Football The (bacon) General Forum Football Thread.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Watch MotD tonight to see a linesman get owned by a plastic corner post at Birmingham :) Funniest thing I've seen in ages, he makes a real big deal out of it :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Aye. Saw this last night.

Fucking yank cunty bastards. They'd promised him a "substantial" transfer budget (again) - but this is an obvious first step before asset stripping the club.

Expect to see Mascherano, Torres, Gerrard, Benayoun and a load of "fringe" players leave the club. It'll pay for the yanks debt and allow for them to make a couple of hundred million each on the sale of the club.

New chairman is alleged to have said that it'll take 3 years to turn the club around.

We've gone from one of the best run clubs in the league, with zero debt, to debt of £350+ million in a single yank buyout. :(

Benitez, far from being a shit manager, has been hitting above his weight. The failure of the owners to invest last summer was the nail in the coffin tbfh. Gerrard's been playing like a man who knows he's off soon all season (when he was fit).

Ah well. We'll be back :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Nah, he's a shit manager, and can't handle pressure.

Youssi on his way to chelski as a possible joe cole replacement apparently.

Real Madrid must be itching at the chance to Gerrard.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Aye. Saw this last night.

Fucking yank cunty bastards. They'd promised him a "substantial" transfer budget (again) - but this is an obvious first step before asset stripping the club.

Expect to see Mascherano, Torres, Gerrard, Benayoun and a load of "fringe" players leave the club. It'll pay for the yanks debt and allow for them to make a couple of hundred million each on the sale of the club.

New chairman is alleged to have said that it'll take 3 years to turn the club around.

We've gone from one of the best run clubs in the league, with zero debt, to debt of £350+ million in a single yank buyout. :(

Benitez, far from being a shit manager, has been hitting above his weight. The failure of the owners to invest last summer was the nail in the coffin tbfh. Gerrard's been playing like a man who knows he's off soon all season (when he was fit).

You lose that lot (and Aquilani as I understand it) you won't be talking CL next season, you'll be talking relegation.

Ah well. We'll be back :)

That's what Leeds fans keep saying. How long has it been now?

Not that I'm gloating, United are on exactly the same knife edge and could fall further and faster. One bad season is all it takes when you're carrying debt like that.

Marc

FH is my second home
Im sorry, but you cant say hes a shit manager. His record speaks for itself.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You lose that lot (and Aquilani as I understand it) you won't be talking CL next season, you'll be talking relegation

We're talking mid-table for the next 3 seasons IMHO.

But the yanks are gonna get even richer off the back of it.

Why oh why can't gunmen nuts ever kill anyone worth killing? :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Facts. Or true lies as I like to call them.

• A league and two cup wins with Reals U-19's
  • Promotion with Extremadura
  • Promotion with Tenerife
  • Two La Liga wins with Valencia
  • UEFA Cup win with Valencia
  • Champions League win with Liverpool
  • FA Cup win with Liverpool
  • UEFA Super Cup with Liverpool
  • Community Shield with Liverpool

Ah. Just lies then :wanker:

:)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Champs league fluke with liverpool.

The FA cup I'll give you, apart from that, 4 years of nothing.

The fact you have to include the charity shield speaks volumes.

Where is the fluke champs league - unsackable / job for life image when you need it?

Oh and I'm sad he's going, and hope you get to keep him. He'll sink you faster than anyone else could.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lol Chet. You're full of shit :)

You asked for facts. I gave 'em. The fact you don't like 'em isn't my fault :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I didn't ask for Facts, there was no question in my post, just a statement.

We need to know that I am taking about facts, not my impression. There are things that everyone can see every single week.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I don't see how winning the champions league was a fluke tbh.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The general consensus is that the CL win was done with Houllier's team rather than any particular Benitez input. With the obvious exception of Torres (and hey, a stopped clock is right twice a day) he's been shockingly bad in the transfer market (and that's not all down to Waldorf & Stadler) and his Prozone obsession cost him dearly until he weaned himself off it in 08/09. You also don't get the feeling his players give 110% for him, the way Mourinho or even the likes of Harry Redknapp or Avram Grant's players do.

He's not a bad manager, but I wouldn't put him in the top ten in Europe, which for a club of its aspirations is what Liverpool need.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I don't see how winning the champions league was a fluke tbh.

It wasn't his team for a start! It was even more suprising that it was full of rejects from Houllier :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
/lob :)

BTW. The yanks are pulling a fast one here. "Offer" Benitez 3m "payoff" (whereas if they sack him they have to stump up 16m). If he turns it down they play the "bastard's trying to financially drain the club" card - which the english press will suck down. Once he's accepted (which he pretty much has to, maybe he'll get a little more) they'll flog Gerrard/Torres et al. then the club, and make a *fuckload* of money into the bargain. Yankscum... :eek:

Anyway, that's *really* it for me on Benitez. No more hanging around to be baited by Mancscum ;)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Gerard and Torres won't go if Benitez goes, the Yanks are in it to make money and to do that they need the club to achieve things, while spending money on players that are worth it.

Get a good manager in!!!! Hodgson ftw!!!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You're just jealous that an outgoing manager of ours has won more than yours in the last 6 years :p

;)

JingleBells

FH is my second home
tKqs2.jpg

soze

I am a FH squatter
Think its stupid myself by all means burn pictures of the Americans in question but the American Flag is a bit OTT.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just think, if we were still under a Labour government, they'd have all been arrested under the terrorism act.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I like the guy, not sure he's any good but I do like him.

The names being banded around seem unlikely, can't see (the excellent and underated) Hodgson going there because I get the feeling he is in total control at Fulham I also can't see O'Neil going there either, well, not unless he is offered £40m spending money.

Its a shame, it really is and I hope Man Utd don't go the same way, Liverpool and Man Utd are a massive part of our legacy to world football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom