The Actual Desk Thread

lovedaddy

Fledgling Freddie
nath said:
Are you insane? The mx700 is awesome.. (I assume mx770 was a typo)

Nope, the mx770 is a bag of crap. Heavy, buttons unresponsive, the drivers are disgusting, and worst, you can feel the lag in games.

My personal mouse of choice, the silver microsoft effort (v3.0a), is sitting at work, simply due to the fact that I play about 3 hours of wolf there a day, and I dont want to get pissed off with a rubbish mouse.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
The mx700 is indeed awesome. Ive had one for about 6 months now and i love it to bits. There are no driver issues with it and it doesnt lag in games.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
lovedaddy said:
and up step the people to defend their purchase

No if it was shite i would say it was shite. I dont use this mouse cause i have to, i have a wired intellimouse explorer as well, and an older logitech cordless mouse,

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
RandomBastard said:
No if it was shite i would say it was shite. I dont use this mouse cause i have to, i have a wired intellimouse explorer as well, and an older logitech cordless mouse,

Out of interest, what games do you play? and how serious do you play those games?

Edit: this thread is going off topic.

G

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Big G said:
Out of interest, what games do you play? and how serious do you play those games?

Edit: this thread is going off topic.

G

Yes it is isnt it :p

I play a wide vareity of fps games mainly, from bf1942 and dc, to hl, ut and recently deus ex 2 (no matter how disapointing it was). As to how serious i play them i'm a gamer, i play for fun, i get annoyed by lag, im not someone who competes seriously just someone who likes a laugh.

Maybe some people do notice a lag with it on there system, but i dont on mine and thats enough for me and looking at it lots of other people dont either.

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Mellow said:
FatBusinessMan wins for having the neatest desk in the history of mankind :p

This any better?

desk-uni-2.jpg

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
L_Plates said:
what is it with that pen knife ?

Its always there :)

That penknife is really rather nice:

cybertool41-3color.jpg

Especially useful for the pliers and the screwdriver with flat, Philips and hex bits. :)

Was a Christmas present a year ago - has come in very useful.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
fatbusinessman said:
That penknife is really rather nice:

cybertool41-3color.jpg

Especially useful for the pliers and the screwdriver with flat, Philips and hex bits. :)

Was a Christmas present a year ago - has come in very useful.

I got one for christmas this year :)

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
How on earth do you cope with the 454 screen so close Fatty? I have to have mine at an angle to get it further back.

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
That does look rather handy tbh. im gonna have to get me one i think :)

PR.

Fledgling Freddie
Desk-012004.jpg

Just recently gone wireless with wireless Keyboard, Mouse and Headphones :)

PR.

Fledgling Freddie
RandomBastard said:
those pioneer slot drives look ugly in no beige places dont they :/

Yer :(

I did notice that Shuttle now seem to be selling Silver/Black DVD Drives but I was really after a CDRW or DVDRW and DVD combo drive.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
man, there is too much beige going on :puke:

;)

PC parts should be brought in line with the "sexyness" (for lack of a better word) of quality hifi bits, since we're pushing for PC media centres / small form factor / home cinema integration etc.

G

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Big G said:
PC parts should be brought in line with the "sexyness" (for lack of a better word) of quality hifi bits, since we're pushing for PC media centres / small form factor / home cinema integration etc.

Surely thats only important if you show your pc off? Mine sits in the study and is just used. It's not a lifestyle accesory, it's not something to be proud of, it just..is.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh my hifi equipment doesn't even look that sexy, well the speakers are quite nice I guess.

Of course if you want sexy hifi gear, NAD all the way. It's lush </moderately off topic>

Edit: Fatty, do you find that orange juice carton really does not promote drinking right from it.. it's bloody awkward :\

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'm more concerned about the bottle of extra virgin olive oil next to the juice.

Lube?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I sit sideways.. the tv is perpendicular to the desk so I sit facing that and kinda angle myself towards the computer when I use it. Crappy desk that came with the crappy student accomodation :D

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
nath said:
I sit sideways.. the tv is perpendicular to the desk so I sit facing that and kinda angle myself towards the computer when I use it. Crappy desk that came with the crappy student accomodation :D

Oh the health implications will be massive.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
nath said:
I'm in the same boat. Maybe I should sue my student accom for providing a small desk, and use the compensation money to invest in a TFT that will fit better...

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh It's actually pretty comfortable.. I'm probably doing myself heaps of damage though.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Well, it might cause us to strain our necks in one particular direction. I recon if we swap the monitor over every couple of months it'll balance out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom