The 2014/2015 Fantasy Football Thread

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I had di Maria captain, erikson, cesc snd gylfi in midfield and beranhio and costa upfront. This is what happens when you remember to change your team for the first time in four weeks

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Eat a dick @Vae! Back on top!

(enjoying it while it lasts ;D)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
@Vae had a bit of a 'mare by all accounts. Oh well! :D

I predict some heavy scoring next week - lots of matches with "big" teams against "small" teams. It was definitely a midfielders' week this time around.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Yeah really not a good week :( My captain choice was OK but not great (I decided that Sterling had a greater upside than Costa particularly vs Arsenal). No clean sheets hurt as well. My week would have been quite a bit different if Baines had scored that penalty. Probably another 11 points (6 for the goal, 2 for not missing a penalty and 3 bonus). My last couple of moves (Ramsay to Tadic and Rooney to Pelle) were with a longer term view than just this game week so hopefully will work out in the long run. Just got to decide where to spend all the money leftover now!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've still got Rooney sitting on my bench from last week. I just couldn't see anybody that I thought would get me decent points in the matches in Gameweek 7 so I stuck him on as last sub and pretended he wasn't there.

I'm tempted to work Di Maria into the team as his replacement but that would mean at least a 4 point hit to wiggle things around (maybe in place of Eriksen or Downing) and then I've no idea who I would put up top. Maybe Pellè actually... or Berahino...

edit - Dammit I want Pellè but I've already got 3 Saints players so that would mean that the wiggle would cost me 8 points not 4. :(

Last edited:

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm really considering ditching Naismith and getting Cissé/Pellè/Berahino in.

Also everyone can suck it, I'm still #1 in the H2H league, that's what really matters :whistle:

Vae

Resident Freddy
I shouldn't be giving advice.... But look at Everton's upcoming fixtures before making that decision. There are several cheap forwards who are making a mockery of their price in comparison to the more 'elite' (at least in price) forwards.

Also for @caLLous Di Maria is undoubtedly a good player and has scored well but that was in a run of very good fixtures which has now, more or less, come to an end. I'm not convinced Utd have turned any kind of corner yet so I'd be cautious.

One thing making this season more interesting so far (and also more difficult) is that there is not yet a standard template team of must-haves.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Sadly Welbeck. Not unhappy but slightly ruing deciding to do Rodwell - Milner rather than Costa to Aguero (C). Wasn't convinced Costa was injured (as earlier in the season) so played it safe given his huge ownership.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I wasn't even looking at Aguero tbh, he's just so pricey (I only want one £10+m and unless Aguero starts banging them in every game, I'm sure Costa will amass more points). I shipped Rooney and Fonte out this week in favour or Pelle (C) and Baines (I can't say I'm unhappy with those decisions with hindsight :) ) and had Costa in my starting 11. I'll get 9 points for Eriksen at the end of the week when the autosubs get sorted out because Mahrez didn't play either.

Now I just need Siggy to have a blinder against Stoke tomorrow (and a nice clean sheet and some goals and/or assists for Lovren, assuming he plays) and I'll be a happy bunny.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
wow last year I barely kept up with FF until during/after x-mas, so I was always bottom to middle table; now this week I'm top for the Head to Head league and 4th-5th in regular league o_O.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
wow last year I barely kept up with FF until during/after x-mas, so I was always bottom to middle table; now this week I'm top for the Head to Head league and 4th-5th in regular league o_O.
You just fishing for someone to call u a cunt..?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well, fuck me. I went from scraping together an acceptable week to losing it all in the space of about a minute thanks to Ivanovic and Van Persie.

Also, I was banking heavily on an Everton clean sheet.

FUCK.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
This week's dream team. Tis a thing of beauty.

E12P4Fe.jpg

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Six of my players have played today, including my captain. I have a total of 9 points. :\

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fucking lol, now Fabianski has a red as well. :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
My captain choices have been absolutely hilarious for the past 5 weeks straight. I've prepared a table:
Code:
GW   Captain   Total Points
15   Costa     2
16   Pelle     2
17   Eriksen   4
18   Bony      4
19   Austin    4 (might get bonus points)
Load of rubbish. :(

God fucking damnit Wenger brought Chambers on for one fucking minute so I won't even get points for Mahrez.

Last edited:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well one things for sure, everyone's fantasy teams are going to do shit this week (fingers crossed).
Load of bollocks, I've had my best week of the season I reckon. :) Turns out Cazorla was a good pick for captain.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Load of bollocks, I've had my best week of the season I reckon. :) Turns out Cazorla was a good pick for captain.
95 points man, fucking hell :( Today would've been a bit better if Forster and Clyne kept their clean sheet.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah a Saints clean sheet would've been ideal (and Pelle achieving something as well). And obviously Bertrand not getting sent off.

On the one hand I'm glad I didn't switch Fabianski out for Krul (I was kicking myself after the Newcastle game because I was sure Southampton would score) but on the other I'm annoyed I didn't switch Ivanovic for Jagielka (one of those last minute decisions where you just think fuck it and click "confirm team").

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
From being the highest scorer in the league in weeks 23 and 24, this week has been an absolute clusterfuck. :clap:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I was kicking myself because I forgot to do my team and I had two Liverpool players sitting on my bench for a double gameweek but it honestly didn't affect me much. In fact, thinking about it, I would probably have dropped Chadli and Pelle to accommodate Henderson and Sterling, so I would've been 11 points worse off had I remembered. Liverpool. :D

Also,
:p it might be someone else's year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom