The 2014/2015 Fantasy Football Thread

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I switched him out for Costa at the last minute.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
May have to dump Costa and Jovetic for Aguero and pffffttt, Berahino?

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Can't see the appeal of picking any City strikers when they rotate so much. Aguero MAYBE, but he's expensive as f00k.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
No we need to end it RIGHT NOW. 82 points in the first week, no way this goes anywhere but downhill for me now. :D

georgie

FH is my second home
Well I cunting transferred cunting Costa out cos last I heard he was out for 6 cunting weeks with a hammy, next thing you know he's cunting training and cunting playing and cunting scoring goals...

Cunt. :(

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Well I cunting transferred cunting Costa out cos last I heard he was out for 6 cunting weeks with a hammy, next thing you know he's cunting training and cunting playing and cunting scoring goals...

Cunt. :(

And what I hate about FF is that thinking logically doesn't work for me, I thought Costa was injured to so I figured even if he does play he would be subbbed off incase of further injury plus they are playing at Everton away; so I made Rooney my Captain..fit and playing away at Burnley.

Next thing you know Costa's banging in the goals and has a great game overall, and my opponents in head to head have Costa as captain of course :upyours:

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Grimly hanging on to #1, this can't last. D:

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Never ever trust FF injury news, always have your best players playing if they are 75% likely to start just have a good vice captain (if they are your captain) and have a strongish sub ready. Try and think logically but not with Man Utd, they aren't what they used to be and they aren't going to come good any time soon. Di Maria looked promising but not for 9.5. I have some idea's for after the international break if no one gets injured. I will be getting rid of Rooney though before his price falls through the floor.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Arrrrrr so many injuries :( Lost 12 points in 2 weeks due to injuries :(

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
@Vae is making an ominous climb up the table and is now tickling my bum hairs at the top of the table. How long can I hold on? It's the young pretender against the old wise master.

Vae

Resident Freddy
I've had a better start to the season than most seasons so I'm feeling fairly confident :)

Of course this comment will probably come back to bite me :(

One significant change this season is that price changes are much slower therefore the more casual player is not so disadvantaged compared to the people who keep track of them.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I didn't have as bad a weekend as I thought I would, after the injuries that were popping up in the international break. Rooney was my captain, it turned out he did well enough to make me feel not so bad about not captaining Costa (it only lost me 7 points)

I actually read somewhere before the game that Sterling (and Liverpool in general) would struggle against Villa and I thought "pah what do they know". :( But then, I wasn't sure Ramsey would play so I switched him out for Sterling, it might work in my favour in the long run.

Anyway, 78 points is the furthest I have been from "average" this season, that's for sure.

edit: holy shitballs I'm a point behind @Vae. I was tenth last time I checked (late Sunday evening), I thought Sunday's game had been taken into consideration already.

Last edited:

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Only 7 points behind @Vae so far, I'm classing this as a victory. Thank fuck for Costa!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well this week was a clusterfuck of epic proportions. :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm not doing that yet. I will sacrifice up to 8 points a week if I need to, I've decided. I remember being pissed at the end of December last season and blowing my main wildcard a few days before the January transfer window. Never again. :(

Fortunately nobody really did *that* well this week (except @Vae, at a glance :eek:).

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I had 11 points after yesterday. I was banking on convincing Everton and United wins today. How wrong was I. :(

Vae

Resident Freddy
I'm not doing that yet. I will sacrifice up to 8 points a week if I need to, I've decided. I remember being pissed at the end of December last season and blowing my main wildcard a few days before the January transfer window. Never again. :(

Fortunately nobody really did *that* well this week (except @Vae, at a glance :eek:).
I'm feeling back in my proper position again ;p Gambling on Welbeck finally paid off! Also decided Baines makes sense long term, despite tough games in the next 2 weeks. I wouldn't activate the wildcard unless I had at least 5-6 decent changes to make. Otherwise a few points hits would suffice. I think the wildcard is more valuable during the double game week period post Christmas. Particularly since prices are not so volatile this year.
That fucker isn't human!
Not what my wife says :p

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
At last having Mahrez in my team has earned me some points. Just wish I'd made him captain instead of Ulloa. :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Because they're playing Woolwich... Don't get me wrong, I have 3 Chelsea players in my team and none from Arsenal but I still don't think Costa is going to be "scoring when he likes" against them.

And besides, @Vae didn't captain Costa either (obviously I didn't know that at the time but it strengthens my case) but what does he know?!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I am regretting not having Di Maria as captain like, at least Costa got me a goal and probably some bonus points.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I just need Downing to do me proud and I've had a good week (he's already got an assist).

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Also regretting putting Silva in instead of Downing, hah. He's coming in this week like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom