Football The 2019/2020 Season Thread

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They will be putting themselves in the shop window.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Well at least we know who will finish bottom next season!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Sean Dyche, manager of the season imo. Burnley punching well above their weight, again.

He lives less than a mile from me too! :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well done, Villa. The brass at Watford will look a bit silly if they end up going down. I'm not sure Pearson could've kept them up but there was stability at least. That said, if Arsenal turn up like that next week there won't be a problem.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Well done, Villa. The brass at Watford will look a bit silly if they end up going down. I'm not sure Pearson could've kept them up but there was stability at least. That said, if Arsenal turn up like that next week there won't be a problem.

I despise Watford and everything their owners stand for (takes special skill to be more objectionable than Arab princes or the Glazers); looking forward to their plummet through the divisions.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fingers crossed for Chelski and Leicester tomorrow.

Would like to see Villa win too.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Bye bye, Watford. It's pointless whataboutism but I bet Pearson would've got something from that game today. It sucks for Bournemouth, they look to have put in a real performance today (although, against Everton, you never know) but if they're going to concede 60+ goals every season (like they have since they came up) their luck was bound to run out at some point.

Gray

FH is my second home
Even though I did want an Everton win, I did want Bournemouth to stay up mainly because we could try and poach some Aston Villa players. Everton really need to crack on for next season now and get their ideas in tow and not piss around with signings as we do every year. As soon as the window opens we need to be right in there.

Bit sad Baines has retired. If anything I thought he may have moved clubs or even gone into a player/coach role. He could have given us a bit more flexibillity for the season even part time. At least I hope he has/is going to have a better send off than what Jagielka had.

Moving down the leagues: From that post I made in early July about Wigan (
View: https://twitter.com/marksparko/status/1279000646335836163
) - I guess they went down in the final game... Shocking completely and I wonder if this is or is going to be investigated..

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Two excellent goals by Fulham in the first leg of the play-off semi-final - a great bit of individual skill by Onomah and a superb freekick by Kebano.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
No Welshies in the Prem next season. Brentford vs. Fulham in the play-off final next Tuesday.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Its due to Qatar winning the case against Saudi streaming FIFA WC which Bein owned the rights to for the ME area. Saudi response is legal as they can exclude providers in their coverage area, much like China did after Tiamen.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Hence why it was causing an issue with SA being involved with the Newcastle bid.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Its due to Qatar winning the case against Saudi streaming FIFA WC which Bein owned the rights to for the ME area. Saudi response is legal as they can exclude providers in their coverage area, much like China did after Tiamen.

Mate of mine who's a huge Toon fan has been crowing about their new "richest club in the Prem" status for months. I'm deciding when to give him a call...

In other news, Jiminez to United sounds tasty.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

I knew he'd brought them up from the brink of doom but I didn't realise he'd been with them so long. What a sad end to their Premier League adventure. None of their players have relegation clauses in their contracts so they're going to have to sell half of them just to get their books in order. Aké's already gone to City I think (or a fee has been agreed). It's poor management that they haven't used the money to improve their stadium or facilities or anything - their training ground is apparently a shithole in desperate need of improvement.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Wolves never looked like winning tonight, it just seemed like a matter of how long it would take Sevilla to score.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Psg a bit lucky tonight. Left it late for a brace

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom