The Centre of the Galaxy

Marc

FH is my second home
a technologically advanced race is more likely to utilise wormholes to travel across the cosmos we know the theory and it works we just dont have the know how yet to accomplish it, ie the power consumption. however its a lot simpler than beating the light barrier

also im pretty sure that any civilization that can crack lightspeed would certainly be capable of plotting a safe trajectory

There is no evidence to suggest that wormholes exist at all. Its just the theory of general relativatly. They are just science fiction. You could argue that I can make myself invisible if you apply enough mathematics to it but it doesnt mean it will happen.

As for your last paragraph, aye, if they can crack lightspeed I suppose its fair enough to say they will be able to build spacecraft that can withstand debris that would tear any human spacecraft, flying at lightspeed to bits.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
We don't know if wormholes exist or not. We just don't know. We don't know what happens at the singularity of a black hole. At that point our knowledge of physics breaks down, and compared to wormholes, thats pretty basic knowledge. Alien life-forms possessing vast intellects may regard our intelligence just like you or I might do looking down at an ant and wondering whether something as basic as that could ever evolve into something more intelligent.

We may be so limited in our ability to evolve that that advanced knowledge or comprehension of whats really out there may be forever denied to us.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Alien life-forms possessing vast intellects may regard our intelligence just like you or I might do looking down at an ant and wondering whether something as basic as that could ever evolve into something more intelligent.

That is indeed how we view you earthlings.

BRB, off to mutilate some cattle.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Then why not toss us some links so we can read up on it ourselves?

Least that way you won't come across as a hot air balloon.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
The air of confidence in some people's answers is both baffling and laughable. You are not quantum physicists or astrologists so don't force your ideas on others with the assertion that you know anything at all.

There are indeed some very plausible and sensible arguements amoungst the science community with regards to the universe. However, none of them have been brought up in this thread and I do not wish to invest my time in explaining them to you.

are you a quantum physicist or an astrologist?

The Special One

Fledgling Freddie
The air of confidence in some people's answers is both baffling and laughable. You are not quantum physicists or astrologists so don't force your ideas on others with the assertion that you know anything at all.

There are indeed some very plausible and sensible arguements amoungst the science community with regards to the universe. However, none of them have been brought up in this thread and I do not wish to invest my time in explaining them to you.

Shut up the Dorimor. You are not the Stephen Hawnkings.

Fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom