The Anime Thread

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Ah finally unbanned!
The best anime serie ever is Naruto! I just love it. you should all see it!

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Chosen said:
Ah finally unbanned!
The best anime serie ever is Naruto! I just love it. you should all see it!
It's alright, but by no means the best series ever, far too many things wrong with it for that.. e.g. too much showing of repeat material at the start of episodes such that the first 5 mins may as well be skipped since you saw it all exactly the same last episode (this was mainly the case in the first 25 or so episodes.. that whole trip to the wind country, it happened pretty much every episode).

Too many flashbacks which are often shown at poor times, flashbacks can be fine to discover more about background to characters etc or to remind us of important events or whatever.., but often they are shown right in the middle of a big fight or such totally destroying any tension there may have been since the flashbacks are so long you forget who was fighting who before they're over :p

Also it suffers from the DBZ syndrome of taking forever for nothing much to happen, most obvious example being the recent "we're almost dead" stance of the hokage and orochimaru, they were in that exact same position teetering on the brink of death for 10 episodes or so :p

On the plus side, it had rock lee taking off his weights, definitely one of the coolest moments in any anime :D

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:
It's alright, but by no means the best series ever, far too many things wrong with it for that.. e.g. too much showing of repeat material at the start of episodes such that the first 5 mins may as well be skipped since you saw it all exactly the same last episode (this was mainly the case in the first 25 or so episodes.. that whole trip to the wind country, it happened pretty much every episode).

Too many flashbacks which are often shown at poor times, flashbacks can be fine to discover more about background to characters etc or to remind us of important events or whatever.., but often they are shown right in the middle of a big fight or such totally destroying any tension there may have been since the flashbacks are so long you forget who was fighting who before they're over :p

Also it suffers from the DBZ syndrome of taking forever for nothing much to happen, most obvious example being the recent "we're almost dead" stance of the hokage and orochimaru, they were in that exact same position teetering on the brink of death for 10 episodes or so :p

On the plus side, it had rock lee taking off his weights, definitely one of the coolest moments in any anime :D

I've only watched the early Episodes so far and love it so far

I wouldn't call it the Best ever
Specialy when you have series like Full Metal Panic, hellsing and fruits basket (and lovehina :D).

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
I've only watched the early Episodes so far and love it so far

I wouldn't call it the Best ever
Specialy when you have series like Full Metal Panic, hellsing and fruits basket (and lovehina :D).

Yeah it's good fun when you can just watch the episodes one after another, but once you're reduced to waiting 1 week per new episode, the flaws become much more apparent and infuriating :)

And nothing compares to Fruits Basket! ;)

Who can guess what my cabbie's last name is gonna be? :p

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:
Yeah it's good fun when you can just watch the episodes one after another, but once you're reduced to waiting 1 week per new episode, the flaws become much more apparent and infuriating

And nothing compares to Fruits Basket! ;)

Who can guess what my cabbie's last name is gonna be?

Honda? :)
(I know your the biggest Tohru Fanboy ever)

Nah i know what your going to use :D

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Honda? :)
(I know your the biggest Tohru Fanboy ever)

Nah i know what your going to use :D

Hmm you do? I wouldn't think you (or anyone) would tbh :eek:

But yeah, I am the biggest tohru-chan fanboy ever, she's just so great! And she doesn't even realise how wonderful she is!

There, uber hint for what my last name will be :D

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:
Hmm you do? I wouldn't think you (or anyone) would tbh :eek:

But yeah, I am the biggest tohru-chan fanboy ever, she's just so great! And she doesn't even realise how wonderful she is!

There, uber hint for what my last name will be :D

Chan? :)

or Sohma? :D

Chosen

Resident Freddy
For me Naruto is the best serie! Some episodes can be boring but nobody is perfect! and I just watched full metal panic and full metal panic fumofu! Why can't Chidory and sasouke just get together ;(

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
Just borrowed Lain from a friend, haven't had the chance to see it yet tho, but i wonder if anyone else heard of it?

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Graknak said:
Just borrowed Lain from a friend, haven't had the chance to see it yet tho, but i wonder if anyone else heard of it?

Haven't seen it myself yet, but heard it's meant to be good, and quite weird :eek:

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Chosen said:
For me Naruto is the best serie! Some episodes can be boring but nobody is perfect! and I just watched full metal panic and full metal panic fumofu! Why can't Chidory and sasouke just get together ;(

That one of the funny points in the series
Sousuke's (Lack of) Ability to understand Chidori. Also hes still a Soldier doing his job of protecting her, he can't let that get in the way etc

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble! :D

Guess who's back, bitch! I just know you are glad to see me. I'm here to liven up your crap, boring forum again! ;)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Dillinja said:
Bubble! :D

Guess who's back, bitch! I just know you are glad to see me. I'm here to liven up your crap, boring forum again! ;)

We were all looking forward to your return to brighten up our dull forum, why no I'M BACK HAHAH! threads then?

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Aww, c'mon Bub - don't be like that! I've been away! How could I possibly keep up my campaign to bring life to this forum if I did not have access to an account?!

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Watching Trigun atm, bloody great stuff. :D

Start off a bit odd as Vash seems a bit of a dummy at the start, still acts it all the way through the series but is pretty damn cool when he's serious, although not as visually impressive as RahXephon or Bubblegum Crisis, it's good fun to watch. :)

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
just watched 1 episode of Lain and i must say the episode title "Weird" sure sums it all up, really it's like a simple story stretched out with simple el cheapo special effect-like thingies which don't make sense with the entire story.
Bad anime if ya ask me

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:
I haven't bought any UK DVDs so I don't really know, I buy everything from US mostly from www.rightstuf.com, they regularily have sales of 30-40% off everything from a specific distributor (geneon/bandai/ADV/etc..), so I wait til that then buy loads at once :eek:

less paying money more downloading imo ;o

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Pudzy said:
I do ample amounts of both :p

Besides I got sooooo much money, and absolutely nothing cept anime to spend it on :D

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Pudzy said:

pff
your making all these genius Anime Artists and Writers live on the street :p

(Coming from the person who has around 30GB of different Anime on his HDD)

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
pff
your making all these genius Anime Artists and Writers live on the street :p

(Coming from the person who has around 30GB of different Anime on his HDD)

Pff thats all?

<strokes his 80GB...> :twak:

Niroth

One of Freddy's beloved
Just began watching Shadow skill, the serie.

Kinda enjoying it, ( only on part 5 at the moment )
Not sure if you should look at the OVA or serie first though, I chosed the serie. ( clueless )

Anything recommendations, something like shadow skill?

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Niroth said:
Just began watching Shadow skill, the serie.

Kinda enjoying it, ( only on part 5 at the moment )
Not sure if you should look at the OVA or serie first though, I chosed the serie. ( clueless )

Anything recommendations, something like shadow skill?

The series and the OVA can be watched separately, they're the same characters but one's not a continuation of the other.. more like the OVA was a pilot and then the series repeats some of what happened in the OVA (That girl with the rings vs the moon king thingy (ep3 of the tv series) was in both the OVA and series for example... was way way cooler in the OVA tho :p ) and of course has a lot more happen since it's 26 episodes long as opposed 3 episodes in the OVA..

I'm actually only watcing through the tv series now too tho, watched up to ep3 so far lol :p and also have watched eps 18 and 19 sometime ages ago I think >< Hmm as for something similar, well it's an action anime with light comedy I guess, so could try Read or Die (watch OVAs *before* series for that, order does matter), Naruto or Full Metal Panic maybe...

Oh and do watch the shadow skill OVAs, very cool action even tho there's not much of a plot to em :D

Niroth

One of Freddy's beloved
willowywicca said:
The series and the OVA can be watched separately, they're the same characters but one's not a continuation of the other.. more like the OVA was a pilot and then the series repeats some of what happened in the OVA (That girl with the rings vs the moon king thingy (ep3 of the tv series) was in both the OVA and series for example... was way way cooler in the OVA tho :p ) and of course has a lot more happen since it's 26 episodes long as opposed 3 episodes in the OVA..

I'm actually only watcing through the tv series now too tho, watched up to ep3 so far lol :p and also have watched eps 18 and 19 sometime ages ago I think >< Hmm as for something similar, well it's an action anime with light comedy I guess, so could try Read or Die (watch OVAs *before* series for that, order does matter), Naruto or Full Metal Panic maybe...

Oh and do watch the shadow skill OVAs, very cool action even tho there's not much of a plot to em :D

Will check the OVAs out of course.

Seen first episode of Naruto, was ok - nothing I _really_ liked. Maybe should give it another chance :p But then it was the same about Shadow skill, looked 10 min of the first episode and went "bleeeeh crap" , then got bored and looked at it again "Hmm, this is pretty good" and got stuck ;p

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Niroth said:
Will check the OVAs out of course.

Seen first episode of Naruto, was ok - nothing I _really_ liked. Maybe should give it another chance :p But then it was the same about Shadow skill, looked 10 min of the first episode and went "bleeeeh crap" , then got bored and looked at it again "Hmm, this is pretty good" and got stuck ;p

The action in Full metal panic gets good around episode 3
I personaly liked the Sosuke at school bits, specialy in FMPF

I'm currently watching Naruto, on episode 28 now :) it again starts getting better around 15, good ninja fights with haku etc.

Niroth

One of Freddy's beloved
Bubble said:
The action in Full metal panic gets good around episode 3
I personaly liked the Sosuke at school bits, specialy in FMPF

I'm currently watching Naruto, on episode 28 now :) it again starts getting better around 15, good ninja fights with haku etc.

Can't get access to FMPF :( Anime-suki down for some reason

And im longing for Shadow skill 24-26, seen all the other episodes 3 times or so now. Great stuff

How many episodes do Naruto got?

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Niroth said:
Can't get access to FMPF :( Anime-suki down for some reason

And im longing for Shadow skill 24-26, seen all the other episodes 3 times or so now. Great stuff

How many episodes do Naruto got?

up to 82 now, still airing so more to come...

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
do i get into any sort of trouble for posting bot names and how to use them on this forum? :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Sharma said:
Pff thats all?

<strokes his 80GB...> :twak:
I only got 15gb anime on my HD! And that is all I need! Naruto OST 1-1, Naruto episode 1 - 82! Naruto manga chapter 1 - 214 and Naruto wallpapers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom