Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Gray

FH is my second home
Pretty disappointed we didn't push for Romero as keeper again. Pickford still feels like not-so-safe-hands. Olsen has impressed since he has played a few games but I still think we should have gone for Romero...

I didn't know it was an actual loan we got for King, suppose it will be a good trial for him should he decide to stay next season. My only concern is we haven't really improved on service, DCL has the capability of scoring the goals but he has been so starved of any decent service in the past few games. There seems to have been mention of us cutting it very close to the FFP though which could explain any lack of purchases...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
This fucking kid Jankewitz was only starting cos he was giving out about no playing time and handed in a transfer request. Gets his first start, sent off after 79 seconds. Nob.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Even it goes the way of that Leicester match at least we know Hassenhuttl is capable of bouncing back, once he has a fit (and unsuspended squad). Djenepo winds me up though, he seems very raw and loses the ball for fun which is the opposite of what you needed before you conceded the first.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Another shit VAR decision against us lol. Che's knee hair must've been offside.

Djenepo is crap. Most Saints fans love him but he is one of those players that runs around loads so people think he is good despite the fact he offers nothing.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Even it goes the way of that Leicester match at least we know Hassenhuttl is capable of bouncing back, once he has a fit (and unsuspended squad). Djenepo winds me up though, he seems very raw and loses the ball for fun which is the opposite of what you needed before you conceded the first.

It is and probably can once squad back but I suspect a continued fall overall.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I wonder if there have ever been 2 teams go down to 9 men on the same day before...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It is and probably can once squad back but I suspect a continued fall overall.
Why? We were top of the league when we had a fully fit squad. We have about 5 of our starters fit at the moment, and a couple of them, JWP in particular, are in desperate need of a rest.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Why? We were top of the league when we had a fully fit squad. We have about 5 of our starters fit at the moment, and a couple of them, JWP in particular, are in desperate need of a rest.

The season is only going to get harder as wear and tear takes its toll, in the end only one team recently has bucked the trend by winning the PL (Leicester) compared to the usual top teams. I'm not saying you won't do well but I reckon top third is a good outcome unless the season carries on being a bit odd.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The season is only going to get harder as wear and tear takes its toll, in the end only one team recently has bucked the trend by winning the PL (Leicester) compared to the usual top teams. I'm not saying you won't do well but I reckon top third is a good outcome unless the season carries on being a bit odd.
Harder for everyone else because wear and tear has already taken its toll on us and we are just starting to get our players back.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Having seen Luiz's red card, that was never a red and yet another VAR fuckup, however, when you have that much form for doing stupid things then expect to be treated unfairly from time to time.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Bednareks was worse. Didn't actually touch Martial, Martial admitted as much, penalty and red card.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Jupitus any chance we can rename this the VAR guckup thread? It's all they seem to be talking about.

Kthxbye :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Again, just because the FA are essentially useless and don't know how to use VAR properly, does not mean it should be got rid of, just fixed :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Again, it's not VAR itself, it's the rules that are fucking wank, it's just easier to blame VAR.

4 decisions against us in the last 2 games

1. Ings disallowed goal v Villa, because half an inch of his sleeve was offside - Shit rule.
  2. Matty Cash handball v Villa - not a penalty because it grazed his thigh (apparently? no one actually saw this), despite the fact he still made a blatant movement of his hand towards the ball to stop it. Shit Rule
  3. Adams disallowed goal v United, fuck knows what was wrong with this one. One of of his knee hairs offside? Shit rule
  4. Martial diving for a pen. Bednarek sent off because he stood near him whilst trying to get out the way. Dogshit refereeing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
But but but VAR makes refereeing decisions more accurate and less contestable! I mean, it's totally worth what we lose from the spirit of the game because all refereeing decisions are exactly right and accurate because of the use of technology!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
But but but VAR makes refereeing decisions more accurate and less contestable! I mean, it's totally worth what we lose from the spirit of the game because all refereeing decisions are exactly right and accurate because of the use of technology!
Change the record you boring arsehole. VAR SHOULD a do that, in its current form it doesn't. Basically every single person on this forum agrees with that except you. Fuck me you make this a miserable place to read. When is Job coming back?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Change the record you boring arsehole. VAR SHOULD a do that, in its current form it doesn't.
Start to think - VAR can never do that.

In response to your boredom comment - gawd you make reading this place feel like trawling through the scrawlings of a creative writing class for remedial children :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Start to think - VAR can never do that.

In response to your boredom comment - gawd you make reading this place feel like trawling through the scrawlings of a creative writing class for remedial children :)

You really are an insufferable cunt.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You really are an insufferable cunt.
Don't have an answer to the question though do you thickie. And you'll be sat in your pants raging at shit VAR decisions in ten years because it's inherently unfixable because the decisions are subjective.

If they change the rules to suit VAR that's still a subjective decision. You'll just be going "teh r00lz aer dumb" instead.

I might be an insufferable cunt - but that just makes both of us cunts, disagreeing with each other.

Edit: but honestly, I think deep down you know the above is true, and that's why I'm pissing you off so much :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
New pitch at Elland road looks VERY slippery - good first goal by the Toffees, though @Gray

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom