The Anime Thread

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Graknak said:
Btw is there some place you can order Ghost In The Shell:SAC on DvD? (subbed ofc.) and Region 2 since my uber DvD player can't play anything else.
willowywicca said:
It's been licensed for region 1 release by Bandai, tho they haven't yet released any of it. Don't know of any plans for it on region 2 yet.. it's fairly new so will be a while til it's in region 2 if ever anyhows :eek:
Try here if you want to order Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex

It is available, and it's multi-region...

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Alithiel said:
Try here if you want to order Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex

It is available, and it's multi-region...

lol
that's an illegal hong kong bootleg dvd

The subtitles will be terrible on it (whole illegallity aspect aside).

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Watching, Serial Experiments Lain atm, this is oh so so WEIRD! :eek7:

Shinlu

Fledgling Freddie
DiGi Charat fortehwin.
Following 5-10 series atm, but the best of best = Azumanga Daioh.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
welll... i got 3, 4 favorite anime series and they follow as so:
1. that will have to be Cowboy Bebop (great movie too... Cowboy bebop: knocking on heaven's door)
2. Wolf's Rain (uber serie)
3. Hellsing i reckon
4. NGE, deffo one of the best too...

generally of movies, ghibli studio's movies are good, more family/adventure genre, not as much wtf violence in it, but good indeed :D

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
bah mIRCX network is down
Think they probley moved to another

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I need a new hard disk soon, 52.2GB of Animé series' sitting on it atm. :p

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
i love evangelion :)
it's the only anime i ever watched tho :)

i LOVE Misato Katsuragi :)

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah got the series sitting on my Disk atm, great series, endings a tad odd though. :eek7:

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Sharma said:
Yeah got the series sitting on my Disk atm, great series, endings a tad odd though. :eek7:

All Anime Apocolypses are quite weird
This will make you think as well

At the end he wakes up next to Asuka, but she has an Arm Wound like Rei. Were all 3 of them merged? (with Misato too)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Pff Prydwen.net Anime > my thread :(

And i don't even get a postcount posting there

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I wish they would release more!

Reedemer

Fledgling Freddie
I did my duty and posted here now at least:)
edit: your post got 4 pages now bubbly!!

Ailil

Fledgling Freddie
I'm currently watching Cowboy Bebop and can't believe I haven't got around to it before now (we've owned it about a year, oops).

Final series of Kenshin winging its way over Atlantic at the moment, and we're also checking out Brigadoon (which is a bit lame, but fun).

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Ailil said:
I'm currently watching Cowboy Bebop and can't believe I haven't got around to it before now (we've owned it about a year, oops).

Final series of Kenshin winging its way over Atlantic at the moment, and we're also checking out Brigadoon (which is a bit lame, but fun).

Hmm never heard of brigadoon before :)

Anyways, everyone needs to watch Fruits Basket! and Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito! yes yes, watch them at once!! :D

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Ivan said:
Current favourite : Hunter X Hunter .... wouldnt mind some info on similar type of anime
hehe i'm on hunter x hunter OVA 3 atm, it is so damn cool... to bad it take ages before they make the nesxt episode arrrg!

Chosen

Resident Freddy
oh and the best anime serie ever is Berserk! i lov guts! named my dog after him!!!!

im currently watching alot of anime tought :p but take ages before ive finished seeing em all! see like 1 or 2 episode each time im at my anime-geek friends place :p

but im watching these series atm:

Chrno Crusade(waiting for the morons to sub episode 17 been like 4days and still nothing going on :( )
Slayers Next
Naruto
Twelve Kingdoms
Excel Saga
Azumanga Daioh(or something :p)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Teren said:
i love evangelion :)
it's the only anime i ever watched tho :)

i LOVE Misato Katsuragi :)
I didn't like the serie! the ending was too wierd and to much at the same time :p
tought the Berserk ending was weird aswell but Berserk 2nd chapter will come out one day:) so I just gotto wait.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Graknak said:
Hmm afaik theres 52 episodes.
hehe, wrong stand alone complex only got 26 epsiode.. Ghost in the shell 2nd git. is only done making episode 6 ? now tought.. and the little serie with those spider robots is 10episodes! so in total it is 42 episodes out now!

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Chosen said:
Chrno Crusade(waiting for the morons to sub episode 17 been like 4days and still nothing going on :( )
Chrno Crusade was licensed for US release by ADV, so most fansubbing groups have now dropped it for legal reasons etc.. :/ probably some group still secretly subbing it tho since it was pretty popular..

Oh and it's being released in US as Chrono Crusade.. why? americans can't handle properly spelt incorrectly spelt original names I guess :p

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Chosen said:
hehe i'm on hunter x hunter OVA 3 atm, it is so damn cool... to bad it take ages before they make the nesxt episode arrrg!

Read the manga instead! it's waaaay past the greed island arc :p

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
\o/

Malev found another anime forum :D

Mordur

One of Freddy's beloved
Chobits is nice too imo... gotta love Hideki :D

Rurouni kenshin ova1 & 2 are the best pieces of anime i've seen so far... apart from princess mononoke :)

and the kenshin series just rox (till a few eps after shishio saga)

cowboy bebop is prolly one of the most classy animes out there, loved all the eps and the ova :)

im more or less anime-less now tho, ran out of sources and cba to buy entire series :s
still need to see Noir, hacksign and vandread :(

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
welll... i got 3, 4 favorite anime series and they follow as so:
1. that will have to be Cowboy Bebop (great movie too... Cowboy bebop: knocking on heaven's door)
2. Wolf's Rain (uber serie)
3. Hellsing i reckon
4. NGE, deffo one of the best too...

generally of movies, ghibli studio's movies are good, more family/adventure genre, not as much wtf violence in it, but good indeed :D

You can sometimes find some of the episodes on Scifi channel of course. Some Hellsing (and other stuff) was on a few months back. Hellsing - very nice idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom