Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
This is the problem with VAR... Why was that goal not checked?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
City getting a helping hand from VAR and ref. Player clearly offside takes ball from Ming's. Awful decision.!

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Mind boggling commentary from BBC on the Utd Liverpool game. Other than gobbling Thiago off on the pitch, I think Jenas ran out of superlatives for what was an absolutely bang average performance.

Unpopular Opinion, Thiago won't do shit in the Premier League.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Mind boggling commentary from BBC on the Utd Liverpool game. Other than gobbling Thiago off on the pitch, I think Jenas ran out of superlatives for what was an absolutely bang average performance.

Unpopular Opinion, Thiago won't do shit in the Premier League.
Not been massively impressed with him so far, but it's early days yet.

Embattle

FH is my second home
My worst commentator is Keown when on an Arsenal game, he always gets a hard-on and seems to lose all objectivity.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Oh thank God its not just me noticing it; the BBC seems to have a rake of utterly terrible commentators at the moment; and what is it with the women? They've all developed this weird accent; I don't know if its supposed to sound more authoritative or something, but it just sounds...odd, and they all do it.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Oh thank God its not just me noticing it; the BBC seems to have a rake of utterly terrible commentators at the moment; and what is it with the women? They've all developed this weird accent; I don't know if its supposed to sound more authoritative or something, but it just sounds...odd, and they all do it.
Surely it's just a "commentary voice"? All the blokes do it as well

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's not just the beeb, Owen Hargreaves is particularly bad at putting an accent on and Steve McManaman drives me up the wall. The main commentator constantly has to cajole him into saying something and 9 times out of 10 he just agrees with whatever he just heard and re-says it in a slightly different way.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Surely it's just a "commentary voice"? All the blokes do it as well

Nah, this is something else; I only noticed it because there was more than one game with a female commentator on last night, and it sounded like they'd had the same voice coach, who's advice seems to have been, "go for a teenage boy from no identifiable location crossed with a late 90s satnav".

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I get that there should be more women in football commentary etc, but what's the point if they are crap? One or two are decent enough but this drive to have 50/50 representation isn't working.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I feel people are a bit harsh on them. There are SO MANY crap male commentators/pundits who get a much easier ride. I was listening to Hoddle commentate the other day... sounds like he stopped watching properly when he was kicked out of management 15 years ago.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I don't think his analysis is bad, it's just his voice is soooo fucking boring. He's like the Nigel Mansell of football.
Are you kidding? His analysis is shocking.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
lol, OK. :)

Maybe because he's so boring I just don't listen closely to him ;)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Tuchel's a funny one. You'd actually have to try really hard to not clear up domestically with PSG (Poch won a cup in his 2nd match ffs) and it never felt like Tuchel commanded the respect of the big players.

Embattle

FH is my second home
BBC seem to of confirmed it, seems shocking in some ways although I do have the odd gripe about Lampard's decisions as manager which I think he should of resolved quicker but not to the point of him getting sacked.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
BBC seem to of confirmed it, seems shocking in some ways although I do have the odd gripe about Lampard's decisions as manager which I think he should of resolved quicker but not to the point of him getting sacked.
The main thing is that he is playing an outdated system which is clearly not working, and is showing no inclination to change it.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Tuchel's a funny one. You'd actually have to try really hard to not clear up domestically with PSG (Poch won a cup in his 2nd match ffs) and it never felt like Tuchel commanded the respect of the big players.

Not many people available i'd say. Allegri wasn't interested apparently, Nagelsmann wanted to stay in Germany until at least the end of the season. I thought they might make a run at Hasenhutl, but obviously glad they didn't. I do wonder if Leicester were contacted about Rodgers, especiaally given his links to the club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom