The Anime Thread

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Currently watching Full Metal Panic and Lova Hina
Looking for Fan subs of FMPF :)

Malevolencia PM me if you read these forums :)

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Current favourite : Hunter X Hunter .... wouldnt mind some info on similar type of anime

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Haven't seen them yet
Hear good things from alot of people through

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
shhy_lvl15.jpg

Close :D

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Currently watching Full Metal Panic and Lova Hina
Looking for Fan subs of FMPF :)

Malevolencia PM me if you read these forums :)

Hi bubble,
FMPF is easy to find, check your pms :)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks willowywicca :D

Almost reached my months Bandwith limit last night :D

FMPF is great :D

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
[QUOTE='Shy]Perv :p[/QUOTE]

such a Dirty mind :)

Dunno what to try next
But Anime-keep do great fansubs

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Haven't kept up with Anime/Manga type stuff for a loooong time.

Favourites remain Akira (of course) and Cybercity:Oedo 808. Never been able to find Oedo 808 on DVD unfortunately.

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Roo Stercogburn said:
Haven't kept up with Anime/Manga type stuff for a loooong time.

Favourites remain Akira (of course) and Cybercity:Oedo 808. Never been able to find Oedo 808 on DVD unfortunately.

Cybercity, hmm well the place I normally buy from doesn't have it, but what I've found out is that it's available on DVD, released by NuTech Digital, just chuck "Cyber City Oedo 808 nuTech Digital" into google and it'll give you a couple of sites selling it, I can't verify their reliablity for you tho, so don't blame me if one of them is a scam! :eek:

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
A good place I've found to buy Anime DVD's is www.ezydvd.com.au, who usually have a pretty big selection.

I know Australia is region 4 etc, but a nice little quirk with their distributors is that you'll find the majority of their disks are in fact bi-regional - encoded as both region 2 AND 4. So you're not going to be stuck if you only have a region 2 player rather than a multi-region one... ;)

Another thing I found is that many series are available on fewer disks than in the UK. For example, I bought Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 on 6 disks (4 disks of 4 episodes, 2 disks of 5 episodes) which retails in the UK on 13 disks (2 episodes per disk)! Even including shipping it cost me less than half what it would have cost had I bought it in the UK.

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Alithiel said:
A good place I've found to buy Anime DVD's is www.ezydvd.com.au, who usually have a pretty big selection.

I know Australia is region 4 etc, but a nice little quirk with their distributors is that you'll find the majority of their disks are in fact bi-regional - encoded as both region 2 AND 4. So you're not going to be stuck if you only have a region 2 player rather than a multi-region one... ;)

Another thing I found is that many series are available on fewer disks than in the UK. For example, I bought Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 on 6 disks (4 disks of 4 episodes, 2 disks of 5 episodes) which retails in the UK on 13 disks (2 episodes per disk)! Even including shipping it cost me less than half what it would have cost had I bought it in the UK.
I haven't bought any UK DVDs so I don't really know, I buy everything from US mostly from www.rightstuf.com, they regularily have sales of 30-40% off everything from a specific distributor (geneon/bandai/ADV/etc..), so I wait til that then buy loads at once :eek:

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
ghost in the shell ova is pretty good, better than akira, both a little too on the weird japansese musicy meaningful side though ;)

Trigun
Ghost in the shell
Rurouri Kenshin
Saiyan dragonball stuff (hides)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
What do you recommend for someone who liked FMPF and lovehina then ?
I watch the animes depending on my mood, FMPF is funny as hell (seen that one with the Pony in it? :) )

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
What do you recommend for someone who liked FMPF and lovehina then ?
I watch the animes depending on my mood, FMPF is funny as hell (seen that one with the Pony in it? )

pony pony :( fumo fumo! pony pony pony :( fumoffu!

:D

Hmm, I'd recomend, Rizelmine or Tenchi Muyo or Ai Yori Aoshi or Burn Up W and Burn Up Excess or Onegai Twins (the first half of it anyway) or hmm.. G-On Riders maybe :eek:

And Fruits Basket, everyone must watch fruits basket!! ><

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:
pony pony :( fumo fumo! pony pony pony :( fumoffu!

That bit had me laughing for ages(Stop trying to understand each other!)
Also the Bit where she was talking to the cop, behind the cop he was holding up a Sign saying- If she sees me i'll eliminate her.

I'll check the others out tonight :)

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Rah, Just finished watchiong Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex.

Excellent stuff it is! :D

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
Sharma said:
Rah, Just finished watchiong Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex.

Excellent stuff it is! :D

Hmm afaik theres 52 episodes and only up to 20-ish have English subs since after that it was aired again orso but either way because of that making fansubs was made illegal, so unless you can speak fluent Japanese i doubt you've seen all ;)

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Graknak said:
Hmm afaik theres 52 episodes and only up to 20-ish have English subs since after that it was aired again orso but either way because of that making fansubs was made illegal, so unless you can speak fluent Japanese i doubt you've seen all ;)

Actually, making fansubs is *always* illegal, it's merely a case of the japanese couldn't care less, it's only US/other western companies, who once they have licensed an anime for translation and release will kick up a fuss if you're still offering fansubs of it...

And even with that some groups still fansubb stuff even after it gets licensed.. so it's quite possible sharma has seen all of the GitS:SAC episodes to date, of course the 2nd series of it is only just begun in Japan now, so he can't have seen all of that yet ;)

Anyhows, personally gits:sac wasn't for me, but then I'm not a massive fan of the movie either (it was quite good, but not one of my favourites)

I recently finished watching all of Hikaru no Go (75 episodes, 3 specials) and am eagerly awaiting the next special of it covering the hakuto cup :D Really really great series all about people playing the board game Go :)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Gunna buy FMPF in english if/when it gets released.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:
And even with that some groups still fansubb stuff even after it gets licensed.. so it's quite possible sharma has seen all of the GitS:SAC episodes to date, of course the 2nd series of it is only just begun in Japan now, so he can't have seen all of that yet ;)

Spot on there. :)

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Gunna buy FMPF in english if/when it gets released.

think FMP was licensed by ADV, so fmpf will probably be too as fmp was quite popular afaik (ADV are only just now releasing the final DVD of fmp, so probably negotiations in the works for the fmpf license already..)

Velo Alderkeep

Fledgling Freddie
Naruto, hunter x hunter, full metal alchemist are the ones i follow atm... all great...
Can recomend Last Exile and Gundam seed...

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
Btw is there some place you can order Ghost In The Shell:SAC on DvD? (subbed ofc.) and Region 2 since my uber DvD player can't play anything else.

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Graknak said:
Btw is there some place you can order Ghost In The Shell:SAC on DvD? (subbed ofc.) and Region 2 since my uber DvD player can't play anything else.

It's been licensed for region 1 release by Bandai, tho they haven't yet released any of it. Don't know of any plans for it on region 2 yet.. it's fairly new so will be a while til it's in region 2 if ever anyhows :eek:

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Muahha, i was bad and downloaded it! :(

FInished watch RahXephon btw Malev, its great. :D

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Sharma said:
Muahha, i was bad and downloaded it! :(

FInished watch RahXephon btw Malev, its great. :D

:eek:

I'll get round to watching the rest of it then, honest i will!
eventually...
someday...

Just got a few other things to watch first ><

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom