The Anime Thread

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Watched grenadier lately, which I didn't quite love, tho it's not horrible either. Also saw the DearS series, which is kinda funneh imo. Tho already waiting for the next Bleach episode to be hosted :p Bleach is really nice imo :eek:
Also seen a few episodes of Sunabouzu, which is nice too :p Ghost in the shell 2 wasn't quite as good as the first one imo, tho it's got some nice parts in it... Enjoyed cowboy bebop/trigun/love hina and some more, but that's been a while :x Bough the Devil Lady series on dvd, not knowing what to expect, and it kinda sucks... Got the first dvd of Fighting Spirit, which was really good, but I'm broke atm so can't get the next episodes, and haven't found em on the net /cry
Oh, and I liked Neon Genesis Evangelion quite a bit too, a while back :D

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
Got the first dvd of Fighting Spirit, which was really good, but I'm broke atm so can't get the next episodes, and haven't found em on the net /cry
Try searching for it under it's original title of "Hajime no Ippo", you'll probably have better results ;)

Sunabouzu rocks, just it gets fansubbed so slow :< just like kerero gunso, which doesn't get subbed at all it feels like since it's so sloooow x<

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:
Try searching for it under it's original title of "Hajime no Ippo", you'll probably have better results ;)

Sunabouzu rocks, just it gets fansubbed so slow :< just like kerero gunso, which doesn't get subbed at all it feels like since it's so sloooow x<
Yeah, only got the first 5 episodes of Sunabazou x<
I'll have a look for Hajime later, ta for that, really liked the first couple episodes :D

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Doh, second and third dvd both got 1 seed and 0 downloaders xD Guess that won't be capped speed -.-

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
Animes i'm currently watching....
Girls Bravo
Haven't even gotten to watching on those, been downloading for ages but it's worst possible speed... and in a 2 gig file :<

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Straef you can also get the episodes from #Lunaranime on rizon (they fansubbed it, and they have Fast xdcc bots)
But i think its been licenced (or was that only season 2)

So you might have a bit of a search on your hands :D

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
hah, I'm back in action :)

just started watching Fullmetal Alchemist ... wicked series ... time to get all 51 episodes me thinks ... :cheers:

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I gotta finish watching that series :)
got to around 22 and then they licenced it.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Chrystina said:
hah, I'm back in action :)

just started watching Fullmetal Alchemist ... wicked series ... time to get all 51 episodes me thinks ... :cheers:
Only got the first season x<

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
Only got the first season x<

It's only 1 season :p One long 51 episode season of uberness, FMA being one of the best animes of last year.. Surprised me I must say, a series comes out of nowhere and when the first episode aired it was said it had a scheduled 51 episode run oO (the manga isn't particularily long either). First few episodes I felt were only so-so and since I was pretty busy at the time I dropped it ;x Later, after hearing others raving about it I got caught up and stayed with it til the end.

Whilst I won't ruin anything for people, I'll just say, it's a fantastic series, wonderfully structured - after the initial episodes which were imo rather decidedly average shounen kind of fair tho with high production quality - every episode leaves you eager to see the next to find out what's happening/going to happen next. There's a lot of mysteries and unexpected twists...

It's also a very accessible anime to newcomers, since it's not full of fanservice (as is more the norm these days) nor is there anything *too* weird in it (anyone who watches anime a lot knows what sorts of things I mean :p )... well aside from the whole alchemy itself I guess, but I think most people can manage that degree of suspension of disbelief..

Anyway, yes, everyone should watch it, damn fine series and highly recommended

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
pffft

Fanservice > all :)
Spoiler#####

I guess that episode where you see Scar kill that girl is a example of twists in anime :)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Bah, don't even have the 1st season then :p Just got 13 eps -.-

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
pffft

Fanservice > all :)
Spoiler#####

I guess that episode where you see Scar kill that girl is a example of twists in anime :)
Fansevice \o/ But it can scare of new people to anime giving the impression of anime being just cartoon pr0n

**** More Spoilers ****
Indeed that part was probably the first major unexpected bit, but there were more bigger (and sadder) bits after too

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
pff theres a Massive line between Fanservice and Hentai
(well there used to be untill i saw the first episode of Girls Bravo Seasons2 :clap: )

FMA is a damm good anime, now that i have a 2mb line i'll finish downloading the rest (i downloaded 1 to 22, and 49 to 51 cus i wanted to see how it ended :p yeah i didn't know half the people and it just confused me)

Any idea when the FMA movie is being released?

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
(well there used to be untill i saw the first episode of Girls Bravo Seasons2 :clap: )

FMA is a damm good anime, now that i have a 2mb line i'll finish downloading the rest (i downloaded 1 to 22, and 49 to 51 cus i wanted to see how it ended :p yeah i didn't know half the people and it just confused me)

Gah how could you do that?!
The ending can't possibly make the slightest bit of sense after skipping so much :p Ending is very good.. IF you've actually watched the rest :p Hmm thought you had atleast seen past 22, you've missed most of the really cool stuff too! And *that* incident also...

Don't think there's a set date for it yet, but think summerish 2005.. can view a very short trailer at http://www.hagaren-movie.jp/top.html

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:
Fansevice \o/ But it can scare of new people to anime giving the impression of anime being just cartoon pr0n

**** More Spoilers ****
Indeed that part was probably the first major unexpected bit, but there were more bigger (and sadder) bits after too
People tend to think I'm perverted whenever I tell them I like anime/manga... :<

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:

My fun for cowboy bebop kinda got ruined after I watched the last 2 episodes when still missing a bunch of the ones from the middle x<

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I also downloaded an episode just cus malev told me it has the most f**ked up death sceen hes seen (And it has)

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
People tend to think I'm perverted whenever I tell them I like anime/manga... :<
Omg that happens to me ALL the time!
Even bubble is always saying it :< He even had a quote about it in his sig before :< but it's all lies because I'm totally innocent!!1!

(Hope nobody here reads any of my posts on pryd.net anime forums :p )

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Watched some episodes of 'Yakitate Japan' and that's some weird shit tbh :I Kinda funny sometimes, but I wonder who came up with the idea of creating an anime series about... bread :p
Also watching the first episode of Elfen Lied atm, which made me giggle :D The explanation about the word 'onigiri' just popped up, which made me want to spam :> So you're a riceball xD

'Don't fucking stand behind me, stupid bitch' That's comedy :eek:

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
Watched some episodes of 'Yakitate Japan' and that's some weird shit tbh :I Kinda funny sometimes, but I wonder who came up with the idea of creating an anime series about... bread
Also watching the first episode of Elfen Lied atm, which made me giggle The explanation about the word 'onigiri' just popped up, which made me want to spam :> So you're a riceball xD

'Don't fucking stand behind me, stupid bitch' That's comedy :eek:

lol, indeed I am a riceball! If you want to know *why* I chose to be a riceball, you can watch Fruits Basket to find out (it'll also explain the Umeboshi part) ;)

Elfen Lied is very good, I was pleasantly surprised by it when I watched since normally so much blood puts me off, but I guess the cute elements helped balance that :p

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:
lol, indeed I am a riceball! If you want to know *why* I chose to be a riceball, you can watch Fruits Basket to find out (it'll also explain the Umeboshi part) ;)

Elfen Lied is very good, I was pleasantly surprised by it when I watched since normally so much blood puts me off, but I guess the cute elements helped balance that :p

Nyuuuuu :D

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Oni Giri - means Demon Edge(Slash/Sword)

Pretty cool eh? :)

Malevs a Riceball tho, since prydwen.net database has been wiped i can't prove the pervert wrong atm :p

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:

Riceball with pieces of fish innit! :>
Yer, watched about 10 episodes now and liking it quite a bit :p

Umeboshi: dried plum... so that would be a raisin? :p Guess I need to watch the anime to get that one lol ^^

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I could tell you what he means by that :)
Specialy with Umeboshi as his last(Back :p) name

but that would spoil the anime
Fruits Basket is one of my favs

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Never heard of it, but should be good if both of you recommend it... :p

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:
Never heard of it, but should be good if both of you recommend it... :p

Its a fluffy anime, almost no action but the story is good.
Healu watched the series last week and was really upset when it ended :)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
Its a fluffy anime, almost no action but the story is good.
Healu watched the series last week and was really upset when it ended :)
Hmmm final episode of Elfen Lied didn't go quite the way I expected :<
I'll download them fruity things soon, see if it's my kinda thing :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom