The Boris Era

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Stop trying to confuse a very simple thing. If people are honest, they're honest.

Is it important to you that politicians try to be as honest as possible?

It's not about any other situation, it's not about the NHS, it's about what you want from a politician, or not.

Answer the very simple yes/no question you giant retarded thundercunt.
Scouse..as everyone can see..I'm asking you what you think honesty is and wether you think it could survive one minute in the real world.
If you think its worth a yes/no answer..then, No I would like to think people were honest all the time, but I live my life presuming they're not and basing the dynamics of the situation to judge the level of honesty I'm getting.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You keep talking @Job - but you seem unable to answer the most basic of yes/no questions.

Is it important to you that politicians try to be as honest as possible?

All the other guff about how you feel they act / want to act / do act is secondary to that. Honestly, I'd be very happy to discuss with you all that stuff afterwards. But until you can answer yes or no to the above - which is about you, not anybody else - then there's no fixed frame of reference.

But that's the problem isn't it? You don't want a fixed frame of reference ...

Edit: Of course, I'm discounting the fact that you may not even understand the question. But I'm pretty sure amoebas would, so giving benefit of doubt...

Job

No its not important to me...
I dont believe its possible.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No its not important to me...
See @dysfunction - it's possible. :)

I dont believe its possible.
I disagree with your assessment that "they're all a bunch of lying bastards". If they are, then there's no point in our political system.

What I would like to see though would be automatic general elections if a certain percentage of election manifesto promises aren't kept to a timescale (though the effect of that would be nobody putting radical reform in a manifesto).

dysfunction

FH is my second home
See @dysfunction - it's possible. :)

I disagree with your assessment that "they're all a bunch of lying bastards". If they are, then there's no point in our political system.

What I would like to see though would be automatic general elections if a certain percentage of election manifesto promises aren't kept to a timescale (though the effect of that would be nobody putting radical reform in a manifesto).

Yes it is but was it worth it?

Job

The EU have repeatedly said.
No more discussion..no more negotiation.

Yesterday..We'll negotiate, but this and that is off the table.

Were they lying?
It wasnt about facts, it was about intent..is that the same thing?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The EU have repeatedly said.
No more discussion..no more negotiation.

Yesterday..We'll negotiate, but this and that is off the table.

Were they lying?
It wasnt about facts, it was about intent..is that the same thing?

They have had a single stance this entire time. They have a deal they are happy with and said they are not changing it. Especially for the bullshit that Boris wants.

Why is this so hard to understand.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
They have had a single stance this entire time. They have a deal they are happy with and said they are not changing it.

Why is this so hard to understand.

Because we're going to be constantly reminded of who's to blame when no deal goes bad :)

Gwadien

It's actually pretty concerning because it gives you an idea of what our relationship with the EU is going to be like after Brexit, I can't see a good trade deal be signed whilst our government will be deflecting the blame onto the EU for the failures.

Job

We're still bang in the middle of brinkmanship.

Or lying as I like to call it.

Gwadien

We're still bang in the middle of brinkmanship.

Or lying as I like to call it.

What are you talking about?

Boris said let's negotiate, the EU said no, we have a deal.

Boris said PLEEEASSEEEEEEEE NEGOTIATE (because we don't want a no deal) The EU said OK, but there's no point because all the things you want are off the table.

THE EU ARE BEING BASTARDS.

It's like they hold all the cards.

Job

Listen to yourselves parroting the remain biased press.

Your like an audience at a pantomime.

Gwadien

He is the clever one in the room.

You know how you believe that that the world is taking on the libtard bullshit, could you let me know when that process has finished?

Thanks.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Listen to yourselves parroting the remain biased press.

Your like an audience at a pantomime.

You keep mentioning the press is remain but isnt most of the UK press run by right wing billionaires in favor of leaving?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You keep mentioning the press is remain but isnt most of the UK press run by right wing billionaires in favor of leaving?
He bridles at any news source that isn't as rightwing as him, dismissing them as part of the libtard globsl elite conspiracy. Whatever that means.

Gwadien

Hence why Corbyn hasn't got a chance

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Corbyn is a leaver.
That's because the EU is, by law, a neoliberal capitalism club. If you want to reorganise your economy down different lines it can't be done whilst you're a member.

I guess that's what most people are scared of. Fear of the unknown.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That's because the EU is, by law, a neoliberal capitalism club. If you want to reorganise your economy down different lines it can't be done whilst you're a member.

I guess that's what most people are scared of. Fear of the unknown.
And yet the right-wing, ultra-capitalists hate it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And yet the right-wing, ultra-capitalists hate it.
Oh they want zero regulation, which the EU won't give.

Great if they can get the UK out and keep a rightwing Tory government. If they get the UK out and Labour get in it'd be a nightmare for them. So they're fighting on two fronts - anti-EU and anti-Corbyn.

At the end of the day it's just a couple of battles for them. They're so rich it won't matter if they lose a few rounds (don't end up leaving EU, or we end up leaving and Corbyn gets in) - because sooner or later their money'll buy the feelings of the electorate and they'll get their own way as us turkeys vote for christmas...

Gwadien

The Press have made everything about Brexit whilst ignoring all the bad things that are happening in the UK.

The only politician addressing that is Corbyn, but he hates jews, so that's a no-no.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The Press have made everything about Brexit whilst ignoring all the bad things that are happening in the UK.

The only politician addressing that is Corbyn, but he hates jews, so that's a no-no.

He’s not addressing anything. He’s not doing anything, and even if Brexit led to the end of the Tories for a generation he wouldn’t be in a position to do anything about social reform in the UK because he’d be firefighting a trashed economy.

Job

Yes..and there lies the problem...if you dont let people lie, you'll only get the truth and you wont like it.

Some clever person wrote recently.
If AI starts making all the decisions..who's going to lie for us?

Imagine a political conversation in this world

View: https://youtu.be/RhRnmyBjOLs

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes..and there lies the problem...if you dont let people lie, you'll only get the truth and you wont like it.
Why won't I like it?

Rather face harsh reality than be lied to. Otherwise you end up some fucking cuck.

Shit films do not a philosophy make.

Job

Its not a shit film..I'd call it one of the greatest insights into the human condition for decades.

Gervais is an annoying tit, but thats the persona he has chosen, the film nails belief and our bizarre relationship with truth.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its not a shit film..I'd call it one of the greatest insights into the human condition for decades.
That is actually fucking hilarious.

Back to Peter and Jane books for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom