The Actual Desk Thread

nath

Fledgling Freddie
No no no no no.. If I swapped the monitor round I'd not be able to see the tv without turning around. This simply will not do.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
I sit with one leg in the gap, and one leg in front of my drawers so i can face my monitor :/

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
nath said:
No no no no no.. If I swapped the monitor round I'd not be able to see the tv without turning around. This simply will not do.

Do the obvious thing. You're a student, right?

So what the fuck do you need or want a bin for, remove it!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Scooba da Bass said:
Surely thats only important if you show your pc off? Mine sits in the study and is just used. It's not a lifestyle accesory, it's not something to be proud of, it just..is.

Possibly, but think about your own house/flat. You decorate the living area nicely, you get your hifi kitted up, your PC is part of said setup - then it's a big beige box :(

I guess for a "just is" then it's fine, but i'm thinking more of integration to the household.

G

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
[QUOTE='Shy]Our living room looks more like a LAN cafe :D

desks.JPG
[/QUOTE]

thats just s3x3h me want :<

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Nah wazz, the bin is no problem whatsoever. The only reason I put it there was because that gap is FAR too small to fit my treetrunks in there comfortably anyway.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Well that's your fault for having such a massive cock then, isn't it.

Now how do you feel, huh? Pretty shit I guess!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I have to live with it every day, you don't have to make me feel worse with churlish insults :(

atomicjam

Fledgling Freddie
from a few years ago..

mydesk.jpg

hasnt changed much, new stand for decks desk is a little cleaner :p

Mellow

Loyal Freddie
A few of you all seem to have your monitors at funny angles, pretty much buggering your neck and body up! Health and Safety is important!

So many of you don't appear to have any flat screen monitors, what's the matter with you people, don't you like more managable peripherals? :p

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Mellow
Well if you want to give me a flatscreen ill take it, but i dont have the money for one.

AtomicJam
What mixer ya got btw? My decks live in a coffin case on top of a chair on the other side of the room :p

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
pfft. my monitor predates all this flatscreen crap. Been working for about 8 years now.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Mellow said:
A few of you all seem to have your monitors at funny angles, pretty much buggering your neck and body up! Health and Safety is important!

So many of you don't appear to have any flat screen monitors, what's the matter with you people, don't you like more managable peripherals? :p

Well LCD hurts my eyes since it runs at 60Hz, and my monitor center is at a quite nice eye height to i dont need to bugger my neck up looking up all the time, i like my 19" monitor since it runs at 1600*1200 @ 85Hz so its lurvly. :D

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Tssss...

Bloody camera just took the picture stuck it up, couldn't be bothered editing it. :p

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Sharma said:
Well LCD hurts my eyes since it runs at 60Hz, and my monitor center is at a quite nice eye height to i dont need to bugger my neck up looking up all the time, i like my 19" monitor since it runs at 1600*1200 @ 85Hz so its lurvly. :D
:rolleyes: the signal LCD panels run on is 60Hz, but that's quite different from looking at a screen refreshing at 60Hz, such as a monitor.

In fact, you need to run a monitor at over double that rate to get anything near as stable an image as you see on a flat panel monitor.

Xav

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Sorry about the image: the image attachement size is pathetic (39kb for a jpg, you kidding???) - so I had to make it tiny and compress it to fuck... would upload but I can't afford to get me webspace until payday.

clicky click

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
How many times you knocked the lava lamp off Wazz?

atomicjam

Fledgling Freddie
RandomBastard : mixer is a stanton sk-one,
cam1.jpg

unfortunaly its about 3 years old now and crossfader bleed is pissing me off so looking to change to vestax pdx07 as mainly into beatjuggling and scratch.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hello

My humble desk whilst in halls :)

netherhall.desk.01.jpg

netherhall.desk.02.jpg

It's a little crowded, but then again it does have pretty much everything but the kitchen sink on it (although I did manage a kettle ;)).

Kind Regards

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Someones stolen your mouse & keyboard Jonty - damn students ay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom