Football The 2018/2019 Season Thread

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
This I dislike. He's clearly one of England's best players but people are fucked off because he's not Ronaldo.

It's so ficking weird. Why don't they hate on Rashford more for being a waste of space, for example? But no - they clamour for him to come on to replace the definitely better Sterling.

International football is shite.
But still not cause he is black.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Any offensive player is going to thrive at City with the quality they have around them. He's better at City than he was at Liverpool but he still did the thing where he gets to the final third and shits himself more times than I can remember last season. He also did it several times per match in the World Cup. Absolutely shit the bed as soon as he had to stop and actually make a decision as to what he was going to do. Either a shit shot, a poor pass or he just took so long trying to make his mind up that the opposition defence came in and took it off him. Time and time again. It's what he'll be remembered for.

And no, none of this has anything to do with the colour of his skin. He got low ratings for the World Cup matches because he was shit at the World Cup. Pickford, Trippier, Maguire (and Stones if I'm being generous) are the only players who had a good tournament - the rest were either meh with flashes of being better than meh or bad.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Any offensive player is going to thrive at City with the quality they have around them. He's better at City than he was at Liverpool but he still did the thing where he gets to the final third and shits himself more times than I can remember last season. He also did it several times per match in the World Cup. Absolutely shit the bed as soon as he had to stop and actually make a decision as to what he was going to do. Either a shit shot, a poor pass or he just took so long trying to make his mind up that the opposition defence came in and took it off him. Time and time again. It's what he'll be remembered for.
He's twenty three.

And a winger.

Willian - 36 appearances, 6 goals. Eden Hazard - 34 appearences, 12 goals. Sterling, 33 appearances, 18 goals.

So, he fluffs his lines a lot? He's a kid, not a striker, and still bangs 'em away at a stonking rate. And being a winger he creates opportunities (or is his value only as a goalscorer? - which I'd argue isn't his primary job). Eleven assists last season too. So he's contributing. Lots.

I don't think it's racism either. I think it may have a little of class about it. But he's absolutely getting unfairly panned. But that happens with England players - even if they're very good England fans expect better of them. Especially the better ones in the squad - Rooney got panned as an England player a fair bit - again because he wasn't Ronaldo. But who is?

Edit: At the moment, I guess it IS "what he'll be remembered for" - but he's A) time to turn that around and B) being unfairly treated. Which is what this conversation's about - professionals are going "what the actual fuck? this kid is great"...

...and aside from that, I don't like the judas cunt. But I'd still have him back in the Liverpool squad any time. ;)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Sterling was awful at this World Cup in comparison to the League.

That's what angers the fans the most, when they see a player with huge potential being shit.

That being said, I generally thought of the England team were pretty poor, there was only a couple of standout people.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sterling was awful at this World Cup in comparison to the League.

That's what angers the fans the most, when they see a player with huge potential being shit.

That being said, I generally thought of the England team were pretty poor, there was only a couple of standout people.
I thought Harry Kane was woeful at this World Cup in comparison to the league.

He was stuck in midfield, miles from the front line. Sterling did all the running and held the ball up well up-front, but couldn't put it away (winger, not striker tho). So he was exposed because he actually did some work. Kane just sat there, doing fuck all.

Funnily enough though, I don't blame Kane for being fucking woeful and not bringing his Tottenham form to England. I blame Southgate.

But I have noticed that Kane isn't getting any shit for his performances whatsoever. Or the other players that Southgate kept bringing on to placate the England fans back home who did much worse than Sterling when he was dragged off...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I thought Harry Kane was woeful at this World Cup in comparison to the league.

He was stuck in midfield, miles from the front line. Sterling did all the running and held the ball up well up-front, but couldn't put it away (winger, not striker tho). So he was exposed because he actually did some work. Kane just sat there, doing fuck all.

Funnily enough though, I don't blame Kane for being fucking woeful and not bringing his Tottenham form to England. I blame Southgate.

But I have noticed that Kane isn't getting any shit for his performances whatsoever. Or the other players that Southgate kept bringing on to placate the England fans back home who did much worse than Sterling when he was dragged off...

I agree, I did post that Kane was shit, but then I decided not to.

The main thing I remember about Sterling is losing the ball, that's about it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The main thing I remember about Sterling is losing the ball, that's about it.
I remember him running at people with the ball, getting the ball hoofed up front as he was on-point and doing well holding it up, then losing it - mainly because time and again he had nobody to pass it on to - because Kane was smoking a joint near the centre circle.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
He's twenty three.

And a winger.

Willian - 36 appearances, 6 goals. Eden Hazard - 34 appearences, 12 goals. Sterling, 33 appearances, 18 goals.

So, he fluffs his lines a lot? He's a kid, not a striker, and still bangs 'em away at a stonking rate. And being a winger he creates opportunities (or is his value only as a goalscorer? - which I'd argue isn't his primary job). Eleven assists last season too. So he's contributing. Lots.

I don't think it's racism either. I think it may have a little of class about it. But he's absolutely getting unfairly panned. But that happens with England players - even if they're very good England fans expect better of them. Especially the better ones in the squad - Rooney got panned as an England player a fair bit - again because he wasn't Ronaldo. But who is?

Edit: At the moment, I guess it IS "what he'll be remembered for" - but he's A) time to turn that around and B) being unfairly treated. Which is what this conversation's about - professionals are going "what the actual fuck? this kid is great"...

...and aside from that, I don't like the judas cunt. But I'd still have him back in the Liverpool squad any time. ;)
Genuinely don't think Sterling would get in the Liverpool side these days.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Genuinely don't think Sterling would get in the Liverpool side these days.
He'd absolutely be in there. He's ever present for City but he'd rotate with our front 3. And the fact that we seem to be better now I reckon he'd bring his City form with him.

I wouldn't start him against any of our front 3, but I'd definitely be bringing him on as a quality replacement - protecting them from injury as soon as the job was done. Or switching him with Keita (who everyone's spooging over, but I'm not 100% sold yet - he looks fast, but appears a bit slower than he looks to me if you get what I mean?) - as he can definitely play in behind and carry a threat (and a pass). He'd be a first-choice supersub.

Bit worried that we're letting Klavan go. Only got two central defenders at the moment as Lovren and Matip are crocked. And Lovren ain't good enough. (Jury is out on Matip for me). So we're still weak at the back IMO.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I take back those nice things I was saying about Kenedy - he was awful today.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
He'd absolutely be in there. He's ever present for City but he'd rotate with our front 3. And the fact that we seem to be better now I reckon he'd bring his City form with him.

I wouldn't start him against any of our front 3, but I'd definitely be bringing him on as a quality replacement - protecting them from injury as soon as the job was done. Or switching him with Keita (who everyone's spooging over, but I'm not 100% sold yet - he looks fast, but appears a bit slower than he looks to me if you get what I mean?) - as he can definitely play in behind and carry a threat (and a pass). He'd be a first-choice supersub.

Bit worried that we're letting Klavan go. Only got two central defenders at the moment as Lovren and Matip are crocked. And Lovren ain't good enough. (Jury is out on Matip for me). So we're still weak at the back IMO.
Oh don't get me wrong, not saying he wouldn't get in the squad. But in the starting eleven I think he'd struggle to push out Mane or Salah, those two are just so much more consistent with their finishing. I do rate Sterling mind, I'd just put Salah and Mane above hin. I've not actually watched any of your games fully yet this season to see Keita, people seem to be loving him though.

Klavan thing is weird, especially with him going for peanuts.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If Wood hasn't have had enough of him already. Senior players like De will also have an opinion I expect.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
r8fhwozn1vh11.jpg

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I love giving away penalties after getting the ball, it's proper class. Hopefully that mullet sporting prick Alonso gets run over.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
There was no way that was a pen but then Yedlin totally elbowed Giroud in the face before assisting your goal. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for ex-Tottenham on ex-Arsenal abuse, but it *was* a foul... It was just a match where all of the goals were really shit, in one way or another.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Absolutely a foul but it almost felt like karma after their non penalty. Hell of a finish by Joselu too, it's his year I'm telling ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom