Football The 2023-24 Football Thread

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So the 777 Partners Everton takeover has collapsed. It's not even a tiny bit surprising, they looked shady as hell from the outset and should never have been allowed near ownership of a club in any tier, let alone the Premier League. It doesn't bode well for Everton though.

(@Deebs - Twitter embedding doesn't work, not as x.com or twitter.com)

Last edited:

Gray

FH is my second home
It did seem doomed, the upper management has been a bodge from the beginning.

Still, it does open the door for others now, trusting there is no future points deductions for whatever the reason it puts us in good stead for the future, I have seen there have been a couple of interested parties.

My only real concern is through the pre season, are we going to end up having vultures come and completely dissect the team.

Losing the likes of Branthwaite and Pickford could be our absolute undoing, especially if some bigger teams take the absolute piss with sales.

What we need is some crown Prince of a faraway country to take an interest

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Who's your favourite for euros? England to win on penalties for once?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Southgate trying to find new ways of passing the ball sideways until we scrape out of the group stage, then a couple of dismal wins against "weaker sides" then a miserable exit after he takes Bellingham and Foden off at 1:0 down in the 75th minute in a game we should be winning.

That sort of thing.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That came up at work, what if they did a Rangers to them? Much further to fall, their support would melt away.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
That came up at work, what if they did a Rangers to them? Much further to fall, their support would melt away.
That would be hilarious. It would take them a decade to make it back to the top flight, unless they bought some other local team and then rebranded / merged with them, to keep their position.

Gray

FH is my second home
So seeing the news that Branthwaite might be offski to United. I'll be absolutely gutted if he goes as he's been great for us this (last?) season.

It would be diabolical if we got less than £70-80m for him. I don't even know if this is rumour, the club haven't come out to say they have accepted a transfer fee for him, yet reports are saying he's accepted a personal deal proposed by United, hope this isn't a "tap up"...

Close season it's been sounding quite positive with the exception of that, 777 wasted our times completely but we have some very interesting people looking to us, we had the bluster of a billionaire in Moshiri and he was a disaster, so hopefully the next billionaire is a bit better (...)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Come on you Shitland (aka Scotland) but I very much doubt it. I assume you lot are watching the Euros?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Cor Scotland putting on a real show of their amazing quality.....

Gray

FH is my second home
Sad day for footballers it seems, Super Kev has passed away after a short illness, and a young keeper from Millwall also.

Kev was a real hero for us

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I assume you lot are watching the Euros?
I might watch a match if England make the final.

So not interested in international football. But there's a scot at work, so if they're still in it when I finish my hols then I might watch one of them too...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I might watch a match if England make the final.
Blimey. I watched the first half, and the last 10 mins.

Kind of reminded me why I don't watch England. But then, it's a win at the start. So all good I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom