Football The 2018/2019 Season Thread

Gray

FH is my second home
Arsenal's Stan Kroenke makes offer to buy whole of London club

Talk is that Usmanov will likely come to Everton now, I don't know much of how this would work out considering we have Moshiri and Kenwright at the helm, unless he goes to buy out Kenwright. Wouldn't really be able to take much advantage of any extra money though considering the window closes in two days.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well, what a towering shower of shit this transfer window has been.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Seems much more likely to be related to that shinny new Stadium, even if everyone at Spurs kept trying to say it wouldn't affect transfers *while crossing their fingers*.

Gray

FH is my second home
Happy with the last minute purchases. Mina will hopefully be a great acquisition to partner Keane. If I remember Brazilians haven't fared well playing for Everton so Bernard will remain to be seen, but free transfer is perfect...

Getting rid of Ashley Williams, Mirallas, Klaassen is a job well done...

Time will tell though, last season I thought it was going to be our year...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It’s a perfect storm of short window, World Cup and Brexit/crashing Sterling.
And in our case new stadium. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's loads of interest from the continent for Premier League players starting about now.

Himse

FH is my second home
Happy with the last minute purchases. Mina will hopefully be a great acquisition to partner Keane. If I remember Brazilians haven't fared well playing for Everton so Bernard will remain to be seen, but free transfer is perfect...

Getting rid of Ashley Williams, Mirallas, Klaassen is a job well done...

Time will tell though, last season I thought it was going to be our year...

Don't forget you could also be getting Zouma on loan. A real good little loan for a small fee.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
We are top of the league, say we are top of the league. ;)

Gray

FH is my second home
Don't forget you could also be getting Zouma on loan. A real good little loan for a small fee.
Yes that too is good! We have strength and depth now in pretty much every place.

Don't know if the new signings will go straight into the team tomorrow. I really dislike playing promoted teams first, you never know what the outcome is going to be when you start fresh again.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I wouldn't mind just going with this and knocking the season on the head tbh.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah that's why I want to go with it. I wish I was as optimistic as they are about our finishing position.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The advert for ee bt sport with delia is so wrong on so many levels.

Norwich wont be on it at all and i assume she is wanting to see her teams games. I think the game pictures is liverpool roma and he is talking about premiership games.

Does anyone actually buy bt sports ? I get it free with virgin media. Loads get it bundled with phone etc.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/EE/status/1025292669411446784/video/1

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I got Skysports free with my vodafone account.
Everytime I switched it on it was just commentators talking shite to each other...people pay for this crap?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
You know it is wrong, look where Newcastle finish.
We'll be fine. Granted our transfer window has been piss poor, we've got Rafa and arguably a better side than Cardiff, Huddersfield, Brighton etc.

I kinda agree with Crystal Palace being the surprise package this season too.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah Newcastle will be ok. Kenedy was fucking terrifying a couple of times against us the other day, I was certain he was going to put that great opportunity away (we probably deserved it tbh). Yedlin looked like a pretty nasty hyper extended knee, though, so he might be out for a little while (which could be seen as a good thing, depending on how you rate him).

Embattle

FH is my second home
We'll be fine. Granted our transfer window has been piss poor, we've got Rafa and arguably a better side than Cardiff, Huddersfield, Brighton etc.

I kinda agree with Crystal Palace being the surprise package this season too.

I'm not saying they won't do better than quite a few other teams but not half way.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oooh. Just need Pogba to get crocked too (I understand he's looking good?) and lollerpool players to not get Ramos'd to buggery and IT'S OURZSSSS!!!!!!!11 :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Oooh. Just need Pogba to get crocked too (I understand he's looking good?) and lollerpool players to not get Ramos'd to buggery and IT'S OURZSSSS!!!!!!!11 :)
Lol. I think half the city team need to be crocked first.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Former Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane wants to return to management and is keen to take over at Manchester United next summer. (L'Equipe - in French)

Dont want that dick in charge tbh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Actually, he's pretty damn good.

The reason he's getting vilified is that people are sheep and there's an anti-sterling bandwagon they've jumped on.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Actually, he's pretty damn good.

The reason he's getting vilified is that people are sheep and there's an anti-sterling bandwagon they've jumped on.
Still not cause he is black tho. He is good. I mean a lot better than most or he wouldnt be in a city side. Just not as good as he could be and especially when he plays for england.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just not as good as he could be and especially when he plays for england.
This I dislike. He's clearly one of England's best players but people are fucked off because he's not Ronaldo.

It's so ficking weird. Why don't they hate on Rashford more for being a waste of space, for example? But no - they clamour for him to come on to replace the definitely better Sterling.

International football is shite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom