Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Embattle

FH is my second home
Turkey went on the Red list, seems the government is in talks with FA and UEFA about bringing it here.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Turkey went on the Red list, seems the government is in talks with FA and UEFA about bringing it here.
Should be doing it regardless, so glad they're seeing sense eventually. Sponsors be damned! Just give it to Istanbul next year.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They ought to be more flexible anyway. It was the same a few years back, there is no point in two teams from the same country playing their game in another country, for environmental reasons alone, plus the fans wanting to see the match...not that EUFA care about fans.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Real and Barca look to be getting another punch in the nuts, straight after bankruptcy too.

Oh no, what a shame, my gut is wrenched.*

*If EUFA had any real teeth

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I do wonder if the owners could go to court over the fines and EUFA imposing a monopoly on the game. Still, good on EUFA for doing something.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I don't think UEFA and FIFA should kid themselves, fans don't particularly like them either it is just the SL was an even worse idea.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Rules eh.

I mean offside is offside right?

Or do we make a subjective decision on what is "clear and obvious".

That argument cannot be anything but...

I don't get your point. This is objectively not offside.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Every time I drop Dallas to the bench in FF he has a blinding week.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't get your point. This is objectively not offside.
Point 1:
It was offside.
... well, that cleared that up.

Point 2: If you're OK with holding up the game to draw lines all over the pitch, because: money (isn't money bad?) then fine.

Point 3: If we're only supposed to be using it for "clear and obvious" - then how do you define how clear, how obvious? What clear and obvious is is a completely subjective decision.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
"Clear and obvious" has got precisely fuck all to do with offside calls - it's for things like penalties and red cards.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"Clear and obvious" has got precisely fuck all to do with offside calls - it's for things like penalties and red cards.
So, we're back to holding up the game to draw lines all over the pitch.

Yay.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Every time I drop Dallas to the bench in FF he has a blinding week.
I wonder if Bielsas head would be turned by a lucrative offer from Spurs. Kane is all but gone, and wouldn't fit into a Bielsa team well anyway, potentially giving him a lot of money to spend to shape a team in his image.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Point 1:

... well, that cleared that up.

Point 2: If you're OK with holding up the game to draw lines all over the pitch, because: money (isn't money bad?) then fine.

Point 3: If we're only supposed to be using it for "clear and obvious" - then how do you define how clear, how obvious? What clear and obvious is is a completely subjective decision.

Point 1. According to the rules, he is offside. That is what I was complaining about, not VAR. The current offside law is shit and shows VAR in a terrible light. That should not be offside because Kane gains no advantage. Ralph Hassenhutl made me laugh in the Saints fan forum the other day. He said VAR works brilliantly in Germany but over here the laws and lack of competent officials is ruining it.

Point 2. As long as the correct decision is reached in the end, then yes. It used well in basically every other sport in the world, and well in football in some countries other than England. We are just a country of fucking luddites apparently.

Point 3. Clear and obvious mistake is subjective. Whether something is or is not a foul is objective, but even with technology officials are constantly reaching the wrong decisions. This is not VARs fault. Nothing to do with this decision anyway. All goals are automatically checked.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Point 1. According to the rules, he is offside. That is what I was complaining about, not VAR. The current offside law is shit and shows VAR in a terrible light.
Really?

He's fucking offside. Part of him that can play the ball is offside. It's exactly the kind of thing VAR is for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom