'd have to go nuclear (they simply couldn't hold China with the forces they have, and China has much deeper resources to draw on than the Japanese had in WWII) and they would destroy their own economy in the process. If they fought China 20-25 years from now; you'd have to say that at the pace of current development, China would win; they'll catch up in technology and then its just numbers, and China will always win at that game.

Asia is the future, Japan just has to catch up again now, the days of the west being a superpower are over.

Russia is also 1 of the top dogs also, look at debt calculators and future debt in 10 years, Asia and Russ are glowing green ....

China mostly use the QBZ-95 rather than the type 56 riffle (ak57 copy) as a standard issue riffle.

Problem with Russia is that its infrastructure is fucked, its population is fucked (its actually in pretty steep decline, and everyone is moving to Moscow or St.Petersberg), and its not doing much with all that money to fix it, unless Abramovich's yachts are aircraft carriers in disguise. So you have a big empty country, with not enough people to defend it, brimming with natural resources, and you share the longest land border in the world with the country that needs natural resources most. China also doesn't have too many pesky economic tie-ups with Russia (or at least, none that are worth more than all the natural gas in Siberia). Only problem for the Chinese is the Russian nuclear arsenal, which is why China is spending a large chunk of its defence budget on anti-missile systems.

China has no reason to attack the US, and the US would be insane to attack China, but Russia v. China is a whole different story.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

yup
that technological advantage has never, ever, failed them against a more numerous foe.
didnt fail them in Korea, or Vietnam.. certainly didnt fail the Russians in Afghanistan either....

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
On the note of nukes!

Active/total nukes

United States 1,950/8,500
Russia 2,430/11,000
United Kingdom 160/225
China 180/240

DaGaffer

Hang on. Are you saying China has a capitalistic market?

Well it certainly isn't a communist one. The creation of the world's largest middle class is a fair indication they've left their communist principles at the door.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Why on earth would the US and China go to war?

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Aye if you don't hit your target with your first shot you're likely fucked with an AK I've heard, cuz of the recoil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom