Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
There are 72 teams in the league. You're 5 behind us.

I can understand why you're so bitter though. Over the last 5 seasons 14 out of 20 Premier League teams have outspent Lollerpool - including the mighty Bournemouth, Brighton and Wolves.

Southampton though, you've been selling so hard you've actually made a tiny profit!

Imagine if you hadn't sold your best players! Where might you be?! Maybe you'd have reached Leicester's heights! :)

There are 20 teams in the League. The Premier League is not part of the Football League, it's a separate business. And even if it was, there would be 92 teams in the league system, not 72, shows how much you know about anything else.

I'm not bitter about Liverpool anymore than am I about any of the big spenders, by the way. It obviously annoys me that they shithouse their way around with no scouting system, and just buy the best players in the premier league who they think they can get a good deal on by unsettling them. But United used to do it, Spurs do it now as well.

I don't know why you'd put that line about Leicester? I've come to terms with the fact that Southampton are never going to win the league, and it's not a big deal to me. Maybe when I was 10 years old. It gets on my nerves that the league is not competitive in general outside of a few teams. Leicester was great... but do I have to wait another 25 years for something exciting to happen?

The Premier League was set up to benefit the big boys, and hopefully when they all fuck off the super league then there will be some whinging fans who should who have said they won't stand for the way football is going a long time ago, but didn't because their side was doing well.

Like Raven, I prefer going to lower league football now. I watch Saints on Sky because I have access to my dads Sky Go account, I wouldn't pay for it myself though. I will always go to St Marys though if i'm in Southampton and there is a game on, i'll admit, because I just love live football. But as i grow older, the less attachment I have to the town, and when my dad moves back to Wales like he is planning to, i'll likely never have an excuse to go there, so who knows.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just winding you up m8 ;)

To be fair, since VAR I struggle to give much of a shit about any of it. - I've long hated what such inequality of income has done to the game.

Like real life I think there should be a maximum cap, beyond which the profits created by the existence of the game get shared around the whole football family. Inequality is useful to a point, then it becomes counter productive.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm very much of the belief that clubs should be non-profits. Football Clubs were invented to give the local blokes something to do, and social lives grew around them. I'm more for the money going back into local communities rather than football. I know the horse bolted a long time ago but it's amazing how far away we are from that now.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Right now I believe the highest possible points for first is something like 78, so it has been a tough year do far.

Nah, there's still 63 points to play for. I do think it will be a low points season, but I also think that's a good thing.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Unless someone starts pulling away soon I think it is going to be one of the tightest seasons ever for the prem. We are coming up to halfway through the season and there are only 10 points separating top from 10th

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Unless someone starts pulling away soon I think it is going to be one of the tightest seasons ever for the prem. We are coming up to halfway through the season and there are only 10 points separating top from 10th

Yep. Despite my moaning earlier, this is the most engaged i've been in a season for years. Partly because we're locked down so fuck all else to do but watch football, but largely because of how tight it is.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
We've had 5, and put them all away. Man U have had six and missed some. :)

But then, that post is like saying "if we changed the rules of football, results might change".
Not just missed some you needed them to win. Where as taking the six man u had and removing them the result still stand mostly. I think thats what he means.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think so far UTD have also benefited from less pressure, nobody has expected them to compete this season, and they have rightfully or wrongly been written off...but now they are top, they sneaked in :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not just missed some you needed them to win. Where as taking the six man u had and removing them the result still stand mostly. I think thats what he means.
Yeah. United are the form team, and we've been patchy.

But a pen is a pen - it means someone's been taken down (probably Mane) when there's a potential scoring opportunity.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I think so far UTD have also benefited from less pressure, nobody has expected them to compete this season, and they have rightfully or wrongly been written off...but now they are top, they sneaked in :)
To me it doesn't feel like there is much pressure on anyone, given the batshit nature of the season.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I remember Shearer's debut...well perhaps not debut, but I remember when he started at Blackburn, after being sold by Southampton.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I remember Shearer's debut...well perhaps not debut, but I remember when he started at Blackburn, after being sold by Southampton.
I temember him scoring against stevenage in the fa cup. The chancer. It wasnt over the line lol

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I hate the fact we have another celebrity manager using our club as a springboard for their own career
You don't hate the the fact that your club is using celebrities rather than doing the hard work of finding a young, talented and hungry manager to take you forward for years to come?

Rooney might be using Derby as a springboard (but from the painful interviews he used to give it never seemed like he had the intellect required for management) but Derby hired him.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You don't hate the the fact that your club is using celebrities rather than doing the hard work of finding a young, talented and hungry manager to take you forward for years to come?

Rooney might be using Derby as a springboard (but from the painful interviews he used to give it never seemed like he had the intellect required for management) but Derby hired him.

Oh yeah, I dislike the club for doing it for sure.

The Chairman is trying to sell the club off, and I think he's maximising our value.

As I've said previously, Lampard had half the Chelsea squad on loan when he was manager, and then he left for Chelsea, taking all the Chelsea players back with him, resulting us being at the bottom of the table for the start of the season.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The Chairman is trying to sell the club off, and I think he's maximising our value.
Rooney is a "face" but he's a face that needs to take them up the table if that's going to be the case.

But urgh. What a fugly face.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Rooney is a "face" but he's a face that needs to take them up the table if that's going to be the case.

But urgh. What a fugly face.

'Putting us up the table' is what Lampard did.

Look where that left us.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
'Putting us up the table' is what Lampard did.

Look where that left us.
Got them to the playoff final where they were beaten by a very good Villa team. When was the last time that happened since Derby were relegated?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I always thought Maddison was a bit of a tosser but this is a great interview...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom