Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Use your words, @Embattle. A facepalm on a comment about the cause (or certainly a catalyst) of the current wave of nasty bullshit in England from a Leave-voting, Chelsea-supporting Tory (talk about ticking boxes) isn't a good look.

He doesn't see that though, that's my conclusion, his only exposure is to traditional middle class Tory voters, that's the only reason I can think of which explains the denial.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I am going to disagree. This isn't just a Brexit issue, if it was it would be unique to the UK. Cunts are rabid all over at the moment. US, UK, even in the EU. The right is energised by social media and anonymity, and certain politicians being absolute bell ends.

We don't have actual, open nationalists in office, they got fuck all back from the elections.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I am going to disagree. This isn't just a Brexit issue, if it was it would be unique to the UK. Cunts are rabid all over at the moment. US, UK, even in the EU. The right is energised by social media and anonymity, and certain politicians being absolute bell ends.

I agree that it's mainly a social media issue, but brexit definitely hasn't helped. There was so much immigration related rhetoric at the time.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's also a shame that these arseholes chose football for their tribalism, again, not unique to the UK, take a look at any league and it has its ultras. Difference being, ours throw a few tables around now and again, others get a bit stabby.

Gwadien

We don't have actual, open nationalists in office, they got fuck all back from the elections.

Yeah but, Brexit happened, Tories realised they get lots of votes from Red areas with nationalism, so jump on that shit, do you remember that song the Government wanted kids singing in school a month or two back? Jeez.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It's also a shame that these arseholes chose football for their tribalism, again, not unique to the UK, take a look at any league and it has its ultras. Difference being, ours throw a few tables around now and again, others get a bit stabby.
This is one of the most annoying things about it imo. I go to a lot of football and a lot of pubs pre-football, and I've barely ever seen any trouble. There has been so much great work in rooting out the cunts in club football, but all of that comes undone when England are involved.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Supposedly due to not wanting to be racially abused by our fucking cunt dickhead fans

Embattle

FH is my second home

Supposedly due to not wanting to be racially abused by our fucking cunt dickhead fans

Yeah probably not the only reason.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Disagree.

We only see the footie bit.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah but, Brexit happened, Tories realised they get lots of votes from Red areas with nationalism, so jump on that shit, do you remember that song the Government wanted kids singing in school a month or two back? Jeez.
Theres a difference between nationalism and racism.

plenty of people with family origins from outside our country that are or see them selves as british.

Gwadien

So we've gone from there's nothing wrong with patriotism to there's nothing wrong with nationalism.

Fucking nationalism.

If you're saying that you don't see the problem with nationalism you are the problem.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So we've gone from there's nothing wrong with patriotism to there's nothing wrong with nationalism.

Fucking nationalism.

If you're saying that you don't see the problem with nationalism you are the problem.
I didnt say there were not issues with nationalism. I mean its very isolationist and doesn’t contribute to a global view thats needed for real change. But its not necessarily true that a nationalist is a racist.

some nationalism is good. To be proud of where you come from and try to improve it.

you seem to look at the extremes of everything to make your points.

Gwadien

I didnt say there were not issues with nationalism. I mean its very isolationist and doesn’t contribute to a global view thats needed for real change. But its not necessarily true that a nationalist is a racist.

some nationalism is good. To be proud of where you come from and try to improve it.

you seem to look at the extremes of everything to make your points.

You seem to stick your head in the sand and ignore what's happening in your own country, because it doesn't directly effect you.

:)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
You seem to stick your head in the sand and ignore what's happening in your own country, because it doesn't directly effect you.

:)
I have different views to you doesn’t make them any more or less valid than yours Or anyone elses.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have different views to you doesn’t make them any more or less valid than yours Or anyone elses.
It's not about validity. You can "validly" hold any opinion you like.

It's about whether it's logically justifiable...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It's not about validity. You can "validly" hold any opinion you like.

It's about whether it's logically justifiable...
Obviously to me it is. And to him it is. Otherwise you wouldn’t hold it.

Just because my reasons don’t align With his doesn’t mean they are wrong.

valid and logically justifiable are the same thing from each individuals perspective.

the way things move forward if when the majority hold a similar opinion and it gets acted on.

which leaves all those with an alternative opinion crying cause they don’t agree.

that has always been the case. Just now everyone has an open platform to vent their grievances. The internet. So they find all those with similar views to themselves and cry together.

convince enough that the alt view is better and it becomes the acted on opinion and around goes the roundabout.

as we as humans are making the rules as we go along and theres no divine judgement to say whats right or wrong Its only by consensus that things move and not necessarily by right and wrong.

can see now how right changes over time. From slavery to colonialism.

there are lots of things that will be judged wrong in 40 years time that we are doing today.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
But hey this is football thread not bitching about cnuts that dont even kick a ball

When is new season thread coming?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Obviously to me it is. And to him it is. Otherwise you wouldn’t hold it.

Just because my reasons don’t align With his doesn’t mean they are wrong.

valid and logically justifiable are the same thing from each individuals perspective.
This is the typical rant in the defence of opinion. And I'll state again - it's valid to hold any old opinion - "the sky is orange". You can hold any opinion you like.

But there is absolutely a qualitative "right or wrong" that can be held about those opinions. "No, the sky fucking isn't orange".

So the strength of your argument (politically) is based on the quality and amount of evidence that you have to back up a logical argument.

Otherwise your voting is just based on "how I feel" - which is the vast majority of people and an utterly shit base for voting.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The new Man United kit is horrendous, it looks like some 15 year old intern designed it.

Awful isn't it. So many bad kits this year, feels like the designers are trying too hard. Can't believe they've gone classic and simple and still managed to fuck it up so badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom