Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Embattle

FH is my second home
The main thing is that he is playing an outdated system which is clearly not working, and is showing no inclination to change it.

That is main issue I have, it just seems he gets set in a way of doing things and then just changes players rather than style. I know it isn't popular but I've said it before we look like Arsenal of old where we try and walk the ball up the field and then into the net.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
That is main issue I have, it just seems he gets set in a way of doing things and then just changes players rather than style. I know it isn't popular but I've said it before we look like Arsenal of old where we try and walk the ball up the field and then into the net.

I'd compare you more to Barcelona circa 2007 without the talent.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Tuchel didn't exactly cover himself in glory at PSG and seems to have wound everyone up from top to bottom in the club; seems like an odd one for Abramovich.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Nah, this is something else; I only noticed it because there was more than one game with a female commentator on last night, and it sounded like they'd had the same voice coach, who's advice seems to have been, "go for a teenage boy from no identifiable location crossed with a late 90s satnav".
Jackie oakley i think it is who when her voice gets excited for the scoring of a goal or a chance or something just sounds soo wrong. just like you say a 13 year old boy trying to commentate the game.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Knew it would happen at some point, poisoned chalice. I don't know why anyone bothers taking the job.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyone fancy a sweepstake on when he is fired? I reckon October.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What a wank night for Southampton. More injuries, another loss, baffling/tight VAR decisions.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Absolutely done by VAR there lol. Bigger issue is two important players going down, we are so thin on the ground as it is.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
How long is KWP out for? Ward Prowse at right back seemed a bit... wild.

I don't know what happened to Diallo (groin maybe?) but it looked like a hammy for Walcott.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
How long is KWP out for? Ward Prowse at right back seemed a bit... wild.

I don't know what happened to Diallo (groin maybe?) but it looked like a hammy for Walcott.
JWP has filled in at right back for years to be fair. Our back up RB is Valery who is an absolutely shocking defender. KWP back soon I think (hope).

Definitely hammy for Theo. Not surprised to be honest, he has played more or less every minute since he re-joined as we have so little depth.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
JWP has filled in at right back for years to be fair. Our back up RB is Valery who is an absolutely shocking defender. KWP back soon I think (hope).

Definitely hammy for Theo. Not surprised to be honest, he has played more or less every minute since he re-joined as we have so little depth.
Yeah I know Valery played quite a bit last season but had fallen out of favour. I remember thinking that KWP would've done better than him for one of Arsenal's goals the other day but that could just be because I have a soft spot for KWP.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Yeah I know Valery played quite a bit last season but had fallen out of favour. I remember thinking that KWP would've done better than him for one of Arsenal's goals the other day but that could just be because I have a soft spot for KWP.
I was a bit dubious about KWP when we signed him, and it looked like that doubt was justified as he was dog shit his first few games, but he has been great recently.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yup he always showed flashes of being good with the first team (when Poch gave him a chance) but he was really highly regarded, coming up through the academy. Bit lightweight but tenacious and quick and deceptively strong. It's great to see him performing consistently well.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Strange deadline day for us...

Loaned out Long to Bournemouth (finally)
Loaned in Minamino from Liverpool (juries out, apparently he is a liability defensively in the high press, but offers us some depth)
Loaned out Yan Valery, which leaves us with only 2 recognised full backs, including the under 23s!

Gray

FH is my second home
We look to have taken Josh king on a short term deal. Deal is strange, we couldn't have longer than 6 months because of FFP.

He could have gone to Fulham permanent, so Everton must be paying him top dollar only for him to possibly move on at the end of season.

We've had a lot of fringe outgoings though, Cenk moved on for now and some younger guys. I just hope we have enough depth in case of injury...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Makes sense for him go to Everton to be honest. If he impresses, they'll likely pick him up on a free at the end of the season and he's playing european foootball next year. If it doesn't work out, he is a free agent and will probably have a lot of offers.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
We've sent Gazzaniga out on loan which officially makes Joe Hart our second keeper.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Loaned in Minamino from Liverpool (juries out, apparently he is a liability defensively in the high press, but offers us some depth)
I've not really seen him do anything tbh.

Hopefully a change of scene and maybe a bit more game time helps him shine.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I've not really seen him do anything tbh.

Hopefully a change of scene and maybe a bit more game time helps him shine.

Liverpool fans on reddit seem impressed with him going forward, and his work rate when pressing high, but that he doesn't seem to offer anything defensively, which you need to as a winger in a system like Liverpools or Southamptons

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think his work rate can't be doubted but I don't see him achieve much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom